City of Cleveland Heights Employee Reviews

This city is a terrible place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 25, 2018
Management does not kow what they are doing or how to run the city, except into the ground. Morale is nonexistent and management does not care for their employee's.
Pros
Paycheck, if your lucky, every two weeks
Cons
Work for bosses who dont know how to do the job your doing
The City is restructuring its organization to provide the technology for the modern and new generation of employees.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHFebruary 12, 2018
I recently left the city about a year ago. The position I had was phased out, but I honestly enjoyed my position working for the City of Cleveland Heights.
Pros
The City has great benefits.
Cons
Unfortunately there is not a lot of room for advancement within the organization
Cohesive dedicated staff
Relocation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMarch 15, 2017
I worked with an extraordinary group of people and a superb supervisor. I never knew what the day would bring or what I would have to bring to the table. I learned a tremendous amount about working for a city government department. The work environment was unusually democratic and fair. The hardest part of the job was that it was only part-time and I did not make much money.
Pros
Superb coworkers and work environment
Cons
Low wages and no benefits.
Top Notch Department
Investigator / Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHApril 23, 2016
This is a very regimented and disciplined Police department. Many different levels of protection and localized areas of supervision resulted in thirty second response times to calls for police involvement.
Pros
Multiple back up levels for officers and residents.
Nice City
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHNovember 11, 2015
Good people, nice place to work. I enjoyed my years there and recommend it to others. Plenty of work to do. City is diverse and and welcoming.
Great place to work and live.
Commissioner of Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work and live(64 years). Had City Managers, bosses, City Council Members, and staff who were dedicated to the City, very smart and innovative, kept Cleveland Heights in the forefront of of all activities and ideas. Ha great facilities to work with at all times.
Pros
lLived and worked in the same City.
Always something new
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJuly 20, 2015
On a daily basis we are faced with different challenges related to our tasks. Communication between management and laborers has to be constant and detailed.
Great suburban neighborhood with historic architectural structures.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJune 9, 2014
I only work on projects as needed, but the level of paperwork is very manageable and there is a lot of flexibility in my schedule. The management is very knowledgeable and helpful too. I really like transforming the exterior of buildings and seeing the excitement of the business owners.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Federal funding cuts
Good working place
Waste Collector- Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHApril 30, 2013
Working for the City of Cleveland Heights was vey fun. I learned what a typical day of being a garbage man was like. The co-workers were fun people to be around.
I had a lot of fun painting fire hydrants.
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHNovember 21, 2012
Most of the days at work this group and I went to paint fire hydrants on different streets in cleveland heights. I learned how to do a little painting. For the most part we worked a lone because everybody took one fire hydrant apiece. The hardest part about the job was trying not to get the paint on my clothes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to actually paint fire hydrants for the City of Cleveland Heights.
Pros
i was able to work alone