City of Chico Employee Reviews

I enjoyed helping clean up the City of Chico
Chico Parks Crew (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 18, 2019
I enjoyed helping clean up the City of Chico. I was glad that for doing my community service I could have done something productive for the City of Chico.
Company One Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 3, 2018
As is often the case the city administration has allowed staffing to decline over the years. Nonetheless, CFD has a great group of outstanding employees who come to work each day with a desire to help their citizens
Challenging, Fast-Paced, But Rewarding
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 25, 2017
What I received from working here has been substantial. The environment and the comrade was more than I could ask for in a government type setting. The work was challenging enough, it was fast paced, but at the end of the day, you can go home knowing that you contributed to a better community and made a difference.
Pros
Benefits, Paid Time Off, Good Working Relationships
Cons
Work Load due to understaffing
Wonderful agency to work for.
Community Services Officer II (Former Employee) –  Chico, CA 95928March 22, 2016
I highly recommend working for the Chico Police Department. The pay is decent for the area, lots of training and advancement opportunities. Thumbs up!
Excellent place to work.
Senior Park Ranger (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 22, 2016
An excellent agency to work for. Lots of opportunity to develop professionally, move up in the organization and a great family culture. Thumbs up to the City!
It's a typical city
Community Service Officer II (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 13, 2013
I really enjoy the people I work with. You can never find a better quality of people than those who work in law enforcement or EMS. The teamwork and professionalism is of the highest quality.
Pros
Fast pace. Lots of opportunity to learn.
Cons
Very high stress. Subject to the changing tide of budget cuts and the whims of government officials.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 10, 2013
Handling calls for service. Dealing with people in stressful and/or traumatic situations. Managing time to complete priority details and assignments. Working with members of the public from diverse cultural backgrounds. Completing detailed reports. Assisting co-workers with their work load. Most difficult part of job was separating work from personal life. Most enjoyable part of job was actually being to help people through a difficult time.
Pros
Choice of shifts and work hours by senority. Health insurance and retirement.
Cons
Attending court on days off
A challenge, but rewarding place to work
Chief of Police (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 25, 2013
When I started here they were way behind in wages and benefits, it took two to three years to bring them up to comparable cities.
Being a college community, it presented many challenges along with the problems of the general population.
Loud parties; traffic and crime problems; problems of dealing with local political problems. However, all in all it was enjoyable and a great learning experience.
Pros
interaction with loacl business people and university staff.
Cons
low wage for the responsibility involved.
Working in the field was fun!
Park Intern (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 25, 2012
Overall, it was a good day to get outside to see the park. After a while, you really get to know the park and appreciate the amount of work that is put into the park for the public work.
Pros
good experience using gps trimble unit
Cons
not challenging enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Chico. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2