City of Glendale (AZ) Employee Reviews

A general disregard for professionalism in the workplace.
Confidential (Current Employee) –  City HallJuly 20, 2018
A general disregard for professionalism in the workplace. No training. Minimal 2.5% raise annually and NO bonus compensation for showing initiative and pursuing skills and further education to achieve advancement. Extra tasks and workload piled on with position vacancies that last for many months with no additional compensation. Co-workers back stab at any opportunity. No inter-departmental cooperation. Management is mired in dogma and territorialism. They fear exposure of their incompetency with irrational poor unprofessional management. They need several people to take their long overdue retirements and bring in some new fresh blood that actually wants to better serve the people of Glendale and not their own self interests.
Pros
Parking garage
Cons
No chance for advancement
Amazing people to work for!
Police Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 12, 2018
This City cares about it's employees. Great place to work. Everyone was so helpful and will work with you to succeed. Management was the best. Hardest part of the job was long hours.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours (12 hr shifts)
Great Job
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 1, 2018
It was a great place to work overall, answered incoming calls from the public to be pickup for dial a ride. Assigned them to a route dispatch it. was pretty simply.
Pros
Great Benefits and hours
Cons
Office tension between employees
Stable Work
Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 5, 2017
Job security was a plus, but no room for advancement. Management made bad financial decisions that caused employees to lose pay and hours as well a lay offs.
Great place to work short term.
Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 1, 2017
I have been with the City of Glendale for just over 2 years. It is a complete boys club. You have to be in good with certain people to get anywhere. If you disagree with the opinion of a manager then you will be targeted for having an opinion. The professionalism of my department is very questionable.
Pros
Checks don't bounce.
Cons
Managements professionalism is more than questionable.
management no good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 24, 2017
upper management very lazy, no support when needed and blamed placed in all lower positions. Need different structure but will not be allowed to make changes.
Lots To Do Not Quite Enough Time
Library Page (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 27, 2017
Shelving books
Shelf Reading
Morning Book Pick Up
Occasional Other Assignments
Peeceful Atmosphere
Hardest Part trying to fit assignments to short hrs
Pros
Short Days, No Late Fees
Cons
Short Amount Of Hours For Al ot of Work No Holiday Make Up
Great benefits
Assistant (Current Employee) –  City of Glendale AZJune 8, 2017
Great benefits, lots of opportunity. Great people to work with. Enjoyed my years with the city. I would recommend employment at the city of Glendale.
field work
Field Ops (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 29, 2017
I like the in field experience. There is pretty much no direction given from upper management, which means you just do what you think you should and hope for the best.
Government!
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85301April 18, 2017
The City gives you an opportunity to interact with several departments in the organization. Promotes education and advancement. Benefits are excellent.

Want to know more about City of Glendale (AZ)?

Ask a question
Challenging and fun place to work
Tree crew (Current Employee) –  GlendaleJanuary 28, 2017
Great people and friendly environment. I work 530 am until 2pm. The work is physically hard but fun. The management is very fair and open to suggestions about how to better the city.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
At the mercy of the weather
was not fun for me
Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 27, 2017
I am greatful for the opportunity..the most enjoyable part of the job,was to transport my passengers an interact with them..the hardest part of my job,is that most of the people I work with was not professional,
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
fifteen minutes breaks sometime
Great benefits
Sr secretary (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 1, 2017
Working and being able to retire was great. I enjoyed my employment and had a great opportunity for growth . Working with high quality people was very rewarding, given the opportunity to learn and advance to better positions.
Benefits
Cons
High stress
Okay place to work. Great benefits.... limited opportunity for advacement
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 7, 2016
Great benefits. Recent changes have made it difficult to advance in position. One thing that is very positive though is that you are very rarely micromanaged unless you earn it.
N/a
Assigned as a School Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 20, 2016
Nice place to work that provides excellent benefits to their employees. While there have been times where the political and economic environments have not been conducive to police work, the City of Glendale has always done what is best for their employees.
Productive workplace
Billing Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 24, 2016
Answered multi line telephone. Responded to customer billing questions. Learned to listen and hear out all issues. Learned to managed a small team of 4. Worked well with co-workers they wanted a leader which I feel I am. The hardest part about my job was saying no. Most enjoyable part would be the team I worked closely with.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Short lunches
fast pace
CSR (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 6, 2016
fast pace environment, 100 plus inbound calls daily, very unorganized. employee complaints. Worked in water services and tax and license.
not in business any longer
EQUIPMENT MECHANIC SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 23, 2016
it was a great company to work for
they let you work independently

the hours were good

employees were great and so was management
Pros
company
Typical day at work
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of marking down the attendance of children while also engaging them in activities. On a daily basis we would provide a snack and also supervised sports as well as arts and crafts.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Advancement
An excellent experience
Airport Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 3, 2015
My city of Glendale experience was great all the way around. I worked closely with the Director of Aviation coordinating and administering the Glendale airport Operating & Capital budgets, and Airport Master Plan while procuring federal AIP and state matching grants. Identified and prioritized day-to-day airport operational, maintenance and security related tasks/projects in accordance to federal, state, and local regulations, specifically FAR Part 139 and TSA 1542 compliance.
Pros
A little better managed now
Cons
poor arena management agreement