City of Henderson Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, if you’re young.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 26, 2018
This is a fun place for any young teenager to work. It’s a fun summer job and they work with your schedule. I had a lot of fun here and you have a lot of room to grow.
Pros
Friendships, fun, relaxed
Cons
The heat
Great for Young or Retired People
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 15, 2018
Where I worked in the City of Henderson, it was awesome. I loved my job. I had a lot of fun and also learned a lot. I looked forward to every day and had a smile on my face always. I did hit a point though where I could not move up further in my department and other departments needed certifications or degrees that I did not have. Sadly, I had to leave because I wasn't making enough money and couldn't get a second job that would work around the split shift schedule.
Pros
Split Shift for School as an example
Cons
No real benefits, split shift, and lack of staffing
Relaxed place to work with fun people
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 5, 2018
I loved working with the people around me. I develpoed strong friendships and work relationships. I could always count on them to help me make it through a hard day. The management staff was efficient at doing their jobs.
Great
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2018
I loved working there and being apart of the culture and family aspect. You feel right at home the people and company are very nice. Definitely would recommend to a friend.
good place to work
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 20, 2018
the City of Henderson can be a great place to work. four day work weeks are good. competitive salaries and PERS (Public Employee Retirement System) are more reasons employment with the City of Henderson is good.
Pros
four day work weeks
Cons
poor managment
Fun work place
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 2, 2018
Working within the city was great and had a set up retirement fund as a benefit! As a sub recreational assistant, lots of things were very unorganized and sometimes it was hard to understand where you were working.
Pros
Very relaxed, go with the flow type job
Cons
no lunch
Productive and fun workplace
Black Mountain Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 31, 2018
was a very fast paced job, mostly well managed, and for the most part was a great job to ave. Only issues were scheduling issues to fit around a school schedule
Yes some of the times.
Senior Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 24, 2018
My typical day was making it in on time and clocking in. I learnt doing a good job, your management would acknowledge it and use it to empress their superiors but you personally wasn't exactly compensated. Management functioned daily just as long there weren't any mishaps. The workplace was decent but heavily relies on who you know in the organization in order to advance! I believe the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the elderly and a few of my co-workers were nice and had the same aim.
Pros
Yes we ate free in my department.
Cons
Pay is meager and there weren't any movements nor benefits for part-timers!
Solid Starter Job
Senior Recreations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 23, 2017
Enjoyed working at the city of Henderson. Good people that you would enjoy to see going to work and seeing. Great management that actually cares about you.
super boring
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 22, 2017
Really boring. Until you advance, you really don't do anything. All I did everyday was look at memes and do homework. You're expected to clean all of the rooms and that really only takes about 2 hours of an 8 hour work day so unless you're going to clean every room four times then there isn't anything to do.
Pros
Paid to do nothing
Cons
super boring
Fast-pace secure environment with growing pains
Communications Supervisor (COII) (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89015September 23, 2017
My current work environment is fast paced and extremely dynamic in nature. During my tenure with this department, I have learned a great deal about the importance of investing in the people who work for and with you.

The hardest part of this job is dedicating myself on a daily basis to focus solely on the tremendous responsibility we have to the citizens of our community. We are their first and most impactful point of contact in a crisis situation and we set the tone for the field personnel on the scene. If we do not do our jobs properly we put everyone at risk, the citizens in crisis and our emergency services personnel who come to their assistance.

It is easy to get distracted by the politics of public service work. It is also easy to become discouraged by the tedious process of implementing positive change. However, the cost of complacency
in our field is far too costly to allow these obstacles to dissuade us from our purpose.

The most enjoyable part of my job by far is the tremendous opportunity I have to participate in the growth and development of the people I work with on a daily basis. As a first line supervisor, I get the chance to assist many dedicated, hard-working self-sacrificing emergency services professionals reach their goals on a personal one on one level.

I am proud to work with these talented men and women and hope that in some small way I have been able to contribute to their professional growth during my time here with this organization.
Pros
excellent benefit package and salary
Cons
consistent short staffing and lack of effective communication and collaboration
Amazing benefits and great work life
Lifeguard certified (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 28, 2017
They pay very fairly, and offer lots of benefits. I had a great team when i was employed, and always offered lots of different career advancements to employees.
Loved this job
Site Leader Inclusion Services (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 12, 2017
Loved everything about this job. The workers were nice and I loved the work environment. They celebrated everything and made office fun. The manager was very open to all problems and was always there to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. It was a wonderful work environment but it was hard to move up in the city.
Pros
the management and the workers
Cons
pay, city politics
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 8, 2017
First ever job as a teenager back then the kids use to look up to me as a big brother. What was fun about this job going on trips & monitoring the kids
Pros
Free gym passes
Cons
color shirt days
job excelllent
Facility Worker (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 22, 2017
job is very good to their employees. could get more hours if they offer it to their employees, learned how to deal with the public. usually 4-6 hours a day 2 days a week
Pros
great staff
Cons
hours
City of Henderson is a Municipality with approximately 200 employees
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 20, 2017
Typical day involved interaction with employees, vendors, and citizens. Troubleshooting various issues, meetings, typing correspondence and reports. Learned various functions in human resources such as policy development and administration, and budget preparation. Learned about water reclamation and wastewater treatment.
Pros
Health insurance benefits and training
Fun work environment
Senior Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 28, 2017
The City was my first job when I was 16 years old. I gained a lot of useful work experience and had fun in doing so. I enjoyed working with the people I did. It was a great place to work.
Excellent work environment, ideal schedule and compensation.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 24, 2017
Working with city officials directly allowed you to be involved in the daily operations of the Mayor and Councils offices. Great coworkers, comfortable work environment, and ideal schedule of 4, 10 hour shifts Mon. - Thurs. Conducive to family life having weekends free beginning Fridays.
Pros
Working directly with city officials, free catered lunches for all city meetings.
Shark Tank
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 24, 2017
If you would like to move up in this area you have to continue to show patience with mangers that are struggling with there jobs. It is really hard and they work you more than you should be paid.
Great work environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 15, 2017
Enjoyed all that I came in contact with. PWPR is a phenomenal department and fosters great working relationships. The team I worked with interacted with all departments and I learned so much from the desk to the field.