City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great place to work
PEA (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2018
great place to work learned good team player concepts, management can be stubborn the culture is diverse the hardest part of the job is they are slow to hire needed help. most enjoyable part is we get to meet and talk with people from all over the world.
No issues with the City of Fort Worth. Made a career change
IT Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
Bosses were great! Team members were wonderful. Make a career change to nursing, and left after 10 years. Would work there again if the opportunity arose.
I loved working here as a temp and am interested in going full time
CONTRACT COMPLIANCE TECHNICIAN (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 29, 2018
Great Place to work with a good team atmosphere I worked there as a temporary and am looking to go full time as soon as possible. Everything was provided such as training and detailed instructions to do a successful job.
Pros
stayed busy/training available/good people
Cons
It takes a while to get employment here
Great environment, had a voice
Performance Internship (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthMarch 29, 2018
As a Performance Intern, the experience was excellent. The team was small and very collaborative. They made me feel like I had a voice and that my work was important and valued. It is government based, so the pace of the environment is different than in a corporate setting. Compensation as an intern varies, and as a temp, I wasn't able to accrue benefits such as pto or health care.
Pros
Supportive management, collaborative
Cons
Slow paced
temporary employment
Vegetation Maintenance/ Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2018
I had some good days working as a City of Ft. Worth employee for the 6 months that I was contracted. I would like to try it out again but preferably in a different department.
Working towards positive changes.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 16, 2018
Under the new City Manager, there is more transparency, collaboration and smart thinking. However, there are still challenges within and among departments with lack of balanced work load distribution. The employees who care and want to make a difference end up being the backbone and carry an unrealistic workload. If you are one of these employees who truly wants to make a difference then burn out and lack of work life balance can become a problem. Accountability is becoming more of the culture which is helping mitigate this problem.
It was a great place
Sr. Microbiologist/Water (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 7, 2018
modest work volume, somehow relaxed, modest job security, too much politics, great work environment, had good benefits, great co-workers. good managements.
Was great for a bit
Abandoned Vehicle Enforcement Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Had hopes of working for an organization that believed in doing what is right, and not what is best for them. As a hard charger looking to make changes within the department, I was constantly reminded that "Mavericks" get fired without question! I should have listened because they were not bluffing.
Pros
Hours, Benefits etc.
Cons
Politics Rule
City of Fort Worth
Senior Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2018
Always fair did not allow a lot of disputes, you would get everything resolved quickly. Always busy very little down time. At police department you do not clock out for breaks or meals due to you could get called back in to takes calls. Great benefits and the health fair week was great and then you would have a day to go do some new training that was fun and relaxing.
Pros
could change hours every six months
Cons
would rather not say
Inconsistent
Librarian (Former Employee) –  City of Fort WorthFebruary 17, 2018
If you’re looking for a job that offers some consistency and a balanced work/family life, this isn’t the place for you. There is a high turnover in 75% of departments and it’s mostly due to poor management and overworking good employees who get burnt out.
Pros
Better pay than other library jobs in the area. Health insurance benefits.
Cons
Can be a toxic work culture and you’re a transient employee.
workplace culture
Admin Tech (Temp) (Former Employee) –  North side of Fort WorthJanuary 17, 2018
No day was the same. Work was based on activities happening that day. Work was divided evenly. Employees would work together to make sure that everything was completed.
Pros
Management did work with you.
Cons
Staff was unfriendly at times.
Gardener (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2018
I love my job. I love most of my co workers. Thats rare for me to say. Good place to work. Im a gardener, i stay busy all year. I think i can spend my career life here with ease because i enjoy it.
Pros
Vacation, pension, benefits
Cons
Slow pay scale advancement
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2017
Downtown Fort Worth is nice and it was a good experience. Good work life balance with lower than average compensation. Offers good benefits and pension. Have some really bad management but good manager as well.
productive
Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2017
Working for the City was a fun experience. I met some many different people in the community. We coordinate events every month to get to know people in the neighborhood.
very slow pace, hours all over the place,
Stagehand, audio engineer, welder/fabricator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 12, 2017
When interviewed I was told that place was a fast pace environment and nothing but a big team and family. well non of these were true once I got started.
Police Data Reporting/City Secretary's Office (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 8, 2017
The City of Fort Worth job in the City Secretary's office for 12 years was very interesting. I worked with the Mayor, City Councilmembers, did and learned a lot about Ordinances, deeds, bonds, licenses.

Working for the Police Dept. was very interesting, it was a Temp position. You had a chance to deal with people of all problems, take the notes and pass to appropriate department.
Pros
sometimes the hours
Cons
free parking and bus passes
Not the worse but definitely not the best
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2017
This culture isn't supportive. Hard to move up. Hard to trust management. No family oriented culture. Hard to get vacation time off and time for a personal life.
Benefits
Cons
Not supportive
Stable
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2017
Its a stable job with slow growth
Things happen slowly
Not very good resource to work with
Accountability is low
gets bored doing the same job every day
Pros
Stable
Cons
Slow Growth
it was a job that i enjoyed
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2017
I really liked working for The City Of Fort Worth. I enjoyed seeing the children come and go. Most of the parents was very friendly.The location was 2 miles from my house
Pros
Discount gym membership
Cons
Dangerious job
high stress
Public Safety Communicator I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 29, 2017
This job was very high stress of answering 911 calls. I learned a lot about using the maps and what peace officers do and don't do and how things are handled, things the media doesn't tell us. the managements was hit or miss, some supervisors were absolutely wonderful and would help out when needed where others left a lot to be desired. Some would talk down to their employees or patronize them or refuse to talk to difficult callers that requested to speak with supervisors. The hardest part of the job was easily the calls you would take, there is only so much that you can detach from. taking suicide calls and calls from people that have discovered their loved ones dead you will never forget. the most enjoyable part of the job was by far the fellow employees (most of them). They are always willing to assist you on getting the correct help for callers and willing to cheer you up after a difficult call. Also, the last minute mandatory overtime was not fun along with working every holiday and weekend and most typically work nights so having any kind of social life to decompress is almost impossible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort Worth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight