CITY OF GOOSE CREEK Employee Reviews

The City of Goose Creek is a great place to work!
Administrative Services (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 21, 2018
The City employees are like a family. There are great coworkers who truly care. The work environment is friendly and nice and there are opportunities for advancement when someone retirees. I enjoy working with the public and citizens seem appreciative of what we do. About benefits, single employees get free insurance and the City pays more now for family, child, spouse coverage. They have a good employee wellness program with a new nurse and they just started a new compensation plan. HR is also doing some new programs. They also increased the tuition reimbursement. I would say that the most enjoyable part is working with my supervisor and co-workers. I would recommend the City to others.
Pros
Work environment and benefits
Cons
No retiree healthcare plan
Horrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  City of goose creek, scMarch 1, 2018
Back stabbing and very unfriendly environment. Management prides themselves on being rude and will even say so. Dreaded going to work. They expected you to be friendly when the atmosphere was stressful and very unfriendly.
Pros
Non, if I had to pick one free membership
Cons
Very unfriendly atmosphere, back stabbing management
great leadership
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCApril 10, 2017
My stay at the GCPD was short but I was very impressed with the city's overall leadership. The city was well managed and poised for growth. Working there was very enjoyable.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Pay
five stars
Golf-Course Custodian (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 3, 2016
I really enjoy working here, however it is only part time 10/15 hours a week, I am not micro managed as I do not need to be. the scenery isn't so bad either. My boss is the nicest guy I couldn't ask for better.
Pros
free access to the rec center, and all the free golf you want to play (I donlt play)
Cons
Lack of hours
The job is hard and not for everyone.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 2, 2015
A typical day at work I patrol the city limits of Goose Creek while answering calls I am dispatched to. Due to the nature of the job and the laws changing I continue to learn about laws everyday. I feel the management is not the best and can be better. The co-workers I work with are great and keep the job fun. The hardest part about the job is the rotating shifts and being away form loved ones.
Pros
Free health insurance for single members
Cons
short breaks, rotating shifts, poor managment
Great fun place
Golf Course Laborer (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, S.C.April 28, 2015
Great job, great people, very flexible, and understanding. The hardest part of the day was the very cold and very dark winter mornings.
no comments
Office Assistant/Center Attendent (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 21, 2014
work for this company was ok howevere I have no comments at this time.
ok place to work
Water Distribution Operator II (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMay 30, 2013
Its a day to day operation where some days are going to be hard and others are going to be a breeze. The management can be a little over bearing at times but all in all a good place to work.
Pros
40 hour week guaranteed
Cons
has benefits but they take half of your paycheck to have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF GOOSE CREEK. Our community is ready to answer.

CITY OF GOOSE CREEK Reviews by Location