City of Grand Prairie Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Job requires to much heavy lifting
School cafetiria (Former Employee) –  Jackson middle schoolNovember 25, 2017
Changes in making decisions on part of Management no full time hours having to deliver breakfast to class rooms and going back and picking them up loss of time for cooking and setting up line for serving lunch no two 15 minute breaks
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Early hours
political
Manager of Application Development (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 8, 2017
they were more concerned with you being in your seat than productivity, advancement was political, management was poor, benefits were good. I hard almost all of my employees but culture changed
relaxed environment with a friendly staff.
Pool Manager/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 16, 2017
I enjoy working here as i've worked here since I was 15. It's a good job to have while you are in college since it is flexible. I would recommend this job to anything looking for a good part time job.
Fun place
Parks Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work. Management works well with employees. They helped me out in many different way. Wish I could have stayed. I was hurt during my time there.
Pros
Friendly
Work life balance
Code Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Work life balance is great here! They have a lot of different wellness programs and incentives for employees to live healthier lifestyles. The city is growing but the pay for employees is still low compared to other city governments around the area.
Overly Stressful management
Water System Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2017
Management/supervisors not willing to take time to properly train/advise employees, see employees as expendable commodities and replaceable. If management does take time to assist they make known it is an impediment to production
Pros
Decent Wage(s)
Cons
overly stressful, not conducive to advancement
What you learn
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 31, 2017
A enjoyable place learn new things. Being outside in the weather and learning customer service skill. Learning about solid waste of a landfill and everything that goes into making a landfill great.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
weather
Amazing city with lots of fun people.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 26, 2017
Everyone who works for GP is so happy all the time, and willing to teach. I learned a lot about municipal government and a lot about different editing techniques. Working for GP was so much fun.
review
Water & Sewer Dispatcher - Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 21, 2017
working as a dispatcher in the sewer and water dept was a great experience. you learn a lot about how water and sewer system work for the city. it is a fast paced environment and you have to be attentive to details while taking calls.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work all holidays
Super Fun...
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 25, 2017
Helping the City Of Grand Prairie was always a learning time for me. We worked amazing together to make the City Of Grand Prairie a great place. Management was great loved the job easy, laid back loved it.
Relaxed and friendly work enviroment
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 17, 2017
This is honestly the best job I've had and if it was full time I would have gladly stayed. The compensation that I received for the work I did was more than fair and my coworkers were friendly and always willing to help when asked.
Management was poor
Field Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 4, 2017
Supervisor was somewhat at odds for employees on what daily tasks we were doing
We sometimes did not have the correct tools to do the job when we were on site.
Good place for learning and experience
Environmental Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 30, 2017
The company provides great balance between learning opportunities and working experiences. The manager there was excellent and can wisely allocate jobs which you can learn from or to contribute to the company.
Productive environment!
Public Arts Intern (Former Employee) –  City of Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Loved working here, You evolve as an individual! You are allowed to give your input and often an important role is all projects!
Pros
Self-time management
Cons
Can't think of any!
Great Internship Program
Intern Designer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work was non existent because every day was different. I leaned how to work with various other departments to achieve one goal. The management was great below the director. Workplace culture was great. Hardest part of the job was pleasing the citizens. Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and the digital billboards I got to design.
Great place to work!
Intern, Budget and Research (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 21, 2016
This is a great place to work! Management and staff really do care about employee growth and opportunities. They are really great about retaining and coaching up talent.
Productive City to work in.
Sr. Account Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 26, 2016
It is a good city to work in. They are flexible with the work schedules, and assist in getting more education and training.
fun place
Keep Grand Prairie Beautiful Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 11, 2016
awesome job. i love what i do. no complaints at the moment one year working there.learning alot of new things the people are great
productive work place
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 18, 2016
Overall good place to work. Nice work environment with great benefits. Busy work environment with ability to apply for different positions as they become available.. They provided health fairs to employees. Learned different accounting functions while here over the 25 years I was employed.
Staff team work was great!
City Life Guard, I (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 24, 2016
working at the pool everyone always seemed to have am amazing time. we could all work together and made really good friends while we were there.
Pros
Staff
Cons
too many people during the sumer!!