City of Chattanooga, TN Employee Reviews

Inept Leadership / Management
Engineering Contract and ROW Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 4, 2018
Leadership with no governmental experience - and no social skills. Do not take criticism, ideas, improvements. Coworkers were underpaid and overworked, basically exploited. If you aren't in their clique or a "yes man" then you are either condemned to your current duties with no consideration for advancement OR you are tormented by management until you leave. However, it is a great place to work if you ride a bicycle :) because that is all the current regime care for.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Inept Leadership
Spring Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 10, 2018
Being an intern for the City of Chattanooga has been a great experience for me thus far. I’ve had a wonderful time even though the work I’m doing isn’t related to my program of study in college. But I would definitely love to continue working with and in the department I’m currently interning with/in. The only thing that has been a hassle while interning with the city is that the internship is being paid for through the Multicultural Department. And the pay rate that was initially posted/told to all of the interns was taken away due to their error. A lot of the interns quit jobs and took a leap of faith taking on the internship. Therefore, If I had to re-do everything over I wouldn’t intern through the Multicultural Department. I’d rather try my luck with going straight through the city itself.
Pros
Make own schedule, wonderful co-workers, excellent supervisor, great experience for first time internship
Cons
Initial pay was revoked, showed no remorse for the errors they made(Multicultural Department), don’t follow-up to check on interns
City of Chattanooga Is A Great Place To Work
City of Chattanooga 311 Call Center (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 19, 2018
Chattanooga's City vision is progressive and embracing of the future. We celebrate diversity, unity, forward-thinking, and creativity. Employees here are happy and have a great work/life balance. People are respectful.
Pros
Kind, positive management and people
Cons
None for me
prouductive inviroment
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 28, 2018
this job I loved. I started in the carousel, then went to parks and recreation. I had to clean parks and recreation centers. I really like this job. and would go back any time if needed.
Pros
i love working out side in the summer
Cons
get paid every two weeks
Caring Team Dedicated to Results
Homeless Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2017
Working for the City of Chattanooga has been an amazing experience! I've learned more than I thought possible and have grown personally and professionally.
Best job I have ever had in my life.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2017
Working for the city was the best job I've ever had. Hands down. They care about their employees and offer amazing benefits. It's not an easy place to get hired onto but once you get in the door you have friends for life.
Pros
Occasionally they bring in free food for everyone, there's a free clinic for city employees and their families, I could go on and on
Cons
You cannot live in another state and work for them
a great place for ensuring work and chances to apply and be promoted
General Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 14, 2015
I been here for almost 17 years now and I have been tremendously blessed and made a nice career or working at the city of chattanooga
Small Municipal City - Nice to work for.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Great opportunity for local technicians to start their career. Not a lot of potential for learning and career advancement.
Stable and nice working environment for older and people seeking retirement.
Pros
Stable relaxing work environment
Cons
Not the place for eager people for advancement.