City of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

laid back
Electrical Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2018
im use to working at a faster pace, the guys are laid back and they not hard workers in my opinion but there are a few guys that do work hard, and get the job done
Lacks integrity
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2018
I told one of my directors "If you want to know what goes on in your department, have lunch with me?" Unfortunately, he declined my offer and as a result the department was disbanded and he lost his job. In two different departments, I was asked to falsify documents to make them look good but I refused.
Pros
Good medical plans to choose from
Saftey first
Cincinnati public school crossing gaurd (Former Employee) –  805 evans st cincinnati.OhioFebruary 12, 2018
I saftely crossed school age children in and out of the school zones. Sometimes there was no traffic light so you had to risk your life for the children .its just one of those jobs like being a care giver .you have to be into that sort of thing .I enjoyed working as a school gaurd it was were fulfilling. I would definitely recommend working there for the experience alone is wonderful
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Not enough work hours
Exceptional employer
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
Working for the city was the best job I ever had. If not for circumstances I would still be there. I was a mail clerk for the Income Tax Department. I had a room to myself. I was not confined within a cubicle.
Pros
Working with little to no supervision
Love my career
Firefighter Captain (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
Have been a full time firefighter for 33 years Looking for something to do on my off days that is in a part time capacity Like driving and being outside
Loved this job and the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  City of Cincinnati, OH NorthsideNovember 21, 2017
checking in patients for registration receiving personal id's from patients proof of income and proof of address picture id, also answering multiple phone lines for patient calling in for appointments and also calling patients to notify of upcoming appointments handling cash for visits and verifying insurance coverage at each visit give return appointments for future visits.
Pros
Loved working with the public
Cons
Police Dispatcher/911 Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2017
Good benefits and pay with paid vacations, however, work hours are not good for raising a family. Management is very difficult and not willing to provide flexibility for working parents,
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad working hours for beginners
Great oppurtunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2017
The city gave me great experience that I can take anywhere. They listened to my ideas and allowed me to work on the skills I learned while enrolled at university.
Decent
Senior Project and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2017
It can be a great place to work. It depends on where you work in the organization. The department and leadership can be very self serving and political driven which negatively impacts employees.
life guarding in summers
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2017
Was a lifeguard with city pools. In charge of opening and closing the pool daily. While open rotated in chairs to watch patrons and keep people safe. Pretty basic job.
Pros
outside at pool all summer, easy hours
Cons
low pay low skill job
City of Cincinnati great opportunity
Development Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 7, 2017
The City of Cincinnati allows individuals to gain a good grasp of how local governments function. The City is quickly developing lending itself to a fast-paced environment.
I love this job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2016
This job is an amazing and fun way to meet new people and build friendships. This company opened me up to new and exciting this each year. Everybody is hands on and personal care for the staff. The hardest part about my jib was maintaining my personal life and work life as they kind of merged together. Being around loving and caring co-workers was a plus and I also got to go to other neighborhoods and meet new people. This job is the best jib for teens and will help build team work skills.
Pros
free lunches and good pay
Cons
Hot
Productive company with room for advancement.
Engineering Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 2, 2016
Learned a lot about the structural design of bridges and inspection of existing bridges using national standards. Load rated bridges for overload permits.
Fulfilling job
City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, IANovember 30, 2016
This job was the most fulfilling I have ever had because you were able to really solve problems and work towards solutions. In addition, it was challenging each and every day.
Pros
variety
Cons
residents
Police Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioNovember 15, 2016
This is a very rewarding job serving the people of Cincinnati. Job security is great and there is room for advancement. Everyday presents new experiences.
N/a
Economic Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2016
The company culture was welcoming, however little to no career advancement opportunity was given. Good place to gain intern experience but do not expect long term employment opportunities.
Sanitation worker
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work working with the public on city street collecting garbage and yard waste. Transporting waste to city dump. I learned how to operate heavy equipment. Learned how to be a safe driver when driving such a big truck. I learned how to work with others adapt to weather. The enjoyest part of the job was meeting knew people working with others and learning different straegies.
Pros
watching straight through no breaks and driving and learning
Cons
was when working with others and they dont pull they weight of there job
Great Benefits and salary
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2016
I learned a lot in the 23 years of working for the city and my pension is great. Meet a lot a great people and learned a lot about city government, training
Relaxed atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45202June 11, 2016
In the income tax department, work ebbs and flows like many other places. Everyone is friendly and joking and the atmosphere is very relaxed and encouraging.
big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication.
Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2016
sometimes long and odd hours,A big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication. Senior management works very hard to keep politics out of the culture, and we are taught to "talk _to_ people, not about them", to "listen with intense curiosity", to "tell others how they impact you". There is ongoing training and reinforcement around this,