City Of Eden Prairie Employee Reviews

relaxed workplace most of the time, not a lot to do
HEAD LIFEGUARD/LIFEGUARD/WATER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 8, 2019
if you want 40 hours, you'll be giving up your whole day 7 days a week because of how spaced out hours are. job can get boring depending on your role, there is a lot of sitting around waiting for something to happen. pay doesn't reflect the difficulty of getting all certifications required to work there and annual raises don't always happen.
Pros
fairly frequent breaks, bosses are nice
Cons
short breaks, hours vary wildly
City of Eden Prairie Liquor, Retail
Liquor Store Full-Time Lead (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 28, 2018
Even though it is city owned, working at Eden Prairie Liquor is still just your normal retail style job. Good for part-time, but not my cup of tea for full-time.
Good place to work overall
Eden Prairie (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 28, 2017
Good place to work.
Collaboration efforts good throughout organization.
Offers many good benefits for employees and their families, including some non traditional.
Productive work day / Enjoyable
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 19, 2017
Typical work day would be to make sure all inventory counts were correct. Also in the day I would work with vendors ordering products and deal with the billing and shipping for both the City and the vendors. Learned that the cycles were continuous which kept me busy and working hard.
The work place culture was very diverse both employees and customers on a day to day basis.
Hardest part of the Job would be the end of the year audit making sure we stayed in the top 3 store in the state of Minnesota.
Most enjoyable would be the group employees I worked with were always helpful and willing to work as a team.
Pros
Helpful Managment
Cons
Specific Benefits
fun place to work
Seasonal Parks Worker (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 29, 2016
Fun environment and variety of duties, working with good people, enjoyed the outdoors and it was a good honest days work and worked on a trustworthy basis.
Pros
outdoors on nice days indoors on bad weather days
Cons
it was a seasonal job
Fine
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 29, 2016
Work conditions were not favorable. Too hot and too poorly ventilated. Pay was not very good either. Good starting lifeguard position.
Friendly work environment
Environmental Intern (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 15, 2014
Every day at work would be different. I would always be learning something new.
Productive and Positive environment
Group and Specialty Fitness Instructor and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 11, 2013
I teach several styles of classes and enjoy a great variety of things.
My clients tend to be more in need a special exercise programming and beginners to fitness. I learned a great deal about group fitness, organization management during change, we have grown from a small facility to a large fitness facility, serving a larger community of people. I have enjoyed the confidence of my supervisor, who encourages me to explore and step out of my comfort zone to grow what I do as an instructor. The hardest part of the job, is the schedule, my day is split in half, I work mornings and nights. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with my co-workers and the people who attend my classes. I have gotten to know them, and I appreciate how much I learn from them daily when I teach.
Great employer
Interim Rec. Coord/Therapeutic Rec. Asst (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 21, 2012
This employer does a great job mentoring employees, supporting and showing appreciation for staff, great compensation, offering great programs and services,