City of Fremont, CA

Working at City of Fremont, CA: 29 Reviews

United States29 reviews

jobworklotcityenjoygoodbenefitcamp

great

this was a good company to work for . My time spent here was rewarding and I also learned a lot and was able to help support many different department and ensure change within them.

Manger

Malheureusement pour manger sa pourrais être bien mieux. Si tu trouves la bouffe bonne à Cuba tu devrais trouver sa bon.

Pros

J’ai aimé les chiffres 14/14

Cons

Manger

City of Fremont, CA insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Best place I’ve ever worked at.

I really enjoyed everything about my job. I loved the actual work I was doing and really appreciated everyone I worked with. My supervisors and coworkers were very supportive as well.

I often do not set goals but am in tune to making calls and emails on the daily basis. I have help from coworkers who support me.

Typical day at work checks emails, makes phone calls to social workers. Tend to co-workers leads. Learn through websites and videos not always how to but knowledge through speaking and visuals. Management assists with tasks such as fax, phone, and technology. Workplace culture includes taking phonically while multitasking, eating during quick breaks and working late with coworkers. Hardest part of the job is to stay relevant with tasks that are efficient and effective for the company. Enjoyable is to be able to communicate with my coworkers to improve the morale.

Pros

Free lunches, complimentary wifi and entertainment. Workplace exercise equipment.

Cons

Healthcare, tips, and spotty cable service.

Great place to grow

I've worked a couple of different positions since I started working for the City of Fremont. The leadership I've had has been my highlight. As someone who was completing their Bachelors program and then having graduated from the program, working here has helped me develop and utilize the skills I was learning about in my courses. So far I have had a couple supervisors and they have gone out of their way to help me as best as they can to not only do a great job but create a solid foundation of skills in multiple areas so I can have greater opportunities.

Fun Job, teaching and playing with kids at camps.

This Job taught me how to think quickly on my feet, especially, when co-workers failed to show up for work on multiple occasions. It also taught me a lot about how you need to work with teammates (co-workers) in order to effectively lead a camp.

Productive work place, Enjoyed working with the kids.

The City of Fremont is a well organized place to work. The culture is fun. The challenge for me was to constantly be moving. The best part of my job is working with kids and being a part of the game of basketball.

Pros

Close proximity to my house. Working with kids.

Cons

Not enough hours, work schedule could change at the last minute

Required Summary for the City of Fremont

My work with the City of Fremont was a commission. Rather than working for the city, I was working with the City of Fremont. Therefore, I would not be able to have an accurate gauge of the typical day of work. But I am pretty sure that the City of Fremont provides a good workplace culture for its employees.

City of Fremont

Honestly, Indeed just delete this post. This was a leadership position more than a job. It was on a volunteer basis. This is a great opportunity to become involved with the City of Fremont.

City of fremont

Good place to start your career. Most employees leave after 5 years. Benefits are good. Adequate time off. Not a lot of training or career develop.

Normal office work environment

Very busy, lots of work. In some departments they are understaffed. With the last layoff they really never returned to full staff causing staff to continue to carry the load.

Pros

Diversity

Cons

Poor Retirement Benefits

Stable with great benefits

Best part of working for this city is the benefits and community surrounding it. Bad part is that depending on your department, you may not be able to move laterally or upwards. My department would not allow me to move laterally to another position or even take on a position below me to advance my career with the city. I left when I did everything I could do to move upward, downward, and laterally. I enjoyed the years I was here, even with education, experience, and a great network of people I had to leave to to move forward with my career. There were some great moments...

Pros

Community is great

Cons

Lack of internal opportunity

good place to work

i worked in the recreational department as a camp aid/activity specialist. it's pretty laid back, easy job. planned activities, set up camp, keep the kids busy. it was pretty fun and my coworkers were cool. it's cool working at camps at ardenwood farm or shinn park. the hardest part of the job was just being patient with the kids. but it's also really rewarding. pretty flexible job, good part time job for students during the summer if you enjoy working with kids.

Pros

can be laid back, flexible

Cons

can be monotonous, you don't really get a break

Great

Its a really great company to work for. People are friendly, work/life balance is good. It is close to home and right in the city and close to lot of places

Good job little pay

Worked for 3 summers and only increased pay because minimum wage went up. Lots of work, some of the children are difficult. There is some opportunity to move up in the sports camps but few spots.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Tiring

fun jobs with kids

if you like kids, these summer camp jobs are fun to have. you get to do different musicals and play with kids. shifts are arranged one week in advance and you may not always get what you like. but the managers were reasonable. good working environment for high school students.

Great Job for developing professional skills

Typical day was fast paced and had to be thoroughly planned before hand. Despite this planning, things would often occur where it was necessary to adapt to changes. Time spent working was beneficial for developing both my professional and social skills.

Pros

Fun activities

I miss it everyday

My most valued work experience in that I learned what it takes to build and support a well developed team. We worked together to provide our guests with safe and well made BBQ items as well as whole sale candies. I feel this was the most efficient team I have even been apart of, we all truly enjoyed being there every weekend. I felt like I mattered in how my supervisors listened when I had ideas on improvements. Our guests knew us all by name and we had a great report. I had to leave because my bills couldn't be paid in the love and happiness I benefited from this place. I honestly miss it everyday.

Pros

Team, Guests, Supervisors, Geese

Cons

That time the AC broke.

Great Job with resources and training

Always had any resource I needed to complete a job at my hand. Adequate training in boilers, beginning stages of BAS/EMS systems Support from manager and tenured technicians was always available. Safety, prompt service, organization was always a priority for management.

Pros

Training, tools, hands-on support, benefits

Productive with Human Relationship for community.

Experienced accounting professional with excellent skills in full cycle accounting functions. Consistently provide potential and existing customers with a positive interactive experience.

Pros

safety environment

Cons

short breaks

great place to work for.

Great place to work for. Co-workers and managers work along your side to help you achieve your goals and job. Day to day acitivity in never boring. Great atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Fremont, CA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits