City of Hope
64Average

City of Hope Employee Reviews

United States349 reviews
Lots of work to keep you busy. Fairly easy and straight to the point.
Sometimes they give us lunch as an appreciation. Only downside is that half the staff is through a temp agency and only way to get hired is if a permanent employee leaves.
Great job! Great company! I love work here! Pay is great and the mission to find a cure for cancer is near to my heart. Flexible work hours and great coworkers.
City of Hope is a great organization! They really value the employees as persons, and they strive to be the best in the medical field to provide the most cutting edge and effective treatment to cure cancer
City of Hope as an organization is very badly managed from the top down. The turn over rate is huge. Don’t get me wrong, the core of what city of hope does is great. Cancer is their core business. They do great from that aspect. Running the business is not their strong point, every department has major issues with bad management. I was there for 5 years and had 4 directors and several CTO’s. The money that was thrown out the window was crazy.
Perfect
Environment- Place that you live at home. Easy to build many and successful friendships. Everyone there would like to help and to motivate you. Nothing is impossible to learn there.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Upper managements are all high school graduate handling a big responsibility which they are clearly not capable off . Upper management prefer their own choice of employees to work for them. Sometimes they are way below educated for the position that they are allowed to work
Pros
The physicians are best to work with
Cons
Not a good place to work
This is not a place you want to work . Don’t come beacuse of the name everyone gets trapped here . They aren’t hiring full time save your energy and time the management is a joke and don’t help you in advancement . And you won’t be hired no matter how hard you work . And you will be micromanaged so be aware of that .
Love the workplace culture, we are all caring people willing to go the extra mile for our coworkers and our patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help a patient with their needs, as simple at providing a wheel to solving a scheduling issue.
Excellent ICU staff. However, you are expected to "float" to other Units. The ICU team is the Float pool. So you do not stay on your unit. Most of Orientation is training in other units so they can float you there once you're of orientation.
Overall best experience working at City of Hope. So many opportunities available. So much help you are able to give to people in need. Staff is the best very professional yet casual enough to make u feel comfortable
City of Hope was a great hospital to work with and though I was there for a short time, I provided some experience from my time with Cedars Sinai and was well respected by my Lead.
I have been working at City Of Hope for a little over five years now. My experiences at City Of Hope has been Great. Within the time that I have been at City Of Hope I have been promoted twice and I have now transferred completely into a different department where I have now took on a completely different job role in the experience an opportunity has been awesome. In my experience the leadership team here has been very encouraging
Working for City of Hope made me feel what a family feels in working together and being able to reach out for help when needed. It was a great learning experience and I appreciate the opportunity that was given to me.
There is alot of advancement with this employer. I learned alot from working here. Lots of opportunities as long as you're a good worker. I really enjoyed working for this company.
I loved working with my patients and the doctors, but the management team at COH has way to much power to do whatever they want and to make stuff up to get rid of people. They really need to look into that to make it a much better place for people to work for. Their turnover rate is extremely high.
Every department is different. this is a huge hospital, if your involved in any way with patient care you are definitely extremely busy.
The benefits are good but after 14 years, I cant say that I feel the same pride I felt when I first started.
Strict work environment. excellent patient safety and care. ICU experience necessary. Assist in all patient intubations mandatory. There is a lot of walking the hospital is huge.
This review is for non-medical administration. Typical 8 hour work day. Work life balance. Mission and Values are not seen on the corporate administration side. Hierarchical. Large company but your advancement is questionable. Some teams are collaborative, some are not.
Unorganized
Supervisor was not in office full time.

Lack of support from upper management.

Lack of training.

No Training

No Respect for employees.
Patient care focused. City of Hope thrives in giving each patient and family members the best care. Each patient and employee build meaningful and trusting relationships
Working here is great, especially if you really want to know more about oncology. There are some staffing issues, but that’s an issue at most places, :)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hope. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight