City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

Pool Attendant (parks and rec)
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2018
Being a public servant and dealing with people can be a struggle.
I enjoyed my time with my co workers and customers but not immediate management because it was all a dynasty/nepotism.
You don't agree with a manager's decision and suddenly you make enemies with the whole chain of command.
I get that it was a seasonal job and an employee but to outright say my job is not guaranteed for next year is a big red flag.
When I took the job i signed on with the agreement that is was part time 20 hours at max, yet was always scheduled for 35 to 40 and they didn't even pay me for all hours worked.
They told me it was ok to go find another job if i wasn't happy. I did and was basically fired because my new job offered more and they said if I wasn't loyal I did not belong there.

I would rather have signed up for another department
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
Management, hours, pay (and lack thereof)
Better be a favorite
Water Systems Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Holly Water Treatment PlantSeptember 27, 2018
Bosses play favorites, show that you have more knowledge towards something and they ignore you. Then they repeat everything you say word for word like they knew it. I wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone. At least not a water systems mechanic 1 position to anyone. Not much room for advancement, raises aren't likely.
Currently moral is awful
Police Officer/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The city of Fort Worth Police Department is currently experiencing the worst Chief of Police in history. The culture is one of political motivation and not one of supporting the employees. Rules are irrelevant as is following the laws on the books to uphold policy.
Daily patrol
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I was a police patrol officer with they typical patrol duties. The most enjoyable part was being solo, pretty much my own boss. The worst part was the scrutiny and political pressure.
Pros
Solo
Cons
No set hours for breaks or lunch
Good old boy network
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthSeptember 9, 2018
Title says it all. If your male, an a mason your in. Common sense doesn't even play a part to decisions of most effective ways to get the jobs done. If you expect management support don't!
Benefits
Cons
Management work conditions
As a police officer I love my job
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  City of Fort WorthSeptember 6, 2018
Great guys I worked with and good pay. Too many in chain of command (too many chiefs and not enough Indians). We all pulled together and we looked out for each other. It felt good knowing the citizens of Fort Worth were behind us and supported the police department.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Dangerous
Okay Work Environment
Senior Center Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Great relationships with community. The city has several resources that the city of Fort Worth community will find very helpful for their needs. The City provides activities that are geared for the family.
very friendly people to work for, I had no problem with salary amount for position.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  code compliance,TPWAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for the City of Fort Worth, sometimes challenging. I enjoyed the staff I worked with a group of friendly people all around, I truly like greeting the public and assisting them, job security, You can advance within the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is solving a complaint from a customer and having them leave pleased with the outcome.
Pros
place for advancement, getting on the job training that can help give you more experience that can help you in other areas, exercise programs, group walks, free health screenings, reward programs
Cons
could be handling multi task jobs and working with various type of people
productive an fun place to work
Field Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2018
I enjoy being a city employee cause they have so much to offer an there’s several department in which you can move to. i’ve had a blast this far am i do not plan on leaving anytime soon
Pros
awesome place to work
Cons
when we lose co-workers
Productive Work Place
COMMUNITY CENTER AIDE (Current Employee) –  Community CenterAugust 27, 2018
City if fortworth is a very City friendly place to work. City of Fort Worth has a lot of jobs to offer throughout the city which are great jobs and good opportunities to grow.
Pros
Free Lunches
Benefits
lack of flexibility with growing family
Public Safety Communicator II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2018
most management / supervisors do not know what they are doing and have 0 leadership skills . they are unwilling to give a shift to someone who needs an allowance or flexibility on hours
Very flexible with family life
FAIR HOUSING INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
Working for the CFW gave me the opportunity to work from home, on occasion. With what appeared to be yearly budget cuts, our work load increased while our pay did not. I stayed with the City for so long because I loved my team and what I did. Although I took work home because of the large amount of work we had on top of other responsibilities, I did enjoy my time with the City.
very stressful
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Stressful, hardest part of job is the work culture, and no regards to your family life. The Water Department has a large turn over rate. Hard to take off for Family emergencies, required to work overtime at any given minute
Pros
overtime
Cons
workplace culture, stress
Selflessness
Eligibility Specialist/Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 19, 2018
When you are working in a Social Worker Environment you have to forget about what you are going through and focus on the customer in every way. That’s the Greatest Moment of the day.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Lack of communication
Challenging and Stressful Job
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2018
This job was very stressful because there was a lack of organization. The ratio of kids per counselor was nearly 50 kids per 2 counselors, when it should have been 20 per 2. I often suggested new ideas on better ways to organize the kids and having a daily schedule, but it was often ignored. This disorganization was a danger to the children and the employees and caused me a lot of stress, but I wanted to help and do all that I could to help this organization.
Pros
Challenged me to perform to my best and take initiative
Cons
Lack of organization
Provided opportunities for growth and flexible hours
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2018
City of Fort Worth does provide the opportunities to grow within your career. Where some companies make you stay within your 'silo' of expertise, the City of Fort Worth allows employees to expand their skills and knowledge in other areas. Flexible schedules, comp. time, and sometimes even telecommuting are great benefits they provide as well.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Comp. Time
Cons
Must pay for parking
Interesting Place to work
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
When I started working with the City I enjoyed it; however, as with time things change and so does the people and culture. My last department to work in was the worst I have ever experienced in my career. That completely changed how I view the city and its beliefs.
Cons
Poor structure, but okay benefits
Fort Worth (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthJune 5, 2018
Most positions are very routine. Most positions are in-house promoted. Typical day is 8-5pm and "chained" to the desk. Although you accumulate leave time it is frowned upon using it at specific times because of "business needs". Overall, tenure is long term for those that can over look rudeness, poor management, and have direct deposit. Not all employees have that mentality but a majority of them do! It's all about who you know and are able to connect with. Keep your head down, mouth shut, and be on time and you can work there forever unless you ruffle too many feathers.
Pros
Free lunch, leave time can accumulate
Cons
Poor management, nobody wants to work but everyone wants to get paid, political.
Wrmc
Public Events Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2018
Good old boy system! No room for advancement! Working 7-10 days straight with no days off, and no overtime!Management is ran by people with no experience, and by people who doesn't have a clue of what they're doing
A Very Stable Work Environment
Lead Security Analyst, Cyber Security Division (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76102May 26, 2018
A Very Stable Work Environment.

At the management level, a great deal of freedom is granted which fosters both personal growth and innovation. As a government agency, stringent oversight is also provided from peers and upper management.

Working for this entity can be both fast-paced and more measured based upon the project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort Worth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight