City of Farmington Hills

City of Farmington Hills Employee Reviews

United States11 reviews
I have only done seasonal work for the City, so it would be hard to say what full-time permanent employment looks like. I will say that I've always felt like a member of the team and wholly respected while I pick up new skills. My boss even recommends jobs to me from time to time that are in the City and outside. I've always had a great experience with the Clerk's Office.
There were five if us working the range this past year and the benefits far exceeded the salary. Work permitted outdoor enjoyment and being able to play golf when not working.
As an undergraduate student with a largely psychology-based background, I was severely lacking in industrial knowledge and applied human resources skills. The HR team at the City of Farmington Hills was more than competent at transferring these skills to me. I am very grateful to have begun my career in Human Resources there.
This is a great place to work. If you set your sights on advancement and actively pursue them, you can advance here. The salary is very good for law enforcement and the city provides good benefits such as insurance and a pension.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I learned a lot with working at the City of Farmington Hills. It was challenging however the hours are to low for me. I would like to work 70+ hours and have a challenging job. I enjoy working with contractors and explaing what needs to be done on the job site. I have worked as a QA consultant, QC consultant, and a full time inspector on federal projects.
Pros
Lunches and great atmosphere
Cons
On a day to day basis, the day consisted of cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming floors, sweeping and moping floors and emptying trash. Some weekends would be required to over see community service workers.
started early cooked meals sent them out to 6 different citys.Then prepared meals for Farmington hills Then prepared for lunch at the center.was off work by 1.00 pm
Pros
off early
Cons
no benifits
It's a stress free environment and all the users are friendly. Being a government entity they move a slower pace in terms of upgrading systems. It's all planned and has to be budgeted for.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
No Growth
This job was an internship in the engineering field. I gained a lot of hands on experience that I can take with me. My supervisor gave me a lot of autonomy to make decisions and work independently.
Ice maintenance, time management, and working within specific time frames. Management was direct and authoritative. Co-workers were dedicated and hard working. The hardest part of the job was the late nights and immense amount of work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly atmosphere and co-workers support.
Pros
Kind and pleasant co-workers.
Cons
Too many responsibilities.
My experience working as an intern was vast and incredibly helpful in the Parks and Recreation field. I worked with a software program that helped keep all fields/facilities tracked in terms of who rents or what fields have games/practices. Also did a lot with sponsorships and fundraising. Worked special events and some facility management/operations. Most of my experiences have come with athletic leagues (golf, basketball) and launching a new sport "Ice Soccer"