City of Corpus Christi, TX Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed 911 Call Center
Calltaker/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 17, 2018
MetroCom was a poorly managed 911 call center for police and firefighters. The training program was poorly put together and represented no real thought on how to train people for this very important job.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 13, 2018
My typical day at work involves multiple tasks that require concentration and alertness. By working in this field I have learned how too communicate with customers and satisfy their needs. The workplace culture consist of many obstacles and challenges. The hardest part of the job is trying to adjust to weather conditions in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team effort with co-workers.
ALearning Experience
Junior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I was fortunate to be hired with no experience. I am always willing and eager to learn and I absorb quickly. Therefore this was an exciting challenge I accepted and, I feel, have excelled. My accounting background has played a part in this position but there was so much more to learn. I am appreciative of all I have learned as a Buyer.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Pay
It was a fun relaxed place to work
MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 13, 2018
The department I worked at was pretty laid back, but it was very mismanaged. Not a very productive place to work. They had good luncheons and lots of unnecessary training.
Not a very good place to work
Sr Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 7, 2018
Pay is very low and no chances of advancement unless you know someone. They have ok benefits but would not recommend as a good place to work. They need to offer more competitive pay.
A transtional place
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 5, 2018
The city is a good place to work while you search for a better place. I had the bad experience of working for a foreman who was always afraid someone was out to take his job. So I was shown the most basic things to do my job if I even got that. I had to go to previous people in my position to find out how to do a rather large amount of the duties I was supposed to preform.
Pros
1 hour lunch I guess
Cons
I basically never got the full hour, and often times only got 20 minutes if that.
not productive
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 10, 2018
The managers and other bosses were very ill prepared and didn't provide the best work environment. They liked to play favorites which made work for others less than enjoyable.
Fun environment
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 9, 2018
This was such a fun job and great people to work with! Everyone was nice and professional! No complaints whatsoever on staff or locations. Great benefits offered as well.
Fast Pace workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 8, 2018
and you how to open and close the store do the lotto money orders drop My Money Compare Food for a food court area very friendly person always greeting customers
Good & fun job!
Latchkey Coach (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 5, 2018
I loved the after school program. Helped kids with their homework. Helped them with activities. Had good communication skills with the children & the parents. Great program for the kids.
OK place to work and retire
Waste Water Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78401June 1, 2018
Got along well with co-workers and supervisor. Received job assignments and performed with crew. Completed all task in a timely manner. Expected to take care of all equipment and tools.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Work in all type f climates through the year Pay!
Employees are good people and hard workind people i liked going to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 24, 2018
Fun place to work job was sometimes easy but sometimes was some what hard most other employees were good to work with and the foremans are good ones to work with we we on call every other 5 weeks
Pros
2 t0 1 retirement pmane
Cons
Heathcare wasnt that good
Good place to work for
Park Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2018
Good place to work for and had really good work environment. Had good coworkers, and great management. Had pretty good work benefits. Started as a temp which was good work and a solid of 40 hours a week.
Average municipal job
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  City of Corpus Christi, TXMay 21, 2018
One of the pros is stability, however, there is not room for growth with few places and little training for advancement. The benefits were better, but have been cut from budgets. The job is routine.
City of Corpus Christi Summary
Director of Facilities and Property Management (Former Employee) –  City of Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2018
Great people; it was a fun place to work for; never a boring day; always changing; expect the unexpected; the staff was under trained in many areas including technology.
Pros
Great organization to work for and fun.
Cons
A con was the lack of implementation of new technologies.
fun people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 2, 2018
Answering phone 8 hrs a day. Days went by fast when day was busy. There were days that were slow due to not too many calls coming in. I didn't learn anything new.
Management Aide (TEMP) (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 18, 2018
The gas department is a great place to work, there is plenty to do and everyone is willing to help. The management at the gas department ensures you are fully trained.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 3, 2018
This job was a great starter job for when I got out of the Navy. It did not pay as much as I needed it too so I had to move on, it was fun and the people were great.
ok place to work
Gas line technician (Former Employee) –  port aveMarch 23, 2018
Only problem is they try to get you fired if you call in sick. if they do not like someone, they will try to leave you at the same pay rate for years,...
Don't do it!
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiMarch 15, 2018
Awful Management! There always under staffed so you if you request days off you don't even know if you will get them because all of the sudden there is a training and you cant have your days off. If you get approved from one week to the next they change your supervisor and your approved days off are not guaranteed! Don't apply unless your really need the job. Management should asks themselves why there turn over is so high!