City of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

fast paced
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2018
If local government is where you want to work, the City of Cincinnati is the place to grow and learn. This is a place where you can see how the different departments work together cohesively and get a broader understanding of local government.
Productive place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
This job has excellent learning opportunities and numerous was to develop different skills and experiences. I also learned a great deal about handling customers on many different levels.
laid back
Electrical Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2018
im use to working at a faster pace, the guys are laid back and they not hard workers in my opinion but there are a few guys that do work hard, and get the job done
Wonderful place to work
Electrical Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
There was no typical day working for Public Services and that was a treat to me. I learned how to drive various types and sizes of vehicles, how to build intersections, and use a variety of tools.
Lacks integrity
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2018
I told one of my directors "If you want to know what goes on in your department, have lunch with me?" Unfortunately, he declined my offer and as a result the department was disbanded and he lost his job. In two different departments, I was asked to falsify documents to make them look good but I refused.
Pros
Good medical plans to choose from
Productive, fun and always in contact with the citizens of Cincinnati
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there. My Superintendent was AWESOME!!!! If I didn't relocate, I would still be working there. Great, fun, work environment! As long as you perform great with your daily assignments, you don't have to worry about being micromanaged.
Saftey first
Cincinnati public school crossing gaurd (Former Employee) –  805 evans st cincinnati.OhioFebruary 12, 2018
I saftely crossed school age children in and out of the school zones. Sometimes there was no traffic light so you had to risk your life for the children .its just one of those jobs like being a care giver .you have to be into that sort of thing .I enjoyed working as a school gaurd it was were fulfilling. I would definitely recommend working there for the experience alone is wonderful
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Not enough work hours
Exceptional employer
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
Working for the city was the best job I ever had. If not for circumstances I would still be there. I was a mail clerk for the Income Tax Department. I had a room to myself. I was not confined within a cubicle.
Pros
Working with little to no supervision
Love my career
Firefighter Captain (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
Have been a full time firefighter for 33 years Looking for something to do on my off days that is in a part time capacity Like driving and being outside
Loved this job and the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  City of Cincinnati, OH NorthsideNovember 21, 2017
checking in patients for registration receiving personal id's from patients proof of income and proof of address picture id, also answering multiple phone lines for patient calling in for appointments and also calling patients to notify of upcoming appointments handling cash for visits and verifying insurance coverage at each visit give return appointments for future visits.
Pros
Loved working with the public
Cons
Police Dispatcher/911 Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2017
Good benefits and pay with paid vacations, however, work hours are not good for raising a family. Management is very difficult and not willing to provide flexibility for working parents,
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad working hours for beginners
Great oppurtunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2017
The city gave me great experience that I can take anywhere. They listened to my ideas and allowed me to work on the skills I learned while enrolled at university.
Decent
Senior Project and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2017
It can be a great place to work. It depends on where you work in the organization. The department and leadership can be very self serving and political driven which negatively impacts employees.
Law Enforcement
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2017
If you have a life dream of being an officer the department is okay. There are other opportunities for individuals who have degrees elsewhere. Typical "Good Ole' Boy System"
life guarding in summers
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2017
Was a lifeguard with city pools. In charge of opening and closing the pool daily. While open rotated in chairs to watch patrons and keep people safe. Pretty basic job.
Pros
outside at pool all summer, easy hours
Cons
low pay low skill job
City of Cincinnati great opportunity
Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2017
The City of Cincinnati allows individuals to gain a good grasp of how local governments function. The City is quickly developing lending itself to a fast-paced environment.
I love this job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2016
This job is an amazing and fun way to meet new people and build friendships. This company opened me up to new and exciting this each year. Everybody is hands on and personal care for the staff. The hardest part about my jib was maintaining my personal life and work life as they kind of merged together. Being around loving and caring co-workers was a plus and I also got to go to other neighborhoods and meet new people. This job is the best jib for teens and will help build team work skills.
Pros
free lunches and good pay
Cons
Hot
Productive company with room for advancement.
Engineering Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2016
Learned a lot about the structural design of bridges and inspection of existing bridges using national standards. Load rated bridges for overload permits.
Fulfilling job
City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, IANovember 30, 2016
This job was the most fulfilling I have ever had because you were able to really solve problems and work towards solutions. In addition, it was challenging each and every day.
Pros
variety
Cons
residents
Police Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioNovember 15, 2016
This is a very rewarding job serving the people of Cincinnati. Job security is great and there is room for advancement. Everyday presents new experiences.