CITY OF HAINES CITY Employee Reviews

Good work but long day
Pump and motor tech (Current Employee) –  Haines City, FLFebruary 25, 2018
The city of Haines City is a good place to work fast pace long work days and sometimes long nights but they are willing to teach if you're willing to learn it's not a good place to work if you have kids
Pros
Benefits vacation and sick pay
Cons
Rough work environment long hours
Gain a lot of knowledge working there.
Planning and Zoning/Code Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLJuly 6, 2015
Planning and Zone also Code Enforcement with some Hud Inspection. So much knowledge that it consumed me! Great Co-worker to the point that we became a family till this very day. Most difficult part for me, in the beginning was gaining the knowledge to comprehended Code Enforcement. Most enjoyable part of the job we my co-workers and having a company car.
Pros
co worker
Cons
can be stressful
Bad morale
SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Haines CityJune 30, 2015
Too much of a transition, new city manager, no raises for 7+years, they voted to get rid of our retirement, streets division supervisor retiring so not caring.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Quality work place, Fun, Community Oriented
Part-Time Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLApril 29, 2015
Come in, check email, ask co-workers how they are doing, interact with customers, handle money exchanges, plan events, sign customers up for gym memberships. I learned to expand my communication skills a lot. Became more advanced with computer skills, as well as office management. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the community as they come in and enjoy the facility. I loved seeing the kids play in the gym and stay active and healthy. I enjoyed my co-workers as i was able to learn from their experience as well as how they manage themselves in a work environment.
Pros
Community interaction, Active workplace
Cons
Short hours, no benefits
A decent place to work and start a career
Wastewater Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLAugust 12, 2014
I found that there is good opportunities for advancement in the city, but it takes a while. most of the people I encountered and worked with were good people and everyone just wants to get through the day without to much drama. I would work for this employer again.
Pros
advancement opportunities, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
A long wait for promotion, cost of living raises are few and fare between
Great work environment
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLMay 12, 2014
Busy work day
Great co-workers
Get involved in all events held by the City
Pros
All benefits available
Informational Workplace
Receptionist / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Haines City FloridaDecember 18, 2012
A typical day at work for me, is people who have many questions, and I need to provide them with answers. I have learned that you need a place to go to give the public everything they need to get things done. My co-workers are very educated people, and very hard working. The hardest part of my job is I would love to do it full time. The most enjoyable is working with people, and communication.
Pros
great people
Cons
that i cant do it full time