City of Dallas
71Above average

City of Dallas Employee Reviews

United States468 reviews
Optimism & equity stressed always
Although the budget will be reduced and employees’ duties transformed, the leaders continue to emphasize a noble purpose of service and unity at all levels.

Additionally, the City of Dallas is committed to the wellness and care of current and furloughed employees.
It's a really great place to work.
I really enjoyed working for the City of Dallas Water Utility and I learned a lot of new ways of doing things in the trade that I was not familiar with before I started there. The other employees who I worked with were all very helpful and hardworking people. I came to greatly appreciate every one who helped me become familiar with the facilities quickly.
The pay is insulting for the work expected.
Great diversity. Most management was approachable. Others (60%), serious power trips. There are the clicks between management and employee.
Pros
Nice, diversity
City of dallas
This company is filled with many helpful people who love to do their job. There enthusiasm is filled with joy you'll love they're company . They have many different opportunities for teens an adults to be apart of.
Process Improvement; Recruiting and Examining
Opportunity to advance in different department. Challenged worker and ready to be a team player. Tackle every task given. Experience in recruiting both civilian and uniform.
Job is not bad unless you have your cdl.The benefits are excellent and you'll secure not only your future but your family to.Mr.C is a really good person and he'll look out for you if you work 3rd shift street and mobility services.The crew are good people to as well.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
None really
N/a
If you love what you do, recreation and community work, this is the job for you. You can have ideas and implement them at work, they are open for staff to have new ideas, plan events, programs...etc
You can advance in the company, they will have promotional opportunities.
dungeon with poor air quality assistant office manager was a know it all pretentious person with breath that could make a train take a dirt road
i was hired to meet a diversity quota. after 4 months was discharged without any specific explanation. Training was lacking at best and was denied certain access to computer apps to effectively perform my job. Only place I've worked where there actually is an I in team.
productive
supplying customers with clean alle ways and streets, daily an we had great benefits, good communication with our supervisors and drivers of the company.
Pros
great lunch breaks
Cons
credit union
good place to work
Some difficulty but overall a good place to work, pay was good, plenty of diversity, miss working with the wonderful people. Good benefits. I had a wonderful staff
Pros
decent pay
Cons
building maintenance
Enjoyable
Many benefits and. a very enjoyable experience working for the city of Dallas. I learned many new things from the job and would suggest it to others to try.
benefits
this place is horrible 6 months probation you cant be sick, out, or have any incidents they will fire you 2 days before your probation without telling you. temps are allowed to use drugs, get high on clock, supervisior pressures you because they want to be home by 5, your reviews always late littie to no training, theyre too short of drivers stay behind put in a truck asap
Horrible
Run away from this place has no structure and hostel and mostly inappropriate language from supervisor HR Tc broadnax and assistant could careless
In my opinion its is a good company to work for in regards to the benefits
My overall experience was pretty good by all means neccessary I would apply for employment at the city of dallas if your looking for longevity the pay is substantially lower than Neighboring suburbs but I can say they do afford you opportunities to move up the ladder with in the organization
Truck driver/ Heavy equipment operation
Sometimes i drive when I'm needed and i also operate heavy equipment, and sometimes when needed i supervise. I work 40hrs a week a lot of overtime if needed an home every night. I work some holidays and off on Wednesday and weekend's.
It's a job!
This place is petty and vindictive. It's not the job but the people that are in so called charge. They are a jealous bunch of people. There is no new type of training unless you are the friend of a friend or a family member. The best part of the day is at 5 pm. Time to go home!
Over all good
It was ok the job was good. It was a good place to work people were very nice and the workers was challenging in a good way.Over all it was a job that I would try again
The work is easy I help empty the trash into the trash truck
The job is good but working through their tempt service you don't get no benefits some guys have been there 5 years and still make the same amount of money as when they first started
A lot of work no pay
WORK WORK WORK for little or nothing. They work you to death. You about 3 people jobs and they want to pay you the minimum. I have nothing else to say!
Smack room area in our office area
I was the employee health nurse for the City of Dallas for 4 1/2 years and I enjoyed my work from 1998 to 2002. I left because of my husband's illness and after he was well enough for me to return to work I became a DISD school nurse because, the City of Dallas eliminated the in house employee health clinic, and now contracts with Care Now Clinic.
Diversity
There is no typical day at work at The City of Dallas. Any new knowledge or skill could be learned each day depending on the crisis. We have had technicians killed on the job, customers killed on the job, etc. Anything could and does happen such as weather events (tornados) or terrorism.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight