City of Fort Worth Employee Reviews

Very disappointed
Property and Evidence specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2018
The Supervisor is horrible. Hug turnover rate with employees, and the insurance is too high. Please do your on research before you apply. Don't work at the Police Evidence department.
Pros
Learn something new.
Cons
Not a good environment.
Years back I loved my job😍 Now it’s a struggle
Customer Service Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2018
Department managers are totally bias. You must fit in their circle to be acknowledged when opportunities are present. Raises are based upon how well liked you are. Job advancement is given to certain races of people. If you ever disagree with management your career is over.
Terrable work place
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  5000 MLKNovember 27, 2018
The city of Fort Worth has a big issue in the streets department high turn over . The people coming in make moor money than the person that has been on the job . There is a good old boy buddy system at work .when applying for a new position you will get pick over even if you are qualified with a education. Management has poor leadership and no accountability. IT is sad that so many people with good talent and leadership come to a job and never given a opportunity to help the city.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Relaxed Part Time Work
Golf Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 23, 2018
Not much to say. It was a relaxed part time job I had in college. Pay was decent enough and culture was very relaxed. Learned a little golf and was never very stressed. The people were all very nice.
Pros
Relaxed, fun, nice people
Cons
No room for improvement, not really a career
Management lacks some core compentencuies
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 14, 2018
- Totalitarian work environment
- Not for those who want to develop
- Trending towards emphasis to not code in house applications
- Lack of support for all by management
Pros
40 hour weeks
Cons
Trending away from development
Work place
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 28, 2018
Investigate complaints from citizen. Understanding the minimum building standards. Management is selective when it's time for a promotion (already picked their candidate before posting job openings). Fun to communicate with co-workers.
Pool Attendant (parks and rec)
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2018
Being a public servant and dealing with people can be a struggle.
I enjoyed my time with my co workers and customers but not immediate management because it was all a dynasty/nepotism.
You don't agree with a manager's decision and suddenly you make enemies with the whole chain of command.
I get that it was a seasonal job and an employee but to outright say my job is not guaranteed for next year is a big red flag.
When I took the job i signed on with the agreement that is was part time 20 hours at max, yet was always scheduled for 35 to 40 and they didn't even pay me for all hours worked.
They told me it was ok to go find another job if i wasn't happy. I did and was basically fired because my new job offered more and they said if I wasn't loyal I did not belong there.

I would rather have signed up for another department
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
Management, hours, pay (and lack thereof)
Better be a favorite
Water Systems Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Holly Water Treatment PlantSeptember 27, 2018
Bosses play favorites, show that you have more knowledge towards something and they ignore you. Then they repeat everything you say word for word like they knew it. I wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone. At least not a water systems mechanic 1 position to anyone. Not much room for advancement, raises aren't likely.
was a good place to work not great.
Identification Technician (Former Employee) –  350 w belknap stSeptember 26, 2018
this was a good place to work However,nothing stays the same. There are to many instances of politics going on. Now there is talk of budget down fall, not a place of the future.
Currently moral is awful
Police Officer/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The city of Fort Worth Police Department is currently experiencing the worst Chief of Police in history. The culture is one of political motivation and not one of supporting the employees. Rules are irrelevant as is following the laws on the books to uphold policy.
Daily patrol
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I was a police patrol officer with they typical patrol duties. The most enjoyable part was being solo, pretty much my own boss. The worst part was the scrutiny and political pressure.
Pros
Solo
Cons
No set hours for breaks or lunch
Good old boy network
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthSeptember 9, 2018
Title says it all. If your male, an a mason your in. Common sense doesn't even play a part to decisions of most effective ways to get the jobs done. If you expect management support don't!
Benefits
Cons
Management work conditions
As a police officer I love my job
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  City of Fort WorthSeptember 6, 2018
Great guys I worked with and good pay. Too many in chain of command (too many chiefs and not enough Indians). We all pulled together and we looked out for each other. It felt good knowing the citizens of Fort Worth were behind us and supported the police department.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Dangerous
Okay Work Environment
Senior Center Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Great relationships with community. The city has several resources that the city of Fort Worth community will find very helpful for their needs. The City provides activities that are geared for the family.
very friendly people to work for, I had no problem with salary amount for position.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  code compliance,TPWAugust 30, 2018
I enjoyed working for the City of Fort Worth, sometimes challenging. I enjoyed the staff I worked with a group of friendly people all around, I truly like greeting the public and assisting them, job security, You can advance within the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is solving a complaint from a customer and having them leave pleased with the outcome.
Pros
place for advancement, getting on the job training that can help give you more experience that can help you in other areas, exercise programs, group walks, free health screenings, reward programs
Cons
could be handling multi task jobs and working with various type of people
productive an fun place to work
Field Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 29, 2018
I enjoy being a city employee cause they have so much to offer an there’s several department in which you can move to. i’ve had a blast this far am i do not plan on leaving anytime soon
Pros
awesome place to work
Cons
when we lose co-workers
Productive Work Place
COMMUNITY CENTER AIDE (Current Employee) –  Community CenterAugust 27, 2018
City if fortworth is a very City friendly place to work. City of Fort Worth has a lot of jobs to offer throughout the city which are great jobs and good opportunities to grow.
Pros
Free Lunches
Benefits
lack of flexibility with growing family
Public Safety Communicator II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 23, 2018
most management / supervisors do not know what they are doing and have 0 leadership skills . they are unwilling to give a shift to someone who needs an allowance or flexibility on hours
Very flexible with family life
FAIR HOUSING INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
Working for the CFW gave me the opportunity to work from home, on occasion. With what appeared to be yearly budget cuts, our work load increased while our pay did not. I stayed with the City for so long because I loved my team and what I did. Although I took work home because of the large amount of work we had on top of other responsibilities, I did enjoy my time with the City.
very stressful
Senior Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2018
Stressful, hardest part of job is the work culture, and no regards to your family life. The Water Department has a large turn over rate. Hard to take off for Family emergencies, required to work overtime at any given minute
Pros
overtime
Cons
workplace culture, stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fort Worth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight