City of Hope Employee Reviews

Love Working Here
ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 27, 2018
The culture at City of Hope is Par None. Everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and management goes out of its way for employees. Employees are friendly and willing to help out as well.
Productive and fun workplace with attention to self improvement
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 25, 2018
Many opportunities for growth and advancement while interacting on different project teams and multiple projects. Collaborative environment where team members spent time sharing ideas before jumping in to start work.
Pros
quarterly team building
Great place
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 15, 2018
City of Hope is an institution that cares about its employees and its patients and their families. The hours are great, the managers are great, the environment is great. Salary should be higher.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Pay and raises are not high enough
Difficult Environment
Organizational Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 2, 2018
The management team takes no accountability. It's never their fault if something goes wrong. There is very little support, it is a sink or swim culture. If you currently like your job, keep it or apply at another healthcare organization where they have a better reputation for how they treat their employees.
Great place to work.
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 31, 2018
Rapidly growing it's name by franchising on a local, and regional scale, but the focus is always on the patient. As they say; "There is always hope..."
Toxic work environment
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 26, 2018
Co workers are toxic. This is out at their outpatient infusion centers. Down and dirty co workers that set you up to fail. Management is untrained and unorganized. Not able to train in a consistent manner. Having a subordinate that didn't get the job, train the supervisor who did is not a good situation, set up to fail for sure. The hardest part of my job was being trained properly by a disgruntled co worker, not being allowed to supervise. I have never worked in such a negative, toxic work environment. The Mission Hills site was the most unhappy place to try and work. Stressful like I have never experienced before. If they keep the present employees that they currently have this site will go under and close. They are hard, unpleasant, unhappy employees. They do not reflect the City of Hope mission and value which is a shame. You cannot directly call the office and more than half the time it takes 3 - 4 calls to get to speak to a nurse. I just can't say enough. I am grateful I no longer work there, it is a blessing.
Pros
Can't think of one thing
Cons
Everything you can think of
Experience While Working at City of Hope
Guest Service Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 24, 2018
It is a fast paced environment. Always assisting patients & families while attending COH. I have learned that the employees at City of Hope must have the compassion this is needed when working with our patients. The hardest part of the job is welcoming a patient at COH for the first time and seeing the fear on their face. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping everyone coming through our hospital and making their visit as welcoming as possible.
Pros
Being productive and providing a good patient experience.
Cons
It could be stressful at times.
Not the most pleasant of experiences but it had its teachable moments
Senior HIM Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2018
This was not a great environment to be in because consultants were not properly managed for the most part. Some managers did better than others but as time grew by and the work got more intense, stress levels grew high and courtesy went down.
Pros
Great weather, great staff
Cons
Consulting management lacked leadership
stable work place
Facilities Engineer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  LA, CAMarch 20, 2018
a typical day at was always working helping eachother out as co workers

ive learn that everydays its a learning experice with the people you work with..

mangment was ok
Great Company to work for.
EMR/EPIC Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 19, 2018
The department I was working for was very cooperative in helping each other out.

If you are fortunate enough to work directly with City of Hope, they offer great benefits to its employees.
Great Medical Center, Good place to work, good hours and salary
Clinical Genetics Program Coordinator - temp (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 9, 2018
Fast pace,
frequent turn overs
staff very private,
expectations are high,
Drs. were friendly and helpful.
use of Temporary employees is high but temps are not usually hired on as full time.
Pros
hours, employee discounts, co-workers
Cons
Temp assignment, co-workers, processes and procedures in dept need to be revamp and more time efficient.
Impressive Facility & Reputation Clinically & Technically
Interim HIM Director (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 4, 2018
Department was highly organized . Staffed adequately but required some workflow processes to be reorganized and consolidated where possible. Staffed worked collaboratively.
A great place to work ....
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 1, 2018
The healthcare providers at City of Hope are very friendly, helpful, not just only to our patients but also to co-workers.
It can be a very busy day at City of Hope, sometimes we have a normal day, but rarely.
I have learned a lot at City of Hope since they have Radiologists on-site 24 hours a day. Any question that I may have, they will be able to explain it to me, clearly and easily to understand.
City of Hope is multicultural work place. People come from all over places. The majority of them have something related to cancer : either they are patients, family members, cancer survivals, or pre-cancer screening-patients, most of them are nervous, worry and sad, etc. It makes our jobs more difficult. We have to get the job done and also have to take extremely good care of these patients since they have been through a lots.
The hardest part of this job for me is when I see young children who also are cancer patients. They have to stay in bed, in pain, instead of playing outside as other kids at their age. This breaks my heart.
HIMS Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 24, 2018
People are friendly for the most part at City of Hope. They give compassionate care to the population they serve. It's a Cancer Research hospital where a lot of advancement in medicine have developed.
Pros
Very positive culture at City of Hope
Cons
Wished the Cafeteria stays open a little later.
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 21, 2018
City of Hope is a great community, everyone is very friendly and you meet people from all over the US even from others parts of the world. The patients will greet u with a smile even though they are under treatment, Doctors are great here, although some can be a lil ecentic
Pros
Great people to work with, very friendly
Cons
Doctors don’t have to many open appointments
good place to work but can be stressful fast paced
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 10, 2018
It is definitely a good place to work if you like fast paced working environment, however, it can be quite stressful often times. The pay is reasonably good comparing to other hospitals.
Patients
Receptionist at Apple One Temporary Employment (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Greet patients all day, direct them in the right direction, sort mail, schedule patients. Patients are amazing they always tell me my smile and attitude is what they look forward to. Co workers are amazing and very supportive.
Pros
amazing co workers
Clinical Office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Worked in Clinical MDs office, scheduled patients appointments, maintained faculty outlook calendars, travel reservations, messages, faxes, federal express, us mail and general day to day office.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Temp job
Stressful job with no recognition or advancement
Research (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 20, 2017
I would not recommend working here, I think management needs to do a better job at retaining talent and recognizing employees that are going above and beyond.
Great pay
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 9, 2017
Great pay and benefits.
Great management.
Very tough due to the depressing nature of the enviroment, very hard to deal with.
Have to be able to deal with seeing cancer all day everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hope. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight