CITY OF GOLDEN Employee Review

View all CITY OF GOLDEN reviews

Great job
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Golden, CO 80401February 2, 2017
I enjoyed working for the City. It was challenging and had a good employee relationship. The management was efficient and cognitive of safety, productivity, and public concerns. It was a team effort job, and personnel were in constant contact with the public who were the paying employers. I decided to resign when the department I was a member of consolidated with another department. The downsizing involved releasing two employees and I volunteered to terminate my employment because I had better opportunities for self-employment opportunities.
Pros
grat permanent work, great retirement/benefits

Other CITY OF GOLDEN Employee Reviews

In my tenure there I was not given the full potential to exceed.
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 7, 2018
In my tenure there I was not given the full potential to exceed. There were so many opportunities for improvement that I was not able to achieve. I hope a new opportunity exists for future employees.
The Streets department is not a positive environments
Senior utility worker (Former Employee) –  2015 catamount drive golden ColoradoMarch 19, 2018
I had a terrible experience with the streets department of public works and left after 4 months.

Badcommunication from management of daily jobs.

Frat house mentality from the senior workers.

Multiple times I was put in dangerous situations from poor planning.

I would work for any other department for the city of golden But the streets department was a terrible experience and until they fix their issues don't work there
Pros
Good pay, great benefits, off work on time.
Cons
Bad management, poor communication, and a frat house mentality From the senior workers