City of Cleveland Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Day in Cleveland Housing Court
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Housing CourtMay 2, 2018
I work in the Cleveland Housing Court. Sometimes you intertwine with different types of people having issues with housing, evictions, etc. At times, it can be very difficult and sometimes the outcome of issues can be resolved.
Pros
breaks, can go outside for lunch
Cons
sometimes stressful days
Fun place to work.
Project Coordinator/Prevailing Wage Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2018
I have learned a lot since being employed for the City of Cleveland. My computer skills have improved tremendously. Office parties are the norm here which make working here a treat.
Pros
Fun
Cons
People are afraid to share their knowledge
Fun place to work the staff was like family
Corrections Officer/Corporal (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2018
The House of Corrections was a excellent place to work. The staff was easy to work with we all worked together as a team. I would still be with them if they were not closing.
Pros
good communication skills
Cons
overtime
I loved working for the City of Cleveland
Redevelopment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2018
I worked for the City of Cleveland over 30 years. I met a lot of people and was able to advance in my career. I enjoyed the work environment. I had excellent benefits.
Pros
location
Cons
nothing
Exciting place to work
Assistant Commissioner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2018
A typical day included planning, project review, work assignments, budgeting, corporate meetings and site visits. Daily interaction with community and social events.
Fast paced
Employment Specialist/Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2018
Consistent and set according to guidelines set by state learning how to balance various personalities among customers and clients seeking more information regarding employment requirements and needs,
good
Sysytems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 27, 2018
it was 8 hours a day.
taking care of billing data.
we had new billing system Called CC&B.
it was good system.
We had water &Sewer billing and stormwater and as well as garbage pickup system.
Love my work, not so much with management
Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Lack of organization. Management has change frequently in the last 10 years. Lack of productivity. Love my work, not too happy with management. The hardest part of my job is having work ethic and management having lack of it.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
New management not adhering to in place procedures
Enjoyable place to work
Water pipe repairman (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2018
If you enjoy working to make your city better this is the place for you. Love working outside and interacting with the public. Management puts you in a place to advance and succeed
A typical work day
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 10, 2018
A typical day a work is consists on greeting people in the morning. Looking forward to getting my work done in a timely matter and going home on time.
Waste Collector (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2018
I like the jib a lot it was a good paying job and it was fun. Nice management and great workers. We got holiday pau and paid vacation. It was a nice overall job and I liked it alot
Pros
Great job
Cons
Great job
Interesting place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2018
Typical work day stressful.
No support from management.
Workplace culture lacks responsibility and accountability
Hardest part of the job, working to full potential with minimal training and resources.
The most enjoyable part of the job was decompressing on my ride home.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Lack of support from management
Summary
Assistant Administrator Prevailing Wages (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2018
The City of Cleveland offers terrific medical benefits. the City of Cleveland is an government entity located and serves the greater Cleveland area. I work 40 hours a week and my primary duties include prevailing wage activities
It was nice to work for the city of cleveland.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2018
A typical day is when I'm cleaning my building and a Superviser comes to my building and ask me if i can go to another building and clean it to. What I learned from working for the City of Cleveland is a person can make their job need them. Yes, the City of Cleveland has work place culture, you can learn from others ,which has made me a better person. The hardest part of my job was watching men and women serve the City of Cleveland and not be appreciated. Management worked the hardest due to so many employees retireing. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything perfect. But I enjoyed it.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create a clean enviroment for the men and women in blue.
Pros
Feeling safe and long breaks
Cons
sometime it would be to cold inside due to the airconditio
Special Place to Work
Deputy Budget Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2018
You must have thick skin and be able to work well with others in a diverse environment. You may have to work in the elements or work with the community. Overall I love my coworkers and what I do.
Enough work to fill the day
City Operattions (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 22, 2017
Getting to interact with many different people during the day.

Working with interesting people.

Hardest part of the job in OPS was animal control, not my favorite

job when it came to skunk removal.
Pros
Meeting interesting people
Cons
Occasional long work days (double shifts)
Fun and interactive
Lifeguard - Cudell Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2017
Summers as a lifeguard are enjoyable. You get to watch over people and meet new people all the time. You get to talk, be interactive and most importantly make sure people are safe.
I enjoyed working for the City Of Cleveland
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2017
Enjoyed being seasonal supervisor, we were outside daily going to different areas on the west side of Cleveland cleaning and picking up debris from the parks cul-de-sac and vacant lots
It was ok
Seasonal supervisor cutting grass (Former Employee) –  PLATT DIVISION 68 QUINICYNovember 20, 2017
Nice place to work enjoyed being a supervisor the pay wasn t the greatest the bad thing about it was that it was only seasonal and you had a long vaction 7 months
Pros
Drove around in a city truck
Cons
Did not get city benifits
her is my review
community health aide . (Current Employee) –  City of Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2017
a typical day at work .Coming to work and getting my the list of who i am to help today.what you learned .is to be kind to the people i help.management. I enjoy helping the people i work with each day they are very nice to be with. the hardest part of my job is i do not have a car in i have to cast the bus .workplace. i work out of the water department building.the most enjoyable part of the job ,is right now work out of the water department personality i get to meet other hundreds of coworkers on other personality.in measurements.
Pros
no free lunch