City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

very stressful
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Stressful, hardest part of job is the work culture, and no regards to your family life. The Water Department has a large turn over rate. Hard to take off for Family emergencies, required to work overtime at any given minute
Pros
overtime
Cons
workplace culture, stress
Selflessness
Eligibility Specialist/Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2018
When you are working in a Social Worker Environment you have to forget about what you are going through and focus on the customer in every way. That’s the Greatest Moment of the day.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Lack of communication
Challenging and Stressful Job
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2018
This job was very stressful because there was a lack of organization. The ratio of kids per counselor was nearly 50 kids per 2 counselors, when it should have been 20 per 2. I often suggested new ideas on better ways to organize the kids and having a daily schedule, but it was often ignored. This disorganization was a danger to the children and the employees and caused me a lot of stress, but I wanted to help and do all that I could to help this organization.
Pros
Challenged me to perform to my best and take initiative
Cons
Lack of organization
Provided opportunities for growth and flexible hours
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2018
City of Fort Worth does provide the opportunities to grow within your career. Where some companies make you stay within your 'silo' of expertise, the City of Fort Worth allows employees to expand their skills and knowledge in other areas. Flexible schedules, comp. time, and sometimes even telecommuting are great benefits they provide as well.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Comp. Time
Cons
Must pay for parking
Interesting Place to work
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
When I started working with the City I enjoyed it; however, as with time things change and so does the people and culture. My last department to work in was the worst I have ever experienced in my career. That completely changed how I view the city and its beliefs.
Benefits
Cons
Poor structure, but okay benefits
Fort Worth (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJune 5, 2018
Most positions are very routine. Most positions are in-house promoted. Typical day is 8-5pm and "chained" to the desk. Although you accumulate leave time it is frowned upon using it at specific times because of "business needs". Overall, tenure is long term for those that can over look rudeness, poor management, and have direct deposit. Not all employees have that mentality but a majority of them do! It's all about who you know and are able to connect with. Keep your head down, mouth shut, and be on time and you can work there forever unless you ruffle too many feathers.
Pros
Free lunch, leave time can accumulate
Cons
Poor management, nobody wants to work but everyone wants to get paid, political.
Wrmc
Public Events Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2018
Good old boy system! No room for advancement! Working 7-10 days straight with no days off, and no overtime!Management is ran by people with no experience, and by people who doesn't have a clue of what they're doing
A Very Stable Work Environment
Lead Security Analyst, Cyber Security Division (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102May 26, 2018
A Very Stable Work Environment.

At the management level, a great deal of freedom is granted which fosters both personal growth and innovation. As a government agency, stringent oversight is also provided from peers and upper management.

Working for this entity can be both fast-paced and more measured based upon the project.
The City of Fort Worth is a good employer.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 24, 2018
For the most part, I enjoyed my experience working for the City of Fort Worth. The employees are typically dedicated, mission-focused professionals who work hard to ensure the City's success.
great place to work
PEA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2018
great place to work learned good team player concepts, management can be stubborn the culture is diverse the hardest part of the job is they are slow to hire needed help. most enjoyable part is we get to meet and talk with people from all over the world.
No issues with the City of Fort Worth. Made a career change
IT Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
Bosses were great! Team members were wonderful. Make a career change to nursing, and left after 10 years. Would work there again if the opportunity arose.
I loved working here as a temp and am interested in going full time
CONTRACT COMPLIANCE TECHNICIAN (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
Great Place to work with a good team atmosphere I worked there as a temporary and am looking to go full time as soon as possible. Everything was provided such as training and detailed instructions to do a successful job.
Pros
stayed busy/training available/good people
Cons
It takes a while to get employment here
Great environment, had a voice
Performance Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthMarch 29, 2018
As a Performance Intern, the experience was excellent. The team was small and very collaborative. They made me feel like I had a voice and that my work was important and valued. It is government based, so the pace of the environment is different than in a corporate setting. Compensation as an intern varies, and as a temp, I wasn't able to accrue benefits such as pto or health care.
Pros
Supportive management, collaborative
Cons
Slow paced
temporary employment
Vegetation Maintenance/ Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2018
I had some good days working as a City of Ft. Worth employee for the 6 months that I was contracted. I would like to try it out again but preferably in a different department.
Working towards positive changes.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2018
Under the new City Manager, there is more transparency, collaboration and smart thinking. However, there are still challenges within and among departments with lack of balanced work load distribution. The employees who care and want to make a difference end up being the backbone and carry an unrealistic workload. If you are one of these employees who truly wants to make a difference then burn out and lack of work life balance can become a problem. Accountability is becoming more of the culture which is helping mitigate this problem.
It was a great place
Sr. Microbiologist/Water (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2018
modest work volume, somehow relaxed, modest job security, too much politics, great work environment, had good benefits, great co-workers. good managements.
Was great for a bit
Abandoned Vehicle Enforcement Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Had hopes of working for an organization that believed in doing what is right, and not what is best for them. As a hard charger looking to make changes within the department, I was constantly reminded that "Mavericks" get fired without question! I should have listened because they were not bluffing.
Pros
Hours, Benefits etc.
Cons
Politics Rule
City of Fort Worth
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Always fair did not allow a lot of disputes, you would get everything resolved quickly. Always busy very little down time. At police department you do not clock out for breaks or meals due to you could get called back in to takes calls. Great benefits and the health fair week was great and then you would have a day to go do some new training that was fun and relaxing.
Pros
could change hours every six months
Cons
would rather not say
Inconsistent
Librarian (Former Employee) –  City of Fort WorthFebruary 17, 2018
If you’re looking for a job that offers some consistency and a balanced work/family life, this isn’t the place for you. There is a high turnover in 75% of departments and it’s mostly due to poor management and overworking good employees who get burnt out.
Pros
Better pay than other library jobs in the area. Health insurance benefits.
Cons
Can be a toxic work culture and you’re a transient employee.
workplace culture
Admin Tech (Temp) (Former Employee) –  North side of Fort WorthJanuary 17, 2018
No day was the same. Work was based on activities happening that day. Work was divided evenly. Employees would work together to make sure that everything was completed.
Pros
Management did work with you.
Cons
Staff was unfriendly at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort Worth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

City of Fort Worth Reviews by Location