City of Cincinnati Employee Reviews

Was a good training ground to learn about the city finances
ACCOUNTANT- ACCOUNTS AND AUDITS (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2019
This place was a good training ground to learn about the city's finances and budget. In additional, I learned all about the city funding and financial practices.
Pros
great financial training
Cons
lack of funding
Informative
Volunteer Cincinnati (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2018
I worked in various offices in City Hall as a volunteer. Great exposure to how city government executed laws. Would recommend youth to volunteer in the various departments to learn about the city and city government
non productive
surveyor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2019
too many managers in a position that aren't qualified to be there. bypass the qualified people for promotional opportunities. lack of good attitudes by employees due to bad management
Stressful
Investigator (Current Employee) –  Downtown CincinnatiSeptember 9, 2018
There is never a typical workday. I'd rather not mention any job specifics. This is simply not the type of investigations I am accustomed to conducting. There is very little personal satisfaction.
Benefits
Cons
No personal satisfaction or growth to achieve.
fast paced
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 30, 2018
If local government is where you want to work, the City of Cincinnati is the place to grow and learn. This is a place where you can see how the different departments work together cohesively and get a broader understanding of local government.
Productive place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
This job has excellent learning opportunities and numerous was to develop different skills and experiences. I also learned a great deal about handling customers on many different levels.
Lacks integrity
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2018
I told one of my directors "If you want to know what goes on in your department, have lunch with me?" Unfortunately, he declined my offer and as a result the department was disbanded and he lost his job. In two different departments, I was asked to falsify documents to make them look good but I refused.
Pros
Good medical plans to choose from
Saftey first
Cincinnati public school crossing gaurd (Former Employee) –  805 evans st cincinnati.OhioFebruary 12, 2018
I saftely crossed school age children in and out of the school zones. Sometimes there was no traffic light so you had to risk your life for the children .its just one of those jobs like being a care giver .you have to be into that sort of thing .I enjoyed working as a school gaurd it was were fulfilling. I would definitely recommend working there for the experience alone is wonderful
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Not enough work hours
Wonderful place to work
Electrical Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
There was no typical day working for Public Services and that was a treat to me. I learned how to drive various types and sizes of vehicles, how to build intersections, and use a variety of tools.
Productive, fun and always in contact with the citizens of Cincinnati
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there. My Superintendent was AWESOME!!!! If I didn't relocate, I would still be working there. Great, fun, work environment! As long as you perform great with your daily assignments, you don't have to worry about being micromanaged.
laid back
Electrical Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2018
im use to working at a faster pace, the guys are laid back and they not hard workers in my opinion but there are a few guys that do work hard, and get the job done
Loved this job and the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  City of Cincinnati, OH NorthsideNovember 21, 2017
checking in patients for registration receiving personal id's from patients proof of income and proof of address picture id, also answering multiple phone lines for patient calling in for appointments and also calling patients to notify of upcoming appointments handling cash for visits and verifying insurance coverage at each visit give return appointments for future visits.
Pros
Loved working with the public
Exceptional employer
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
Working for the city was the best job I ever had. If not for circumstances I would still be there. I was a mail clerk for the Income Tax Department. I had a room to myself. I was not confined within a cubicle.
Pros
Working with little to no supervision
Police Dispatcher/911 Operator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 10, 2017
Good benefits and pay with paid vacations, however, work hours are not good for raising a family. Management is very difficult and not willing to provide flexibility for working parents,
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad working hours for beginners
I love this job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2016
This job is an amazing and fun way to meet new people and build friendships. This company opened me up to new and exciting this each year. Everybody is hands on and personal care for the staff. The hardest part about my jib was maintaining my personal life and work life as they kind of merged together. Being around loving and caring co-workers was a plus and I also got to go to other neighborhoods and meet new people. This job is the best jib for teens and will help build team work skills.
Pros
free lunches and good pay
Cons
Hot
Sanitation worker
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at work working with the public on city street collecting garbage and yard waste. Transporting waste to city dump. I learned how to operate heavy equipment. Learned how to be a safe driver when driving such a big truck. I learned how to work with others adapt to weather. The enjoyest part of the job was meeting knew people working with others and learning different straegies.
Pros
watching straight through no breaks and driving and learning
Cons
was when working with others and they dont pull they weight of there job
Review of city of Cincinnati
Clerk,Driver,and laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 19, 2015
Typical Day
For the last 10 years I worked at Public Service- I did a lot of data entry and helped customers (mostly complaints) walk-ins and a lot of telephone calls. (Customer service)
Also, I worked on a lot of data entry sheets and also did some excel and word.

I learned to work with my co-workers as a team.
The management was very good (qualified people)
The hardest part of my job was when I started at Public Service in 2003 when I started at Public Service ( just getting accustomed to the way things were done.

The most enjoyable part of my job at Public Service was working with friends that I met and gaining more knowledge.
Productive and fun with alot great people to meet.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day is jammed with people so my communication skills was a must have day in and day out. The weekend`s be a little less packed because only a certain group of people are let in. For example on Saturdays only teens and retails are allowed access. I also learned many different skills here such as time and organizational skills. My co-workers are all hard working people with good attitudes for work.The hardest part of the job is trying to improve the people that come into the center. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing so many smiling faces each and every day.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good work environment.
Cons
Attitudes of some customers
Love my career
Firefighter Captain (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 1, 2017
Have been a full time firefighter for 33 years Looking for something to do on my off days that is in a part time capacity Like driving and being outside
big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication.
Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2016
sometimes long and odd hours,A big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication. Senior management works very hard to keep politics out of the culture, and we are taught to "talk _to_ people, not about them", to "listen with intense curiosity", to "tell others how they impact you". There is ongoing training and reinforcement around this,