City of Grand Rapids, MI Employee Reviews

Cool laidback
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2018
Liked working with the city Grand Rapids slow paced and a outside Environment they pay was great and the people I worked with was awesome willing to help
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Dirty smelling houses
good starting position with good hours and pay.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 14, 2018
Overall a good way to earn decent, especially if you don't have a lot of responsibilities you have to worry about. A solid starting gig with good pay and excellent hours.
Would recommend
Engineering Assistant I (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 10, 2017
Would highly recommend working here. Paid time off, free meals and relaxed working environment. My manager here was one of the best I have ever had. .
This has to be one of the best jobs out there.
Certified Firefighter and Medical First Responder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 12, 2016
This was a typical job where the Union was always at odds with management. I personally had no problem with management. I loved my job and did not care for the politics.

Every day on duty was different, every alarm was different, you never knew what to expect. This made the job exciting. Sometimes you had very busy days and other times not so much. The only drawback to the job is the potential for injury and the bodily effects caused by the exposures to hazardous materials.

If i would have known about the Fire Department sooner, I would have joined earlier. Starting my career with the Fire Department at 52 did not allow me enough time to enjoy it.
Pros
Work schedule was outstanding
Cons
Working in all kinds of weather and lack of sleep
Productive, great people to work with
Protective Services Officer, Security (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 7, 2015
Atypical day at work consisted of me starting with some stair checks, then proceeding to assist with the safe room guys having to check the Pay in Lane Station (PILS) machines from the previous night. Then it was pretty much just patrolling until getting a call to assist a customer with a parking issue, because that was the division that I was part of, the Parking Services Division. I would assist parking lot and ramp customers with issues such as ticket issues, money issues for their fees, flat tires, tire changes, pretty much anything the customer needed to make them happy to be able to bring them back to park in our lot or ramp again. My co-workers were all great to work with, all easy going, just like the management, very easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was able to make someone happy everyday by helping them out of an issue.
Pros
Great personel
Cons
Hardly any break

Want to know more about City of Grand Rapids, MI?

Ask a question