City of Greensboro Employee Reviews

Frequent meetings but no real collaboration.
Administrative/Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 30, 2019
The best part of the job was my check and working downtown. Better than being unemployed. No mentoring, no structured training. Blatant favoritism. Boring long meetings.
The City is a great place to work if you get a good Manager.
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 18, 2019
Most enjoyable was the employees. The undesirable was the management and not getting the needed support system.

In all honesty the City of Greensboro was a great place to work it was unsupported and unknowledgeable management.
Benefits
Very Good JOB
Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 9, 2019
This job with field operations served as a good JOB while pursuing other things. Very little area for growth once you are above blue collar work. Big gap between having no education to the next jobs available requiring Bachelors with 3 years of experience. Very Poor Opportunity to advance.
cool
Afterschool Program Counselor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 14, 2019
It's fine for working temporarily, there's not much change or advancement. The parents are insane and the kids are insane as well but its fine besides that
Great Place to work
Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Great place to work , no complaints, team oriented, everyone is willing to assist, managers are always there for you.

Raises are given after 6 months
Athletic environment
Park Attendant / Head Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work as a part time employee. Fun and very good place if you enjoy meeting people. I loved with with youth and adult sports so it was a joy to do my job.
Nice place to work.
Budget & Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 5, 2018
The City of Greensboro organization, as with many public organizations, has gone through a lot of transition. They have attempted to do a good job keeping employees informed.
recreational
clerk and after school teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 31, 2018
A typicial day at City of Greensboro starts at 8:00 am, after having a safety meeting we go to our assign children. I Plan and organize group discussions with school age children. The hardest part of the job is that its not enough time allowed with the kids, because I'm a part-time worker. . the most relaxing part of the work place culture is seeing the children learn and have fun.especially when you can take a break and relax your mind.
Pros
teaching the children how to get along and learn
Cons
the short time spent with the kids
good
Youth Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Cant say much about this place, its ok! Worked there for a couple months, management is great and supports staff. Pay was always on time and schedule was flexible.
Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 30, 2018
The City is a great place to work. Management is very supportive, and honestly the best I have ever had. It is great getting to work on projects that impact my community.
Stable and has job security
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Field opsAugust 3, 2018
The pay is not in line with the work. Promotion is all about who you know. Buddy system is in full effect here. Benefits a re excellent but they need another pay study.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Pay
Great Environment
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 25, 2018
Multiple opportunity management very informative and knowledgeable. Most importantly management knows how to lead the team in my department. Experience internal and external support to all departments for the City OF Greensboro. Education and training is available and encouraged.
Pros
Great working environment & professional relationships
Cons
30 lunches
Cared about their employees
Law Enforcement Officer II/PTO (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2018
The City of Greensboro Police Department was an exceptional place to work. They provided training way above and beyond the standards.

The provided excellent benefits and truly cared about your family life. They had SOP's and and directives to handle work place issues.
Pros
serve the community, meal allowance, work vehicle
Cons
danger, stress
Good old boy culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 15, 2018
I was one of the few employees that actually lived in the City. Most employees drove 20+ miles each day to get to work from somewhere out in the country. No wonder development of a modern, urban city lags far behind Raleigh and Charlotte. The are many wonderful people that work for the City. Their priorities about the best practices for the City of Greensboro often differed with mine.
Great palce to work out of High school
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I started at the bottom of the organization and was able to rise to supervision. The city is a great place to work. the only negative thing I can say is City Workers can tend to lack motivation. Many city workers get in to jobs and get comfortable and start complaining. The city is the best job I ever had. Its not hard work.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Employees fall in to ruts.
good place to work good people to work around
Solid Waste Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 8, 2018
it was a good job learned a lot good place to work job was not hard inclimate weather we had to work in get yard waste and bulk items up in our route. help others with their route if you finish early cookouts and game day was a privillage day off was good for me
benefits
Cons
no lunch eat when you finish job
Great Job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  City of Greensboro, NCJanuary 24, 2018
I love working there. I hate that I had to leave but I most definitely enjoyed it ! Great place to work.: I would recommend anyone to apply and stay at that job
Starter Job
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2018
Shadow supervisors learning the importance on how to properly work with individuals one-on-one. Ensure the success of each client.
Delivering, picking up and distributing mail.
Photocopying, filing, computer work, typing, and answering the telephone.
Not a good place to work
Water Resource Crewman (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 16, 2018
There was no real chance for advancement, many people didn't want to advance but didn't want you to advance either. The culture was to try and discourage you from trying to advance yourself. Very low pay.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard work, very low pay, no chance for advancement even if you had a degree.
Excellent
Specialized Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 17, 2017
The Parks & Rec Department was an amazing place to work. Not only are the people amazing, but supervisors and managers are also amazing. Supervisors take their job seriously and often go out of their way to thank and reward their employees for their hard work.