CITY OF HAYWARD Employee Reviews

fun, relaxing and great working with kids
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 8, 2017
I worked with kids the whole time and it was amazing. helping out the kids from our community. It was fun to meet new people and the work was fun and easy.
Job Security
Hayward Executive Airport (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJune 22, 2017
Great City to work for. Great starting place for a career minded individual. Workplace culture is significant given the size of the city. Hardest part of any job here will always be making sure everyone else is doing there job but that usually is anywhere.
Fun work place
Receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 29, 2017
I learned to enter data in to the computer as well as telephone skills I've also had communication with a lot of people whom were calling to file reports
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent employer
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 16, 2017
Married the chemist
Moved to work for city of san mateo
Performed chemist duties
Analysis of water and wastewater
Followed elap certification every year
Pros
Excellent employer
Cons
No complaints
Intern City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 10, 2016
As an intern at the City Clerk's Office I learned a lot. It's a very busy Office but that's what I enjoyed because time went by faster. My duties as an intern was to assist any guest at the front desk, answer and direct phone calls, scan and file documents including contracts & agreements, schedule passport appointments, print the public binder. The hardest part of the job was to create and post presentations or documents received after City Council Meetings. My co-workers were the best and very supportive.
Pros
Great knowledge I learned
Cons
It was a paid internship that came to an end
Supportive Work Environment / Professional Growth Opportunities Offered
Assist. to the City Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 9, 2016
I have had a great experience working for this City. In both past and current roles, I have been able to have a significant impact not only on the organization, but on and with the community we serve. Co -workers are for the most part professional and capable, ethical, and hard working.
Municipal Government
Assistant City Attorney (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 30, 2015
As with any organization, corporate culture changes with change in management at any level. During my most of my tenure in the City Attorney's Office, morale was good. Employees and Managers were encouraged to perform to the best of their abilities, with support and guidance from the Departmental Manager.
Supporting the Community
Administrative/Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 19, 2015
Worked in the Community Services Department that supported the community at large.

My direct position was supporting the Handicap and Elderly to make sure they had available transportation to their appointments. I also worked with Elderly Facilities to make sure that they were covered for their field trips with clientele.

The most challenging part of the job was working with many facilities and seeing that each need was met and that we had accurate coverage.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to support the Handicap and Elderly with what was needed.
Pros
Wonderful Group of People
Cons
Hard workers
Frustrating
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 8, 2015
management can always be improved. great pay and benefits. the city as a whole is great to work for. Limited opportunities for advancement due to such a small agency of 200.
Pros
benefits and co-workers were outstanding
Cons
management