City of Frisco Employee Reviews

Horribly micromanaged environment that took all the fun out of the job
Firefighter/Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 6, 2018
I accepted a job at the Frisco Fire Department and was horribly disappointed. The first clue I got that it was a poorly managed fire department was when I was told to give my current employer my 2 weeks notice 11 days prior to my first day at work at Frisco.

The Chief mandated that everyone must get a prostate exam annually regardless of your age even when the doctor that is performing it say that the test is pointless if you are under the age of 40.

This was my second department to work for and it was incredibly micromanaged environment with a passive aggressive culture and loosely defined expectations of what they wanted from you. The rookie school was an absolute beat down with the officers keeping us late everyday but not allowing us to log the extra time worked. They would have us do stupid things in “PT” like run 2 miles in bunker gear so everyone had painful blisters for most of the class. Several days we worked out in bunker gear in 90+ degree heat until guys either started passing out or getting injured. By the end of the rookie school half of us were on light duty from injuries sustained during what they called “physical training”. Just a few things you can look forward to if you accept a job here.

There are some good people working at Frisco FD but management has them all feeling like whipped puppies.

The only people that will speak highly of working there are the people that have never worked at other fire departments and do not know how fun the job can be. At least 50% of the employees hate the job and would leave if they could. There is a reason
  more... they are having trouble recruiting people to take the test because they have a horrible reputation in the fire service.

They fight hardly any fire and absolutely lose their minds when they see something as simple as a fence fire because of how rarely they get a chance to prove themselves.

I am currently working at another department and loving it! The best thing I got out of Frisco FD is it made me realize how much I love my current job.
Pros
Excellent pay, overtime opportunities
Cons
Micromanaged, depressing culture, no fun to work for, constant mandatory overtime.
Best place to work!
Permit Coordinator/Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The best job I've ever had! I absolutely loved it there! The employees are all like family once you get to know them but they treat you with open arms the day you start. Very friendly atmosphere. I actually met my husband there!
Pros
Always had department cookouts, $$ incentives for completion of health assessments, discounts & sometimes free meals with upcoming restaurants.
Cons
Micromanagers and CRAZY librarians.
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I worked at the library for nearly 3 years in the circulation department, and I was EXTREMELY over worked. The manager loves to follow you around to make sure you are doing you are what you are supposed to, but does not follow the people who do not lift a finger. Many of the librarians look down on you and do not value your opinions/ideas as a circulation member because you "are not as smart as them with a Master's degree." Though the pay is fairly decent for a college student, it is definitely not worth the stress it brought to my life. Not to mention, they are very flexible with schedules...yet they only seem to allow their "favorites" to choose their work days. This was AWFUL because at the time I was in college and they knew this...they did not care.
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
Everything else you could think of
great benefits , low pay
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 18, 2018
Fun place to work, great benefits, but low pay. Work in extreme temperatures so don't apply if afraid of working in the elements. Work around really nice people but sometimes have to deal with upset or rude people.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
Govt work
Application Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 10, 2018
Overall working for the city is ok, but management will work you to death. Lots of micromanagement, also one day they said do a task one way, then the next day you are told to do it a different way.
City management
Auditor-clerk (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 3, 2018
Great city job people were friendly and supportive, building was great clean always something to do department worked great together clear understanding of work place policy
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Strick hiring policy
Fast pace!
Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXApril 29, 2018
Growing city with tons of opportunity in any department. Pay is excellent and hard to beat. Nice equipment and well maintained city and fun environment to work in.
Underpaid and overworked
Parks Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 3, 2017
If you are young and don't mind a daily beating for low pay, this is the job for you. A textbook case of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Great city benefits is a bit of a misnomer. I've had much better with other employers.
Pros
you get a nice suntan
Cons
Too many to list
Overall great place
Associate Fire Protection Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 23, 2017
The city is under great leadership and is an attractive place to work. I was part of the Frisco Fire Department in the Prevention division. The structure of the division was poorly arranged. I worked for an individual who the department identified as their Senior Fire Protection Engineer who wasn't even a licensed FPE. Not only was she not an FPE, she knew little about Fire Protection, Fire behavior and had an overall subpar skillset. She was more concerned about gossip than her job. Overall, the FD had strong leadership, but she had no place in the fire service. I did not leave bc of her, but no sure how much longer I could have lasted under her guidance. My interaction with the other city departments was positive and I felt valued as a city employee. I would recommend this city for employment to anyone.
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TexasNovember 10, 2016
Great work environment and customer service was a priority. Worked with many wonderful co-workers. Enjoyed assisting each other and working with the Community Development program and Social Service Board.
Pros
hours were great
Cons
No snow days
Na
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 13, 2016
Not worth your time. They are to political and you never know what you are going to do all day. They don't want to teach you how to do the stuff they would rather do it themselves. Not worth the time.
Excellent working environment and co-workers
Information Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TexasJune 4, 2015
A great place to work with many intangible benefits. I am only leaving due to family reasons otherwise I would stay and it is a very difficult decision to make.
Pros
Friendly environment, good benefits, true retirement
Cons
Pay is a little lower than private sector but that is expected.
Relaxed environment and great people.
Fleet Technician (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 11, 2015
Management is great along with co-workers. Stress free work environment. Able to get work done without being questioned.
Pros
Excellent Schedule
Cons
No chance for advancement.
Excellent place to work
Internship, Grant Writing & Community Development (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 2, 2015
The City of Frisco, Texas is innovative, competitive, and an excellent place to work. The City has a great work culture and the ability to advance within its ranks.
Fun place to work with lots of interaction with others and challenging tasks to complete
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TexasDecember 15, 2014
A typical day was awesome. Everyday I was placed with a new task that would challenge me both physically and intellectually which was a huge plus for me. Management was great, opportunity was presented daily and I was encouraged to take advantage of that. They provided me with lots of training which turned out to be very useful in every aspect of the job.
Pros
The people, Healthcare, opportunity
Good
Animal Control Officer (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 4, 2014
Good The citizens are great and the upper management is strong and has well organized plan for the city.
Innovative Staff willing to try new things
App development to support city event (Former Employee) –  Frisco, CONovember 20, 2013
They tried a new approach using an android/iphone app to promote an event. Shows insight.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Short staffed
making the customer happy
Tax Collector/Senior Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 24, 2012
busy days, good friends,
the hardest part is the un happy tax payers.
over all i liked my job.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
angry customers