CITY OF DEERFIELD BEACH Employee Reviews

The City of Deerfield Beach was adequate at best.
Media Production Director (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Note: Having Indeed ask me several questions about an employer I had worked for over 2 years ago, and then providing me with job opportunities that are completely irrelevant to my scope of work, makes me think very little about Indeed at the moment.

I don't have a CDL license nor am I interested in driving a bus .
questionable hiring practices
administrative support (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2019
I was treated well, however, others were not. Those who should have been promoted were not, those that didnt do their jobs were kept on.

Not a positive work environment.
Pros
fun job
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I really enjoy working for the City of Deerfield Beach, It's a very awesome place to work you learn something new everyday. Management is Great!!!!!!!
Not a fun place to work
Deerfield Beach (Former Employee) –  Deerfield BeachAugust 30, 2018
Low morale. Too much pressure, outdated processes, employees not treated fairly, too high expectations, comp time versus paid time, advancement opportunities poor.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
fun and productive place
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 13, 2018
A typical day at work is fun filled, exciting and hot! you will spend your day with roughly about 20 campers that will vary in age group. Depending on the age group also depends on the activities that are included.
Pros
free lunches, field trips
Cons
summer time heat and annoying kids
Fun place to work.
CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLApril 23, 2018
One Of The Best Jobs I’ve Ever Had, My Bosses Were Relatable & Understanding, The Hours Were Great, My Colleagues Were All So Helpful & Most Of All, The Kids We’re Amazing.
ok place
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2018
I am no loner employed here but changes need to be made starting from City Hall. It is a place where you can learn but advancement is limited unless you get to know some.
OK place to work
Utility Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2018
If your looking for competitive pay with excellent benefits keep looking. Although I liked my daily routine and my immediate bosses and co-workers, I could have spent my years more wisely at another city that has better pay and benefits.The city did a pay study which came back about a week before I resigned. It showed that the city was underpaying my position by over 30% in comparison to other cities around Deerfield. Wow! That sure made me feel like I was doing the right thing by moving to Tennessee but it also made me feel like I wasted 20 years at the wrong place of employment. I did enjoy working with my supervisor. He taught me a lot about the job. The guys in my department were also great. They made it fun to come to work.
Pros
Great supervisor and co-workers
Cons
Lack of competitive pay and diminishing benefits.
Difficult work environment in Human Resources
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 9, 2017
Political considerations played a major role in the Human Resources department and made successful completion of assigned objectives virtually impossible to complete successfully. Human Resources Director is very difficult to work with.
Pros
Great employee base
Cons
Difficult management in Human Resources.
City Of Deerfield
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  City of Deerfield Beach, FLApril 28, 2017
Very pleasant atmosphere! Nothing bad to say. From the first day I started I have been greeted by employees. Every one is loving and its really a home just like their slogan welcome to the Tribe.
Great Job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 18, 2017
I loved my job. I enjoyed going to work everyday for many years. Happy with all my supervisors and co-workers. Everyday at the City was a great day. I regret retiring from the City of Deerfield Beach
Great City
Business Manager/Controller (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 27, 2016
City of Deerfield Beach is a nice size city to work for and has a does a lot of wonderful programs for their residents and employees,
Great Job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 19, 2015
I loved working for the City of Deerfield Beach. Enjoyed getting up going to work in the morning, as well as working with others who like to know that our job helped others.
benefits
Good, study, secure employment
Driver, Collector (front / rear) (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my length of time as a City of Deerfield Beach employee. The most important part was the relationship I had with management and the co-workers I worked with.
Pros
Benefits and peole
Cons
Mechanical problems with Trucks and machinery
outsourcing
Utility Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 3, 2015
This company is in the process of outsourcing the jobs. if has left everyone feeling insecure about their job, no loyalty. the hardest part of my job is that if follow protocol and the management does not adhere to it's own rules.
Varied work place, fostered advanced experience
Parks and Recreation Manager II Athletics (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 26, 2015
The City of Deerfield Beach fostered growth and experience in multiple fields. Tasks very varied with a strong support staff.
Activties
Summer Camp Counselors (Former Employee) –  Deerfield BeachJune 23, 2015
I would supervise and participate with the children in the summer camp activities and field trips. The Deerfield Beach summer camp pays very well and is a great temporary job for those who are in college and who want to gain experience.
Pros
Fun activities and playing with the kids.
Cons
Short breaks.
not recommended under present manager
N/A (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 28, 2015
VERY political, and if the City Manager does not like you, you're as good as gone. No trust amoung leaders and between departments.
Fun work place while getting a tan
Life Guard/Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 24, 2014
Walking in to work makes you feel happy, since most of the time you are greeted by the sun. When you are not greeted by the sun you are greeted by joyful co-workers. Everybody that I work with is like family. Watching the water is very peaceful and relaxing, while looking out for the safety of our patrons. Sometimes we have swim lessons scheduled and it can be very challenging at times, since every student learns and is on a different level. Also we teach special needs children how to swim. Other times on the job I am a swim coach for ages four to eighteen. When our water aerobics instructor is out of town I teach the class and run the front desk. I answer incoming calls with phone etiquette. I also register patrons for programs.
City of Deerfield Beach is horrible