City of Greenville Employee Reviews

Stressful
Rear Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2018
I could start out organized but get thrown into new duties quickly. The management would start programs but not stand strong behind them. The work place culture was stressful. The hardest part of the job is when an employee is told they are a team leader but have little say in what would help the job be better. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping someone when they have fallen short...to see a fellow employee finish with my help was gratifying.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
stress that could have been handled better
police officer
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 5, 2018
Police officer doing enforment of the laws for the sate of North Carolina. The duties also enclosed teaching at community college, general instructor plus special instructor for self defense.
Great Place
Executive Personnel Group (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 11, 2017
Good environment to work. Learn a lot from others. Willing to work with your schedule. Great opportunity to work and get the experience needed. Most entry-level work but can advance.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Was only Contract
The Workplace was EXCELLENT!!!!
Public Works Maintenance Worker(Summer) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSNovember 28, 2017
I have a wonderful time working for the city. Although the work was tedious, my coworkers and supervisors were superb! We often got done with work early, so we got to congregate and have a little fun after work.
Pros
long lunch breaks, friendly environment
Cons
tedious work
Great community
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Great community and city government. Very good people to work and live with. The public works department was great and I could not have worked with better people.
Great job Great people !
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 11, 2017
It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity
good place,had no problems
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALSeptember 6, 2017
Had good supervisor, enjoyed the people I work around, loved the schedule I work, very good experience learning tobag lunch a d being around kids,seeing smiles on their faces.
Pros
giving out free lunches
Cons
taking out. garabage, and empting ice out coolers
Poor work place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 29, 2017
You need to stay to yourself and try not to fall in any traps that are set from people that have been there longer than you. So of the people you work with are good to work with others are not.
Pros
meet people everyday
Cons
no good restroom break
School bus driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 8, 2017
Your standard school bus driving job, Split shift, pick up kids in morning and afternoon, drive in all weather conditions. Managers were nice and helpful when able
great, caring, simple workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSMay 21, 2017
My team and I worked together to keep the city clean, maintained, and beautiful. I learned how to be a leader and take initiative. The management is great. The hardest part of the job was the heat during the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the beautification of the city because of us.
I enjoyed my work experience.
Water Utility Manager (Former Employee) –  340 Main Street; Greenville, MS 38701January 31, 2017
I began my career in the City Clerk's office as Accounts Payable Clerk, Purchasing Agent and Water Utility Manager with the City of Greenville. I worked effortlessly to perform every task as assigned, I was a team player.
Good work environment
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 9, 2017
I work in good dept. The management is supportive and encourage staff to improve . The company offers programs to improve education and health programs
Pros
free tickets for the baseball and hockey game
Cons
unable to advance quickly
Productive and helping constituents
Secretary to City Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 20, 2016
I enjoyed working for the City Of Greenville in each position that I held. I liked going to City Council meeting, recording the meeting and taking the minutes for the meeting. I loved helping the constituents everyday.
Pros
Health benefits and job stability
Cons
Assistant City Clerk delegating most of the work to others
Excellent place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2016
I enjoy my job very much and hope to gain permanent employment soon. The people I work with are very knowledgeable and more than happy to work with you to make you successful.
not very fun to work there
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 1, 2016
I did not really like working here. Workers are abused. Very little benefits. Wouldn't recommend my enemy to work there.
N/a
Fleet Services Parts Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 26, 2016
N/A....I renounce writing any kind of review based on the environment always being political so it's hard to say anything negative or positive without it reflecting upon myself or the organization.
Summer Camp
Junior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SOctober 19, 2016
It's was a part time job it was fun playing. Games and being able to teach them while not in school. They learn this number not just played.
Productive, hard labor
Street Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 20, 2016
This job is a hard job at times but has great benefits and also helps you to gain experience on heavy equipment. Not all jobs you perform will be the same it varies from concrete work to running hot asphalt. Overall it is a good job and dependable.
Pros
1 hour lunches, friendly environment, free benefits
Na
SYSTEMS ANALYST I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 17, 2016
Good company to work, Local government job, Good for long term employment. Good retirement benefits. Part of Law Enforcement, Recreation and Parks, Fire Rescue and Public Work.
Easy going work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 12, 2016
Working at the City of Greenville was a great experience. I learned to drive dump trucks and other heavy equipment. This was one of my favorite jobs because I had the time to work and be my self at all times. I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Working alone