CITY OF HOLLYWOOD Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Property Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 3, 2018
Since I have been working here I have zero complaints. Being a prior a veteran I'm used to be in a fast-paced environment and was not ready to downshift just yet. A mistake on my part. As a property clerk the work is routine and detailed. Requires focus and a meticulous work ethic because you are filing papers, processing items received from law enforcement officers. The atmosphere is mellow and the pace goes from 0-100 real quick but its nice to sometimes as it is a change of pace. Most people here have great attitudes. The hierarchy seems great to me. We have a gym, city events and clean and cool office spaces. For the most part, I think everyone is fair. I'm not in to gossip so it seems drama free to me.
Pros
Clean office spaces, gym, good location, friendly people, work load is easily balanced
Cons
Low salary but who doesn't want more $$
I loved working at the City of Hollywood. Every one there in every department was very friendly and helpful.
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 27, 2017
My position was temporary ... I wish it didn't have to end. Every one in the department I worked in was very helpful in aiding my efficiency. They were all very friendly and was willing to teach me everything there was to know.
enjoyable
Engineering/Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 12, 2017
lots of reviews of roadway design work. learning County laws and rules, great management team to work for. There many ethnicity working at this place that makes everyone at home.
Nice and pleasant place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FL 33024June 29, 2017
I handled community inspections, and sent the inspector to their locations to be inspected.
Did intake calls from City residents and other staff as well.
Pros
The community
Cons
Not a place to work long term or at all
Tree Crew (Former Employee) –  HollywoodSeptember 26, 2016
This city of hollywood is very unorganized. They treat their employees like slaves . Yes the pay is good at times and benefits are too, but as far as upper management they don't have a clue what there doing. The city officials in city hall have no idea how to govern the city and I believe it's a very corrupt place to work for in the culture I recently heard an employee was fired for reporting to the city their was theft in an department and instead of thwaiting city looking into the accusations the person was fired, so in that culture if you do the right thing you will get fired. Be very wise before working for the city of Hollywood.
Pros
Good benefits and pay at times
Cons
So many, the cons out ways the pros
Great Place to work
Microsoft word, CoStar, and Esri community analyst (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 2, 2016
The city of Hollywood is a chill environment, there may be days that are slow. Overall, the people are great and nice to work with.
City of Hollywood
Recreational Aide (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 21, 2016
Typical day involves in interacting with loving kids and other staff members also securing the gymnasium every night Co workers are like family very caring in makes the job very enjoyable
Clerical work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 29, 2015
a typical day would be data entry of invoices, answering calls, sending out emails, customer service, mailing out invoices, Giving customers keys to get in and answering questions to unhappy customers
Pros
Amazing Staff and Opportunities
Working for the City of Hollywood Florida
Parking Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 22, 2015
What an honor to have worked for the City of Hollywood Florida. The training they provided was immeasurable. Safety was always the number one priority.
This is not an ideal job
Parking Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 26, 2015
I find that working for the City of Hollywood in the Parking Operations Department is just another job (Just over broke).

Want to know more about CITY OF HOLLYWOOD?

Ask a question
Fun and Rewarding
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 12, 2015
Most enjoyable part is working with the Kids and watching transform into these loving children no matter what background they come from.
Pros
To be a mentor and role model to the kids
Cons
not enough time in the day
Great experience
Information Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 29, 2014
Great experience.I lesrne how to prgram computers and fix them when they were broken.My co-workers were friendly and helped me get used to and comfortable with the job.
Diverse work place
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 2, 2014
A good place to work, everyone is very friendly and ready to assist.
Fun Volunteer Job
Sports Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 6, 2013
I was a camp counselor at a sports camp. Overall very enjoyable and fun playing outside with kids as well as meeting other counselors your age who become life long friends.
Pros
Playing sports, social connections made
Cons
Volunteer job
Productive Workplace
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 4, 2013
Its a great city to work for. The staff is family oriented. I feel like I am at home when I get to work. Everyone looks out for one another.
Good for passing through
Park Ranger (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 21, 2013
This is an easy day-to-day job and a good steady paycheck, but after almost 5 years, I have learned that we as park rangers lack the authority, resources, and proper training to carry out some of the obligations given to us. Because of this, we have faced much scrutiny from the various departments we count on for assistance. I would recommend a position here for someone to support themselves while going to school before they move on to what they are truly looking for. The management in this position is exceptional and will do the best they can to work with you and help you. One of the hardest things about this job is that there is little time to be with family due to the hours as they are mostly at night and all day of the weekends. The best part of the job is that you are primarily outside and can interact with all types of people on a daily basis. You will definitely develop great friendships with lasting memories and interesting stories to boast.
Part Time Availabilaity
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 6, 2013
No room to grow, part time positions with no benefits and city continues to cut staff and hours
Pros
flexibility to work another job
Cons
not many fulltime opportunies
Great scenery and nice people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Fairly easy, work at your own pace, nice people, and I learned a lot. The part I like the most were helping people whether it was tying their lines, helping the patrons carry things to rheir vessel, helping out-of-towners locate places they were looking for, etc.The hardest part was working after a hurricane has past, trash and depry are everywhere with all the power out. What I liked the most was the easy-going environment.
Pros
never a hard day
Cons
no partial benefits for part-time employees, no overtime
Good Place to Work
Planner (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 19, 2012
Good place to work. Opportunity for advancement and friendly work environment.