City of College Station Employee Reviews

Mechanic (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 2, 2018
Enjoy working there.Started out doing Tires then moved over to small viechles and then to Big trucks.Have learned a lot different types of work related parts that break down.
Cocs
Residential Plans Examiner/Inspector (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 31, 2018
Good stable work environment with adequate pay to live in our area. Pay is not equivalent to independant companies. This is still a good place to work and live to raise a family.
productive and fun work place
Horticulturalist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TX 77840April 18, 2018
Working at the city of college station is a good opportunity for anyone new to the job field because of the 40 hour weeks and the easy work load is not to stressfull.
Do not work in public works
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 16, 2018
Worked in the street department for 2 and a half years no promotion opportunity, my military service was called equal to that of a mail man and is not applicable here. Very political place of employment I however regret quitting instead of just transferring departments
Pros
Lots of down time
Cons
Management is micromanaging
Mid-size Municipality
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 24, 2018
The City of College Station is home to Texas A&M University, and provides public safety, roadway, water, electric and sewer services to a resident population of over 118,000 and a student population of 66,000.
Pros
Great people - no backstabbing
Cons
City Council constantly changes
Excellent Work Schedule and team
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Group of hard working/motivated employees and great management. Daily route assignments broken and distributed evenly and consitently in order to maximize performance
City of College Station
Broadcast Video Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 28, 2017
The City of College Station is an excellent place to work. They hire good people and appreciate the ones they have. Many employees finish out their careers here and with good reason.
Great Culture - Wonderful People
Comp & Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 9, 2017
The City of College Station is employed by some of the most hard working, and caring individuals I have ever met. That being said, they frequently promote from within, and therefore possible have not hired the right talent for the right positions. Due to limited resources, one person can be doing a job meant for 3-4 people. The Benefits are excellent, and the pay is better than you'll receive at the big school across the street. Still, there is not a lot of room for advancement and it can be frustrating when the ceiling is "too low".
Pros
Wonderful People, Great Benefits, Best Pay in Town
Cons
Not Much Room to Advance
hard work with little pay
Meter Service Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 16, 2017
this job is no longer offered through the city of college station.they have out sourced it through a contracting company
Pros
fun people to work for
Cons
hard work in summer time
Overall great place to work
Asst Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 1, 2016
The city of college station is a great place to work depending on what management you're under.
There's lots of favoritism and not everyone follows "one city one team".
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Supervisors are always right
Enjoyable enviroment for the sports guru
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 17, 2016
I loved my job with the City of College Station Parks and Recreation. I learned to manage a facility for the sport event I was working. I improved on my customer service skills. I would show up to work and set up my facility and direct customers to where they needed to be. My co-workers were great to be around and were great when i needed help.
productive
SR. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 4, 2016
Co workers are easy to get along with. Very laid back staff. Very productive office willing to go the extra mile for the customers.
Challenging and Rewarding
Staff Planner (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 19, 2015
Great place to work. I learned a lot about public speaking, having to work as a team with other departments. I reviewed site plans and did site inspections for Certificate of Occupancy. Management was very supportive. I had the best co-workers we made a great team. The hardest part of the job was having to work with developers who did not want to follow our codes and ordinances, but at the end of the day we usually found a happy balance. The best part of my job was knowing that I was instrumental in making our community a better place to live.

Pros
Great management. A great place to grow personally and proffessionaly. Great networking
Cons
Not getting my degree when I was there
route manager
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Driving trash trucks to pick up residential and commercial trash cans. Hauled off to the land fill then go help co workers to finish up there routes quickly but safely.
Good environment to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 8, 2015
City of College Station TX is a serious place to work.
Payment is due the right day.
They take into account workers needs to establish schedules.
Pros
Schedules are flexible
Cons
I would like to have more hours a week
Great co-workers/ Horrible place to work
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Only thing good about the city is your co-workers. Everything else is horrible. Boss are horrible. There is so much favoritism. The only way to move up is kiss butt or be a good friend with a boss. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to work there. The money is horrible you can't even afford to fill up your gas tank after you pay bills.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Horrible management, Pay, and Favortism
All right place to work
Recreation Assistant - Work concession stands (Former Employee) –  vetrans parkMay 15, 2014
It gave you good hour but, not enough to live off. Management was friendly and fun to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough
Place is great, culture of management is rotten.
police officer (Former Employee) –  College Station TXMarch 18, 2014
For a very "well-off" city, they are constantly trying to do things on a shoestring. They expect "top quality" but do not want to pay for it. A constant struggle to have the manpower and equipment needed to do a job, under constant criticism for "asking for too much."
Pros
Nice place to live, and city has great potential.
Cons
Elected officials interested only in their own narrow perspective, "lap-dog" management

Comment – December 4, 2014

Nailed that. 100% agree with that assessment. The elected council is focused only on whatever personal issue got them to run, they do not care about doing a good job for the citizens and certainly don't treat employees well.

Really great place to work.
Action Center Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Work in the technology dept and enjoyed that very much.

Learned differant applications, work more with the computer and learned more about differant software and hardware.

Management worked together and work for the differant departments.

Everyone working together.

Learning about the budget, what it did, where it went, and how much each department received.

Meeting the differant employees of the city and what their job was.
Pros
Lunches that we had together.
Cons
Sometimes working meetings.
working at the city of college station drove me to depression
Light equipment operator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 25, 2013
I worked at the city for 10 years and was treated every year like was nothing. I worked my butt off almost was put in a stroke and was still treated like I owed them something. Very terrible to their employes
Pros
got to work with light equipment
Cons
some of the bosses were very unpleasant and very lousy people