City Of Farmington Employee Reviews

No clear management
Aquatics Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 9, 2018
Management clearly identified what the role would consist of at the interview but did not abide by the standards when said and done. No safety culture and very poor management.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor Management
It’s a survey I have to fill out
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 17, 2018
Being a life guard you had a few responsibilities one make sure no one drowned make sure they abide by the rules. If you were closing that night you had to do cleaning that was absolutely horrible, due to people being unsanitary
Pros
Free lunch long lunch break
Cons
Hard labor low pay
Poor supervisor
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 27, 2018
I love my job with this small department within the city BUT my direct supervisor is a poor excuse for a supervisor. I swear that she is bi polar and doesn't know it. One day she nice and the next she is screaming and slamming doors.
I got to get off at 3:30 everday to be home eaely with my family.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 21, 2018
Working this job I've learned how to do alot different jobs which is most beneficial on my end but the foreman and management is poor alot of favoritism and foreman don't pull their work load . they let their under workmen do everything .
Great for people who can afford it.
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 6, 2018
Being a crossing guard was fun but I was not able to afford getting paid part time and support my family. If you can afford to get paid about 300 every 2 weeks the this is for you.
Treat Employees poorly, Poor Management, and Poor Communication with workers
Meter Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOApril 17, 2018
Would work in all Weather conditions no matter the type. Management believed tasks would still be preformed at peak no matter the temperature. Manager and Department head have no clue about Meters or Meter Reading and are only in contact with Meter Department to scold. Hardest part of my job was dealing with Management that had no clue about the job at hand and talked down to employees. Also had issues with having a toxic coworker that should have been fired multiple times but never was due to being in a clique with management. Most enjoyable part of my job was talking with customers on my route and getting to know them.
Pros
Good Healthcare
Cons
Poor Work Environment, Management, Toxic Employees
Good first job.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 17, 2018
I learned a lot and got what i needed out of my first job before going leaving to college. You also get free golfing at the 3rd nicest municipal golf course in the country.
high demand but enjoyable
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 9, 2018
Cleaning and upkeep of kennels for animals.
feeding, vacations.
help with adoptions, answer publics questions.
Answer phones, contact outside sources for pet owners.
Intake and enter data.
Pros
set days
Cons
Slow Advancement
Good job for young kids.
Certified Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 7, 2018
Working as a lifeguard is a great first job because you get fair compensation, and as long as you work hard and do your job, the bosses are great. If you are 15 or older, go become a lifeguard!
Pros
15 minutes breaks often, good pay, easy
Cons
Co-workers
Print shop
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 27, 2017
I worked for the City of Farmington Print Shop. I took care of all the page layout and design projects which was a huge variety of things. I worked with individual people and departments to create anything they needed.
Easy going environment
Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOSeptember 19, 2017
no stress, no drama, always able to learn, learned multiple ways of doing maintenance, everyone gets along, city definitely takes care of employees.
Understaffed
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 5, 2017
The person certified to train new lifeguards moved so we were understaffed. I also had several different shift supervisors, some better than others, so a definite judgement on management is impossible.
Pros
2 free entries into the main aquatic center
Great place with great pay
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 11, 2017
The city of Farmington is a great place with a great up beat relaxed workplace. You will be able to find great pay and to have a balanced life. Highly recommended.
animal control
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Farmington, ARApril 12, 2017
got certified as animal control officer of city of farmington and i got to work around a great community in the city. great benefits, yearly bonus and a clothing allowance were a great perk as well as a shoe allowance
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Well run municipality - enjoyed the opportunity
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City of Farmington. I believe that the City Manager and Departments Heads are very talented and dedicated. During times that a lot of cities were bankrupt or cutting hours, the City of Farmington was able to maintain its staff and keep employees at their typical hours and wages. I think that says a lot for their ability to run the city and manage current and pending financial requirements and anticipate for future economic events, which may or may not have been within its control.
I enjoyed my fellow co-workers and I believe that the City of Farmington is very lucky to have such talent and dedication.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, You get recognized and promoted if you work hard and are dedicated
Fantastic culture.....and people!
Airport Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 9, 2016
Fantastic culture and people within the City of Farmington...we enjoyed the small town feel as well as the good quality of life....and great friends!
Pros
City management who cared about their employees
Cons
Limited transportation access to larger population centers
Good Working enviroment
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 26, 2016
Worked temporarily with City of Farmington. As long as you do your job you will be ok. If you work part time no benefits. Company has upper mobility to challenge and change positions.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No benefits
fun
Class A Helper (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 18, 2016
setting poles restoring power when power outages would happen over the city. Getting along with co-workers. Stay positive when others put you down
Growth
Skate School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MNSeptember 30, 2015
A place to grow as you work with wonderful people. The supervisor and coworkers all make sure you are in a good position to teach and help keep track of breaks.
everyday was a challange
laborer (Former Employee) –  farmington, mo.June 26, 2015
i never knew what i would be doing from day to day. they recognized my work ethic and used it to get jobs done. i would work in all the areas of the city if one department was a man short i was the man that could step up and get the jobs done right
Pros
lots of defferant kindcs of work
Cons
i knew i would not be staing there