City of Dallas
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

City of Dallas Employee Reviews

Current changes have affected morale and quality of work. Pay scale and performance review is all the same. Whether you perform or not. Its only for paperwork purposes.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Upper management does not represent their workers.
Good worker gets alone with co workers.make sure job assignment are done in timely fashion.takes pride I work and does a good job for the Citizens of Dallas
Pros
Weekend holidays time with family
Cons
Favoritetism
You are tasked to do so much work, and to be paid so little. It really sucked the life out of you. Coworkers were nice, but most were either so snobby because they had a masters degree and the other half had no idea what was going on.
Pros
Interactions with all types of people.
Cons
Working in all departments for little pay that supports no one.
Management is completely lousy, no real support and much favoritism. Some employee's come to work under the influence of drugs and management says nothing about it even though they know because some of them do the same thing.
Pros
Benefits, good place to retire
Cons
No true support or encouragement. Favoritism and they hold you back from advancement
Good job to start your career. A lot to learn, good career advancement opportunities. Good benefits, if you learn quick you’ll shine. After 5 years go to private and come back.
Pros
Benefics
Cons
Low pay
Leave a review. Help people like you.
There is a huge waste in Time, money and resources going on constantly. If you have any ideas to help make work more efficient and profitable it falls on deaf ears.Everybody is comfortable and doesn't want to do anything positive to change day to day operations for the better.
They need to start promoting start promoting within the department. They need to allow us to cross train in other departments. We need to start back giving us cost of living raises. Everything in this world has gone up but our pay. Now we are not even getting a raise for 2 years. That mean I have to work an additional 4 years before I am able to retire. That is The good is that i have been therefor a long time and i get a bonus in December. The bad is they don't pay you for what you are worth. They don't promote within. They will pay someone on the outside more than a person that has been there 20 years. .
Enjoyed working there but had health issues and unfortunately had to leave the position. Now that I'm better wish I could go back. They were fair, diverse and honest with all the employees. I enjoyed everything about working there. It was busy most days, which I enjoyed because I prefer to stay busy over being stagnant and not having something to do.
Keep in mind it is a job, you have to do but it's good to know you can get up in the morning, and pretty much like going to work that day, and every day..
Pros
A good job
Cons
Nothing perfect
Customer service fast leaner reasonable dependable willing to grow company. Billiqual I like these job when I work there meet a lot people that needed my help and translate for them give resources they did not know about helping supervisors with patients
Typical municipality civil service work. City job=city wages...Time spent here is only a good resume builder. No room for advancement under your own merit. Must be someone's favorite or hope your next in line for advancement if someone dies or retire.
Pros
Affordable Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
I had no trouble in dallas It was good to me the management was good to me and fair I got the days off I wanted. Loking around the city for 6 calls to make.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Hard to find any on call was a drag
The internship experience was great and gives you opportunities to learn about different sections of human resources for future advancement. There is no promise of a permanent position afterwards.
working alot of hours sundays holidays and early mornings. some were wanting you to hurry and some were telling you to take your time dont make us look bad.
Cons
poor upper mgmt
These people are progressive liberal tyrants. If you ate not far left, they will run you off. Dumb as rocks too. I lasted 4 months. Jumped ship and landed a job that pays twice ss much in private world. Great place to put your head down, collect a check, and search for a real job.
Pros
Lazy bosses equal lazy work
Cons
Dumb bosses
This job help me by being the confident and communicate with people and attending meetings and talking about some idea for the kids . Working at this job gave me a lot opportunities to Have different skills
worked at a library good workplace great staff but your experience will highly depend on who your manager is. Luckily I had a great manager that cared about the people under them so it worked out well. Pension system is wack and sick/vacation time is a-ok
Pros
Chill workplace, free food occassionally
Cons
Can be monotonous
Working with the City of Dallas provides job security with good benefits, but there is a lot of politics involved which creates room for inconsistencies.
Pros
Na
Cons
Working break
They will hire anybody with A 6th grade education that has A relative on City Council, once they get in they promote them to senior manager and the rest is history. Besides the taxpayers input. Then the people that hired on with experience and good work history gets laughed at. What A wonderful job. Loved getting spit in the face for 4 years.
Pros
Cons
managers act like children that missed the ice cream truck
The City of Dallas is an excellent environment for working and has room for advancement in every area. They have an awesome opportunity for learning any new skills.
They do a great job of getting people in the door and inspiring them at work orientation but once you begin your position it’s a whole different story.
  1. Employee Reviews