CITY OF COLLEGE PARK Employee Reviews

Poor leadership
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GA 30337August 28, 2019
This is a good place to work if the leadership were better, at least at the time when I was employed. The morale in the organization at the time was horrible. No room for growth and the equity and inclusion was not practiced.
Very low pay.. dont come here if you need more then 13 dollars
Building and Grounds Worker (Current Employee) –  2233 harvard ave college park , gaJuly 11, 2019
Not to bad just really horrible pay.. the employees are under valued and under paid.. most people I know have 2 or more jobs. It shouldnt be this way, we are pretty much in poverty! I cleared 27000 last year and the stress level with the jobs, counsel members and mayor just isnt worth it. ... go to south Fulton.. they have a great benefit package and they pay alot more the college park does.
stressful in and out of the building
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 15, 2019
Typical law enforcement job (stressful). Due to the high turnover rate, manpower is an issue. I think this is the problem in law enforcement not, not just at this department.
the city of college park is a good city
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 2, 2018
typical work day, be at work at 8am, get cart ready and see what complaints and what needs to be done right away.
I learned how to negotiate contracts
Management needed to be replaced
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the other employees and management.
Going to the gym and releasing stress was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
got to eat free sometimes within the city of college park
Cons
management
Very physical an hard working place
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Typical day includes mowing lawns, right aways and pruning bushes and trees throughout the city. Ive learned management skills, effective communication, and life skills working here. My management is a great group of people who take time to explain themselves. The culture around the job is friendly and talkative. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the elements outside. The most enjoyable part of the job is its free exercise.
Pros
Time and vacation
Cons
elements from weather
What I Do At My Job
Supply Clerk/Mechanic Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDJanuary 7, 2018
A typical day at work is to enter information into a computer based software program, little or no direction from management, purchased parts and supplies for the City, communicate with outside vendors on pricing and product quality.
Enter work orders into fleet maintenance software, enter purchase orders of parts ordered. Performed minor maintenance and repairs on commercial trucks and fleet vehicles.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Work in all elements of weather
Sorry Management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  College Park, GaDecember 23, 2017
You got a director who is very divisive and loves to over exaggerate everything. This director is so busy trying to look good in front of the mayor and councilmen. He makes bad decisions and promotes unqualified people in mgmt positions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor management
watching movies
Laborer (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDOctober 16, 2017
being on the trash truck from 7am to 1pm
fun atmosphere
lovely people
On mon-wed we done the college park md area
thurs-fri was basically our down days
work environment is great
Customer Service II (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 9, 2017
a typical day at work is to help the all customer, answer all calls and resolve all questions, take payments, adjust bills, post payments on customer accounts and balance all payments online
Pros
free work out gym
Cons
short lunch breaks
Governing Board are uneducated bullies
Nothing (Former Employee) –  City HallSeptember 21, 2017
Not progressive
Dog Eat Dog Culture
Few People in positions of management are qualified for the positons they hold.

Staff is underpaid and underappreciated

Political and unprofessional
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
good job
Jail Officer (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 9, 2017
pay is reasonable and the benefits package is decent but for the amount of work the pay needs to be heightened. need more full time employees. jail size not large enough to hold capacity.
Good place for stability and longevity.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Most days are typically the same. You come in do your job and go home. Working there taught me how to be a great employee. Management shows favoritism a lot. Most co-workers come in do their job and go home. While others tend to build friendships that stretch beyond work. The hardest part of the job would be, the fact that the council has so much control and power over employees, and focus less on the well being of the community. The most enjoyable part is the benefits, they make sure that you are well taken care of.
Pros
Christmas bonuses, flexibilty, and schedule.
Summer Job
Seasonal Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  College Park, GADecember 20, 2016
A good place for young people to start working with exceptional pay for a seasonal job, A good enviroment to help young have a taste of the working world.
Excellent place of work
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 23, 2016
Excellent place to work very professional and friendly co-workers. Employer care about community and employees by keeping everyone informed.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
mostly hire for part-time with no benefits
I had fun and learned alot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 2, 2016
College Park help me build a lot of skills, gain connections, and I met some great people along the way. The pay could have been better, but overall I do not regret my time there. It was a small organization to work for and it felt like I was apart of a family when I was there, there are cons to that, but I am people oriented so it worked well for me more often than not. Great entry level positions for those just coming out of college or just looking to get their feet wet in a government setting.
Being here 8+ years I have gained a lot of knowledge in all areas.
Permit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 4, 2015
Supportive management, great team players, work and family friendly environment, meeting new people, answering phone, returning calls, checking emails,direct contact with customers.
Is a very good place to work
Customer Service Manager/ UTILITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  GAJune 13, 2015
My day starts out at 7.00 Am being in my office reading my emails, and geting customer service open for the day , then I start seeing customers at 8.00Am till 5.00Pm also I have at least five meetings a day one with city manager, finance director, councilmans , and meeting with mayor . I also so work on agenda items for the next coucilman meeting.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Wonderful Work Enviroment
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 6, 2015
A typical day at work is going out in the city and enforcing the rules. I have learned being a code enforcement officer is that all people should be treated equal in this line of work. Management is always their to assist in any situation I may have out in the field. My co-workers are very supportive. The hardest part of my job is trying to find violators that hide under the radar moving from place to place. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and being able to keep the city clean and making sure all companies have current business license.
Excellent City of work for
Ex Admin Assist Economic Development (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day here at the city is laid back. No stress. All co-worker are professional and kind to one another. There isn't any thing hard about my job. The most enjoyable part is hosting our annual golf tournament every year.
Pros
Meeting business developers
Cons
healthcare
Great place to work!
ASSISTANT TO THE HR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDSeptember 16, 2014
The City of College Park is a great place to work. Employees tend to stay once employed.