CITY OF CONROE Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work. Excellent retirement and benefits. Work schedule is great too. 3 day weekend every weekend.
Crew Leader / Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Conroe, Tx.March 29, 2018
It's a great place to work if you're looking for job security, excellent benefits, retirement, and work schedule; (Mon-Thurs. 7-5:30). Some of the "mid management" should take some supervisory classes. It's hard to work for someone when they act like like their way is always the best way, then turns around and talks about other employees behind their backs. Other than that, if you can ignore that, it's an awesome place to work if you put in your honest 10 hours a day and do a good job and head on home.
Pros
Retirement, benefits, work schedule, comradary
I worked un wastewater. I do not recommend that job but I would recommend trying the water or fleet department.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 30, 2017
Typical day was process control of wastewater plant or driving CDL vehicle. Hours were good until it rained at anytime. Then your life is on hold. Supervisor implies "family first ", but it's not the case. Even put on nights and was told that I could have one night off every seven weeks. That was it for me. Great coworkers for the most part. Very good benefits. Pay should be better. I got 65cents more for upgrading to a B license. Good luck if you dare.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Micro-managing supervisor.
hostile
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  City of Conroe, TXSeptember 7, 2017
hostile work environment. extremely competitive and political. management doesn't have their stuff together. 3 harassment cases lost. not enough pay for the stress they put you through.
Very Rewarding
Recreation Leader II (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 14, 2017
Working as a recreation leader for the City of Conroe was a fun experience and very rewarding. It's a great job if you enjoy working with children and being active. The managers of the recreation department do a great job keeping up with their staff and making sure day to day operations of each site run smoothly.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Only part-time
Productive and friendly place to work
Community Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 23, 2017
Typically early morning, and late night day, with plenty of work to stay busy and remain productive. Learning about building codes, community development, code enforcement, and planning was all relative to my major. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and exposure to different departments and the public.
Pros
Location, accessibility, security
Cons
Office space, equipment
Awesome job
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 16, 2017
Awesome place to work, but pay was to low to live off of. I would have stayed but want able to make a living off 12.71 an hour. Always had the parts we need, never argued about what we see in the ground and what should be in the ground. Team effort all the time
Counselor
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 18, 2017
This was after school program where I would work as a part-time I would help the kids with their home work and I would also play different times of activities with them.
Love my job
Customer Service - Front Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 30, 2016
I love my job and the staff in which I work with. They always try to accommodate me when I need time off. Everyone work as a team and we always support each other.
City of Conroe, Texas
Business Analyst/Applications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 23, 2016
The City of Conroe Texas is a highly positive workplace for IT professionals. Management is in tune with today's technology needs and IT is allowed to increase infrastructure as well as utilize the latest software for our systems. All of these factors allow the City of Conroe to provide the best technological services for its employees and provide better technological services to the citizens.
Great City to Work For
Project (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Overall, really enjoyed working for the city. Often worked with you schedule if you needed to take off. Had a fairly relaxed environment as long as you got your work done.
Pros
Good Management/Leadership
The hours are amazing M-Th 7a to 530p
driver (Former Employee) –  StreetsMarch 13, 2015
Be sure to be able to operate a manual truck

I didn't appreciate being lied to

i didn't appreciate my whole job experience
Pros
hours
Cons
no integrity
Out with the good, in with the bad
Fleet Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 4, 2014
New inexperienced management in place, no longer a team work environment as it once was. Do not expect anyone to help you, Everyman for themselves with the new management and inexperienced mechanics. Lies and betrayal between management and employees. Atmosphere seems good at first until drama surfaces. I was asked to do things against my own professional integrity. Glad to have the opportunity to move on with my experience. Consider to be high risk job.
Pros
40hr Mon-Friday, medical, retirement
Cons
Poor management practices
It was ok
laborer (Current Employee) –  Conroe texasMarch 21, 2014
Not a great job, would be amazing if they uped the pay just a hair..
Pros
only work 4 days a week
Cons
on call
job management
Heavy Equipment Operator/Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ConroeJanuary 20, 2014
Proficient in both job management and personnel management.
Crew management and supervision of employees, material and equipment through the completion of the construction of job.
Operate heavy equipment such as backhoes, mini excavators, excavators and dozers.
The good old boy system.
Line Locator/Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 9, 2013
I like the work but not the politics. If your in then everything is great but if your not then its hard to do a good job everyday. I learned a lot about water an sewer maintenance. I learned how to run a lot of large equipment, which I like. Working with the guys was really good to because you have help. I worked by myself towards the end of my stay at the city. I would go back but under different management. Doing others people's job for them was a problem sometimes because my work suffered. Only if the people on top, really new what happens to the people at the bottom, then I still be with the City of Conroe.
Pros
Overtime, on-call
Cons
Raises, micro managing, no more overtime.
Very professional work place,
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 22, 2013
We handle project from scratch to finish from Survey to construction.
Co-workers are very professional and nice to work with. Unfortunately Texas is not for me.
Pros
Very professional.
Cons
Very remote city to live
Fun environment with great management
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 1, 2013
I enjoyed coming in contact with great people working toward a common goal.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Needed more clients
Enjoyable experience working with kids and learning the process of writing and implementing recreation programs.
Parks and Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TexasApril 18, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of meeting with staff to review daily goals, concerns and complements on specific behaviors.Ensureing that Program Guidlines were being met and supervising staff and kids in a fun recreational setting. I learned the process of writing and implementing recreation programs and the importance of fostering a positive enviroment for staff as well as students.
Pros
positive working enviroment, hardworking staff and knowledgeable manegment.
Cons
extra hours dedicated to special events.