CITY OF HOLLYWOOD, FL

CITY OF HOLLYWOOD, FL Employee Reviews

United States12 reviews
Employee-oriented company with flex hours and a 4-day work week
The City provides a great opportunity for individuals to grow and display their skills for a common cause - that of providing a high standard of living for residents and employees.
Great Company
I like the atmosphere the culture the hours and no more stress like my last job. Great are to work by the beach relaxing, not hard work long jeopardy stability
Great Opportunities
Great place great staff never bored great pay they provide every benefit as a part time same as the full timer
Great management always want you to better yo self
Fun, friendly and community oriented facility
This was a great place to work. Working with kids, being in the water, teaching classes, preventing injury, cleaning, encouraging safety are all tasks that I was assigned and more than content to complete.
i treated very fairly
I enjoy work for the city of Hollywood . I AM trying to relocated to move their and find a good paying job.And work back again for the city of hollywood
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Professional environment with competitive benefits package
My typical day included scheduling meetings; responding to the residents' concerns or complaints via email; typing correspondence, etc. I've learned the importance of team management and the importance of working as a team member. The management style at the City of Hollywood was very hands on. The workplace culture was professional and friendly. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that the residents' concerns were handled in a professional manner because I was the "face" of the Commissioners. I enjoyed problem solving and going the extra mile for the residents, the staff and my co-workers.
Pros
Competitive benefits package and salary
Worst place to work
Unethical behavior and practices. Corruption from the Top, down. City officials are well aware of the things that are going on in and around the city. They turn a blind eye and cover their ears. Stay away from this place
Great people and a great city to work for.
The City of Hollywood it's a great environment to work in, depending on your job title you will always have a task in front of you to accomplish. great people and great management. A positive atmosphere all throughout the city.
productive - very challenging- meet new people every day
Fun place to work...very challenging and meeting new people every day. as well being an ambassador for the city. Helping people with their needs and information
Very professional
To work in wastewater is always a challenging field and the City of Hollywood was making upgrades to some of their equipment and processes. The City does have several unions, but since Florida is a right to work state joining one is not required.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Some transitional difficulties with new processes
Great place to work with great benefits
Hollywood is a fantastic place to work with great benefits. Starting salary is very competitive plus the city offers incentive pay for education. Very fun place to work.
Pros
Co workers, time off
Cons
City is still recovering from financial urgency
Bad Management
Was not happy there. Very poor benefits a lot of mismanagement in the city. My department had very old equipment. Had to do a lot of things that were not part of my job description. My personal experience was that it is not a very vet friendly place.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF HOLLYWOOD, FL. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3