CITY OF GOLDEN Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The Streets department is not a positive environments
Senior utility worker (Former Employee) –  2015 catamount drive golden ColoradoMarch 19, 2018
I had a terrible experience with the streets department of public works and left after 4 months.

Badcommunication from management of daily jobs.

Frat house mentality from the senior workers.

Multiple times I was put in dangerous situations from poor planning.

I would work for any other department for the city of golden But the streets department was a terrible experience and until they fix their issues don't work there
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, off work on time.
Cons
Bad management, poor communication, and a frat house mentality From the senior workers
Fun and relaxed atmosphere with golf privileges
Pro Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJanuary 17, 2018
Fossil Trace Golf Course is a great place to work. As a premier destination course, the work day is busy and time passes quickly. Management does not hover and is supportive. Co-workers are fun and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free golf privileges and deep discounts at the pro shop
Cons
Early morning and late night shifts during the summer season
Great job
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO 80401February 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for the City. It was challenging and had a good employee relationship. The management was efficient and cognitive of safety, productivity, and public concerns. It was a team effort job, and personnel were in constant contact with the public who were the paying employers. I decided to resign when the department I was a member of consolidated with another department. The downsizing involved releasing two employees and I volunteered to terminate my employment because I had better opportunities for self-employment opportunities.
Pros
grat permanent work, great retirement/benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 8, 2015
Traffic can be a nightmare depending on which side of town you live. Lots of construction! Not enough infrastructure to handle the growth.
Pros
Good benefits; excellent health insurance
Cons
Department Heads have changed along with attitudes
Productive, fun and healthy place to work
Day Camp Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 26, 2013
I was the day camp coordinator for the summer camp at the rec center. I would run the camp and help my staff with the children. I planned and talked to the parents.
Pros
Being around kids
Cons
not having a lunch hour
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Golden, CODecember 27, 2012
I loved this job! It was so much fun! I learned lots of morals by working with and being around so many great people and kids!
Important and beneficial raising a family
Athletic Field Supervisor, Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  900 10th St Golden COMarch 21, 2012
This was extremely beneficial, and important that I was able to market over 200 stores, selling roses. I completed marketing, sales, and servicing. This allowed me to stay at home with my three children.
Pros
raising my three children, creating a business, and contributing financially
Cons
health insurance, and retirment
Being a lifeguard at golden is a position with no future however it is great for collage students.
Maintenance, Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Golden, COMarch 9, 2012
I learned everything I needed to know about a work place here. I learned that if you do too much for an organization they will excpect you to continue to do the same things for the same pay.