City of Cleveland Employee Reviews

Love For My Job . But No Love For Management
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 12, 2019
My job in the field of correction officer. Highland Hills, and Downtown . I enjoyed working both places. I feel the position as a correction officer is not respected by upper management from the Commissioner to Mayor. During the DRC we were force to work 12 hr days 7 days a week . After it was over there was not even a simple thank you , nice job. For a highly stressful job dealing with inmates with mental issues and drug addiction everyday can way in on you .But, I no what I sign up for . After all I been working in the field for over 20 years. However, it seem to me management focus more on discipline more so than working with people. And when it came down to the county taking over the city jail . We as city employee's were not taken into consideration for no other city job . We had people that were near retirement.The Only Choices. we had was go with the County and take a six dollar pay cut or take the lay-off. No jobs available with in the city of Cleveland for us. So when ask if I would recommend anyone to work for the city of Cleveland I will tell them to use their best judgement when they make that decision .
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Upper Management Sucks
rec instructor 1
RECREATION INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  west side of clevelandDecember 10, 2018
very good work place, good people . Can transfer to different departments for a better life style change or want something better for yourself but have to wait for a bid
Pros
easy work
Cons
mentally tiring
City of Cleveland Experience
Full-Time Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills, OHDecember 6, 2018
Great employment opportunity, while in school for Paralegal Studies, gave me the chance to learn and grow in the field. Learned how to multitask and communicate well with others.
learn how to operate heavy duty Lawn Equipment
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Areas around the Ward 9November 13, 2018
Working for the City was a seasonal job which involved operating heavy duty Lawn machines to maintain City properties. Was a good experience and I was able to learn a lot.
Pros
Learn to operate Industrial Equipment
Cons
Labor intensive
Great real first internship
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2018
Loved my supervisor so much. She was a great role model to have to go into the world of human resources and she made every day so fun and interesting, or at least tried to. I appreciated the opportunity of getting to learn from her.
Pros
Great internship opportunity
Cons
Was unpaid
City of Cleveland
HYDRAULIC REPAIRMAN (Former Employee) –  Clveland, OhioNovember 11, 2018
Provide you with great benefits and multiple job opportunities. I would suggest others to work there if they enjoy working in various working conditions.
This is a very good career opportunity.
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2018
The City of Cleveland is a good place to work in job stability and benefits. However, the environment is stressful and highly fast paced. The balance is that employees are paid well and company benefits are good also. Many employees at this company are long-term, permanent and career-oriented.
Pros
Good place with high stability, pay and benefits.
Cons
Highly fast-paced and hectic work environment.
I enjoyed working at the City of Cleveland! I liked be able to work during the times my family was also working.
Receiptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 26, 2018
A typical day I arrived at 7:45am to prepare to open and turn all the phones over at 8am. I had to post mail daily and post checks once a week,before posting the checks I had to have someone sign off on them, i had to make sure everyones mail was put in the right boxes, i answered multiple phone lines and transferred them to the right department, and greeted each customer that came through the front doors. I would leave at 5 each day but not until i had locked the doors and turned the phones off.
greta job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2018
it was a greta experience working for the city of cleveland i was a seasonal working wouldnt work as a seasonal again would have to be more perm....some of the supervisors are nice though i guess like any other job i would like to see more woman being hired in by the city of cleveland
It is interesting working with residents and agencies in the community.
Asian Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 29, 2018
There are no two days alike with this job, which is one of the main reasons why I enjoy the work because I am constantly learning, creating, problem solving and adjusting to the needs of the residents and local stakeholders. Being challenged on a constant basis, builds not only one's ability, but also one's true character.
Pros
Able to initiate projects that benefits area residents.
Cons
Lack of support.
Proud of the City
Business Process Analyst, (Current Employee) –  Public Utilities/IT/Project ManagementAugust 21, 2018
I am proud to work for the City of Cleveland. Serving others is what I enjoy most about my job. I have and continue to learn a great deal in my current position.
Good place to work for employment stability
Data Conversion Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2018
Hectic work environment. Diverse workforce.
Learned to prioritize. Hardest was working with extremely difficult job demands. Enjoyable was in a small way contributing to the community.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Unusually stressful daily job requirements and demands
Great
Assistant Manager/Recreation Instructor/Play (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2018
If you enjoy working with children and participating in sports programs the City of Cleveland Department of Recreation is where you want to be. Being able to help youth experience n environment were they can develop teamwork is great
Benefits
Cons
the hours are rough for anyone with a family 11:30 - 800pm
Lunch Monitor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2018
Learned to properly temp food when distributing to large amount of people. The best part of working with summer lunch is because I feel good knowing that I have fed children.
Love the work I do, just ready for a different atmosphere.
Cleveland (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2018
Typical day at work, assessing receipts, payments and contracts to be processed.

I have learn how to merge with different personalities

Hardest part of is adjusting to new management.
Good place toe work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2018
I like working here. Plan to continue to work here. Good benefits. Work hours good. Good Insurance. Pay us good. Good coworkers stays busy. Good training.
Pros
Cons
Trucks break down
Strongly enforce training classes
Activities Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2018
Cheerful, friendly and helplful at the local level.
Good inter working with students as well with the teachers.
The manager was helpful and friendly to work with the students and teachers.
I Love the city of Cleveland, TN
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 21, 2018
Its been a long time but I love my job working for the city of Cleveland. In the past and during my time, employees were taken very good care of. Great retirement plan. Enjoyed my years there.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement
Cons
Great amount of personl discipline is required.
A typical work day
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Highland Hills, OHFebruary 10, 2018
A typical day a work is consists on greeting people in the morning. Looking forward to getting my work done in a timely matter and going home on time.
It was ok
Seasonal supervisor cutting grass (Former Employee) –  PLATT DIVISION 68 QUINICYNovember 20, 2017
Nice place to work enjoyed being a supervisor the pay wasn t the greatest the bad thing about it was that it was only seasonal and you had a long vaction 7 months
Pros
Drove around in a city truck
Cons
Did not get city benifits