City of Columbus Employee Reviews

Decent place to work.
Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 20, 2019
Would work there again in the future. The City of Columbus is a great place to work if you can find your niche. The HR staff is fair, but there is a lot of nepotism and unfair treatment of employees.
Well paid job
Office Assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 16, 2019
Good job.very busy. Lots to know. Worked for a new manager that liked to claim things were OK and going great and then tell HR another story. There is a lot you need to know about Columbus as well
Not what you think it is , bad place to work!!!!!
Equipment Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2019
unfriendly work environment, bad management, no proper training. They give you a pay raise then raise your healthcare and union dues, management is horrible they get off on firing you while on probation, they also talk to you with no respect .
Pros
Cons
Don't waste your time. Bad work environment!!!!
Personal Review
Landscape Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2019
Depending on who you are working with dictates if the day will be slow or fast paced. Depending on who is working if the moral is high or low. I love doing different things every day. Most of the managers that I dealt with were professional and polite.
Pros
different duties each day
Cons
Low pay
Excellent
Office Assistant 3 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 5, 2019
Great people to work with
Learned more about Microsoft
Great co-worker interaction
Excellent management
Interaction with the public
Helped get me better acquainted with secretarial and office administrative duties.
Great
Arraignment Bailiff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 28, 2019
Fun atmosphere, coworkers are very eager to help and teach. Very easy to learn and continue education within the law community. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with how many tasks I had been given.
Patrol level is awesome. Collusion and corruption at the top.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Patrol level is awesome. Collusion and corruption at the top. Being an officer on patrol was amazing. When feckless and fustian supervisors meddle - the job quickly becomes a turn off.
Great communication between supervisors and other groups
Engineer in Training, Bridge Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2019
The days were set with an expectation of what work was to be accomplished by the end of the day. New projects and tasks were given out almost ever other day and given an expected completion date. The direct supervisors were eager to help and provide information and direction. Other groups within the same department were easy to communicate with and share information.
good
Custodian (Former Employee) –  City of Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2019
love working here!if you can get in the city go for it it will pay off. its work but its more of a relaxed work place and for the most part you work with great people
Many departments to choose from
Clerk Specialist/Development Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2018
By far my best experiences in my career were working with the City of Columbus in various departments and capacities. Working directly with the general public and my fellow public employees shaped my career.
Mismanaged workforce
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  910 Dublin RdSeptember 30, 2018
Workplace moral is very low and cannot keep employees staffed. Work pace is fast and not enough trained employees to complete daily tasks. Great pay and benefits
Pros
City benefits
Cons
lack of training
Working for the City of Columbus has been very rewarding. They have family activities 2 to 3 times per year.
Payroll Benefits Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohioSeptember 14, 2018
Very rewarding to work with City of Columbus. They have free exercise programs and various charitable organizations, they also have excellent tuition reimbursement programs.
CREW LEADER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MsAugust 24, 2018
It was a good place to work. They just need to pay the workers more money for what they do. But the overall status of the City of Columbus is okay. I would recommend the job to others.
apply for full time positions
Park Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Recreation and ParksJuly 27, 2018
part time and full time benefits if you work 32 hours or more. Very political and can in the way of your own work. Training is good when you sign up for classes.
Pros
retirement
Cons
to political
waste water plant operator
Waste Water Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2018
operate pumps, blowers and grinders and maintain your section.
how waste water plants function.
can work with out.
it's a nice place to work.
stress.
working by my self.
Pros
doing a good job
Cons
being able not to violate in your section
very very good paying job I wish I still had it
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 4, 2018
It was a decent place to work internally management got in there and changed everything around everybody got along together everybody worked well together we did to him things together and tell him to management came along and then it was totaled so it was a great paint job but I got sick so I can do it anymore but I sure wish I had it again ki
Fast paced, over all good job
Operator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJune 25, 2018
In the public eye, you work independently yet are closely video monitored. Can be fun but also stressful and fast paced! Columbus is a great City to be a bus driver in. It’s not too big yet not too small.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No lunch breaks for drivers
Government job
Income Tax Auditor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 6, 2018
This job is great for someone that doesn't want to work hard towards advancement. The union set up ensures that people are awarded for staying at the job the longest, not working the hardest
Pros
guaranteed raises
Cons
difficult to advance
Ok place to work for
Aging Programs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2018
Lots of opportunity for CEUs. Can involve yourself with several committees and have access to supervision for LISW license. Suppportive co-workers and positive environment.
Great opportunity
Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2018
The department in which I was for the most part was not too stressful. Of course being the main call center for the City of Columbus comes with it challenges and can be pretty demanding but mgmt. always was very supportive of the team. The city as a whole does care about their employees and work/life balance and I am a testament to that and very appreciative of my time being a City of Columbus employee
Cons
cost of healthcare, not much room to grow within 311