City of Corpus Christi, TX Employee Reviews

It was a fun relaxed place to work
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 13, 2018
The department I worked at was pretty laid back, but it was very mismanaged. Not a very productive place to work. They had good luncheons and lots of unnecessary training.
Not a very good place to work
Sr Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 7, 2018
Pay is very low and no chances of advancement unless you know someone. They have ok benefits but would not recommend as a good place to work. They need to offer more competitive pay.
A transtional place
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 5, 2018
The city is a good place to work while you search for a better place. I had the bad experience of working for a foreman who was always afraid someone was out to take his job. So I was shown the most basic things to do my job if I even got that. I had to go to previous people in my position to find out how to do a rather large amount of the duties I was supposed to preform.
Pros
1 hour lunch I guess
Cons
I basically never got the full hour, and often times only got 20 minutes if that.
not productive
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 10, 2018
The managers and other bosses were very ill prepared and didn't provide the best work environment. They liked to play favorites which made work for others less than enjoyable.
Fun environment
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 9, 2018
This was such a fun job and great people to work with! Everyone was nice and professional! No complaints whatsoever on staff or locations. Great benefits offered as well.
Fast Pace workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 8, 2018
and you how to open and close the store do the lotto money orders drop My Money Compare Food for a food court area very friendly person always greeting customers
Good & fun job!
Latchkey Coach (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 5, 2018
I loved the after school program. Helped kids with their homework. Helped them with activities. Had good communication skills with the children & the parents. Great program for the kids.
OK place to work and retire
Waste Water Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78401June 1, 2018
Got along well with co-workers and supervisor. Received job assignments and performed with crew. Completed all task in a timely manner. Expected to take care of all equipment and tools.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Work in all type f climates through the year Pay!
Employees are good people and hard workind people i liked going to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 24, 2018
Fun place to work job was sometimes easy but sometimes was some what hard most other employees were good to work with and the foremans are good ones to work with we we on call every other 5 weeks
Pros
2 t0 1 retirement pmane
Cons
Heathcare wasnt that good
Good place to work for
Park Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2018
Good place to work for and had really good work environment. Had good coworkers, and great management. Had pretty good work benefits. Started as a temp which was good work and a solid of 40 hours a week.
Average municipal job
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  City of Corpus Christi, TXMay 21, 2018
One of the pros is stability, however, there is not room for growth with few places and little training for advancement. The benefits were better, but have been cut from budgets. The job is routine.
City of Corpus Christi Summary
Director of Facilities and Property Management (Former Employee) –  City of Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2018
Great people; it was a fun place to work for; never a boring day; always changing; expect the unexpected; the staff was under trained in many areas including technology.
Pros
Great organization to work for and fun.
Cons
A con was the lack of implementation of new technologies.
fun people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 2, 2018
Answering phone 8 hrs a day. Days went by fast when day was busy. There were days that were slow due to not too many calls coming in. I didn't learn anything new.
Management Aide (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2018
The gas department is a great place to work, there is plenty to do and everyone is willing to help. The management at the gas department ensures you are fully trained.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 3, 2018
This job was a great starter job for when I got out of the Navy. It did not pay as much as I needed it too so I had to move on, it was fun and the people were great.
ok place to work
Gas line technician (Former Employee) –  port aveMarch 23, 2018
Only problem is they try to get you fired if you call in sick. if they do not like someone, they will try to leave you at the same pay rate for years,...
Don't do it!
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiMarch 15, 2018
Awful Management! There always under staffed so you if you request days off you don't even know if you will get them because all of the sudden there is a training and you cant have your days off. If you get approved from one week to the next they change your supervisor and your approved days off are not guaranteed! Don't apply unless your really need the job. Management should asks themselves why there turn over is so high!
clean, safe, organized, people friendly atmosphere
Lab Technician(waste water) (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 1, 2018
secure job. Learn something each day. Ideal career. inside work, driving involved maybe once/month. no overtime. paid classes concerning job(waste water treatment courses).
Pros
inside work in my field. Good benifits.
Cons
not enough pay
Productive place to work for.
Police fleet motor pool attendant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Assist officers when they come in with certain problems such as bad tires, police radio isn't working, light bars and sirens not working, if their unit has damage on the body of the car we down the unit to be sent off to a vendor and we give them a replacement unit. I learned how to splice wires that powers the emergency equipment, change out fuses that power certain equipment, dismount old or bad tires from rims and then mount the new tires on the rims, Ect. Management is very well, always understand situations your are in if you need to call in or take days off and hear out problems you encounter on the job and will do his best to help you.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Some days can get very busy and workers call in
Great hours, it can be fun.
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I had a positive experience while working here. At times I was really excited to show up to work. It was very self-gratifying. It was a very physical job and job sites are outside.
Pros
Vacation leave, sick leave
Cons
Very physical, dirty, exposed to the elements