City of Fayetteville, NC Employee Reviews

Not Bad
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville N.C.April 29, 2018
I could not advance in this company. My focus was finishing my education and they needed me to work full time, in which I understood. Working the was a hard, because it was like walking on thin ice all the time
911 calls
Fire Fighter / Fire Medic (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 27, 2018
Responded to 911 calls from around the city and provided life saving measures and fire protection throughout the city. You trained daily for the worst case incident and it pays off when you use these many learned techniques.
Pros
You get to make difficult decisions that matters
Cons
Sometimes incidents are too far along once arrived on scene
Best Job in the world
Firefighter EMT Hazardous Materials Specailist (Current Employee) –  East Fayetteville, NC 28301November 14, 2017
I love Being a Fireman...can't think of a better job!! The most exciting job on the planet... cannot imagine another job as anything else, then a fireman.
Bad attitudes do not promote enthusiastic employees
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 31, 2017
I really wanted the job and was looking forward to working there but my supervisor was very negative and did not support my desire to continue my education, even though it was related to my position. They only want you to do the minimum required to get by, and do not promote advancement.
Pros
Benefits / Work hours
Cons
bad attitudes / lack of management skills
Nice place overall
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 26, 2017
I miss working there. I enjoyed learning all the different routes. The passengers were very entertaining. The city gave back to the community by having a free fare day for the elderly, handicapped and military.
Pros
Employees seem friendly.
Cons
Schedules don't change often enough.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 15, 2017
I was an intern. I did intern things. worked on a few projects for the city and a personal project. My direct supervisor was awesome and gave me a lot of positive feedback as well as feedback to help me improve.
very easy to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 11, 2017
mloved my job here gave me the ability to start my operating career an let me learn an excel withbit very well. gave me priority rolls to lesrn leadership and how tonrun a job on my own
Time at City of Fayettville
Full-time Parks and Recreation Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 27, 2017
During my time at the City of Fayetteville Parks and Recreation Department I felt very welcome. My leadership was very knowledgeable and respectful. Overall it was a work environment.
Each department is very different
Office Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 25, 2017
The work environment is too competitive and creates conflict, jealousy, and insecurities among the staff. Each department had its own culture; adding to the frustration. Encourages deception and behind the back drama.
wishy-washy
Evidence Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 13, 2016
My supervisor was not very supportive of my work, and attempts to be effective at my job. I really enjoyed the job, until the company kept changing the ability to apprehend shoplifters
Pros
was assigned to a store with a great and energetic staff
Cons
unsupportive as far as making apprehensions
No upward mobility
Operations and Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 10, 2016
The starting pay for very experienced professionals is the minimum of the pay scale. No pay for performance or ability to advance. Appreciation does not exist with the exception of a few departments that get step pay increases, COLA and are praised as Heroes.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No advancement to strive for. No steps.
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Being a personal assistant I would check emails, answer phone calls, organize, file, and print papers. I learned how to work at a fast pace, put my boss's priorities first, because of the job I had, be responsible, organized, and respectful to those around you. The co-workers were nice and helpful when I needed something done. We were all a team. The only challenge was dealing with some of the rude calls I'd get. The whole job was enjoyable, it helped me to grow as a person and prepare for any future jobs.
Worst place to work
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 21, 2016
The management is the worst by far. No support at all. They don't appreciate their employees. Their tactic is to keep everyone separated. Staff goes against one another. Employees are walking around scared to say anything due to them being scrutinized. No job security at all. They write you up for anything. Call out one day you must bring a doctors note and not to mention the look you get when you return. All I can say is don't leave you job for FAST. You will regret it.
Pros
Great drivers
Cons
No lunch bteaks
Great job, With Great Pay and Benefits
911 Call Taker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 20, 2016
This was a really great job, but it just wasn't for me. Before you start they tell you that its not for everyone, but overall i appreciated the chance to even be a 911 calltaker.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
12 Hour Shifts, no breaks, and little home time
A group of unprofessional people. Supervisor personnel needs training on how to deal professionally with drivers.
Transit driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 16, 2016
Transport passengers, give directions, and handle money transactions. Relating any problems to dispatcher and handling difficult passengers.
Cons
Poor communication and working on Saturdays
Easily understand and solve technical problems
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 11, 2016
Enjoy working as a team member as well as independently.

Excellent common sense, judgment, and decision-making abilities. Extensive experience in firefighting.

Remains calm in stressful situations. Self-motivated, hard-working individual.

Strongly committed to team-building and staff development Team leader and team player.

Works efficiently under pressure.
Not a bad place to work if they could replace management
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 9, 2016
The management there is cold towards drivers they care more about the passengers well being instead of the drivers. The management punish drivers for accidents whether at fault or not stating that all accidents are avoidable if you are a professional driver. The equipment is terrible multiple breakdowns or not safely running with no spares. Management doesn't even possess a CDL to drive these vehicles
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
low pay, terrible management with very little knowledge of the proffesional driver duties and enviroment
day was busy constantly moving
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  fayetteville ncNovember 10, 2015
physical aspect of job was great working with the public and meeting people from all walks of life was interesting. Management is not involved and really could care less about ay problems with work related experiences. most work days consisted of 12-13 hours with minimal breaks also you are expected to work on your day off ant request to be off are usually denied. high turn over rate so you are always short drivers. hectic high stress level not for just anyone.
Pros
insurance
Cons
everything else
Enjoyed the Atmosphere
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 31, 2015
I loved this job and interacting with the customers on a daily basis. Just wish the benefits were provided for part time workers as well, but overall i enjoyed working for the city.
Pros
Recreation activities
Cons
no benefits for PT
Non-team, non-cooperative workplace. No set SOPs, accurate job description, and no team spirit
Office Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 17, 2015
Not a fun work place with non-supportive management. No potential for advancement nor personal growth. Compensation is the lowest in the city compared to county.