City of Glendale (CA) Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 3, 2018
City of Glendale is a great company- great benefits, great insurance, great mgmt where I am. The only drawback is there is a lack of advancement opportunity and salary is not up to market rate.
Pros
Mgmt very personable and genuinely cares a lot about their people.
Cons
Little room for advancement and salary below market rate.
Team building Workplace
PARKS LABORER (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 5, 2018
Working with the DPW was a fun yet fulfilling time as we all worked together in maintaining the parks and environment in the area. The hardest part of the job was being able to rest from the summer heat, but we were given frequent breaks that helped with the issue.
productive and fun place to work
Glendale (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 27, 2018
working at city of glendale was really a plesure for me. it was nice and productive also competitive work place. if hired as a full time employees the benefits are really good for your entire life.
Like a second family
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 25, 2018
Working for the city of Glendale was my first job and I am so grateful for being given the oppturnity and experiences that come along working for my city. We work very closely with the public and our community, and working as a lifeguard and swim instructor with the city has given me skills that will be useful for other jobs/career in the future.
Pros
Open door policy, always there for eachother when needed
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work/minimal advancement opportunities
Integrated Waste Operator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 30, 2018
Good place to work/minimal advancement opportunities. Decent pay. Supervisor and employees are not always on the same page. Great place to work while attending school.
Pros
Cons
Minimal Advancement opportunities
Fun
Supervisor for Community and Parks (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 8, 2018
Great place to work at and to gain leadership skills, my day consisted of checking in equipment and making sure all personal was taken to the job site in the best possible way
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
People
Great environment
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 21, 2018
City of Glendale provides lots of opportunities for its employees to grow and improve. I personally, love the work environment and the care I have received for all the years I’ve been working there.
Professional Setting
Lead Facility Attendant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 15, 2017
Overall, working at the City of Glendale is a great opportunity to work in a professional setting. Great experience for individuals seeking to work for the greater good of the community.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Not enough job advancement available
good summer job
Student Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 1, 2017
Loved working there the people were very nice loved doing filing and answering phones. Also helping whoever needed help also doing lite typing and getting the files.
Fun Works Place with lots of people
Summer Brush Program (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 24, 2017
Summer job that paid well, it was only for 5 weeks. I was paid $12 an hour and I worked 20-30 hours a week. Was provided food, and had a paid day off
Budget Analyst
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJuly 20, 2017
I highly enjoyed the work. The balance between management and staff was not equally distributed. The company never took time to ask employees how their management is treating them.
College Student Intern
Planning and Zoning Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 13, 2017
Obtain real work experience and guidance in the Planning and Zoning Depts. Benefits in knowledge of real work assignments, proper protocol, assisting the public with basic questions of property rights,
Pros
Great work experience to supplement academics
Cons
Only available while college student
i dont have a review at this time
Laborer / Irrigation-Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 7, 2017
this is a good city to work for but I don't have much details at this time .I am learning a lot and working very hard for a low pay but I m not giving up just yet
Pros
na
Cons
na
family friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 12, 2017
Our group was consisted of eight employees that included a head supervisor, section supervisor and six employees. I had the pleasure to work with a great group of people in a very healthy atmosphere. My supervisor was very knowledgeable and taught us all the specifics of the job. Unfortunately, the department was liquidated due to 2008 economic recession.
community service
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 13, 2017
I worked at the city to gain experience with paper work and to also improve my skills with customer service through the phone. I had fun working there.
Pros
people were super nice
Cons
a lot of moving heavy objects (stacks of paper)
decent
supervisor (Former Employee) –  city of glendaleOctober 19, 2016
it was a decent job .i didnt really like the mangment there and were very rude when it came to helping us with the papaer work in the office . Im glad that I left
great
Tax Technician (Current Employee) –  Glendale, COMarch 31, 2016
great place for employment. The city has a Rugby field and employees can go to the games for free on the weekend. The benefits are awesome. I would recommend working here.
Good place to work and learned many different skills
City Attorney=s Office (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 18, 2015
Interesting and diverse work. Ability to exercise autonomy and make independent decisions. Enjoyed interactions with all levels of the organization.
very busy and exciting work environment
PC/Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 26, 2015
daily ticket assignment, supporting PC and Network related issues for City departments, including Police and Fire departments ..team work, wireless and wired Network configuration and troubleshooting, switches and router config setup and install..
Pros
constant new technology
Cons
too many project magmt
OFFICE SERVICES SPECIALIST II (ADMINISTRATION) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 4, 2015
I worked in numerous departments and was exposed to all types of scenarios in which I mastered and optimized overall operational efficiency