City of Hope Employee Reviews

Co-workers
UNIT AMBASSADOR PCA (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 1, 2018
The hospital management is very cutthroat. It is all about the bottom line with them. my manager is awesome but since i have been in my unit 4 have left or made to leave. If there is a manager that shows too much interest in what the staff needs, the upper management does not like that at all. For the work that we do, the non-nursing support, does NOT get paid what they should and they short-changed us for our raises. we actually picketed.
Amazing Corporate Campus
Collector (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 27, 2018
City of Hope treats their employees amazing! They provide a beautiful campus with 3 waterfalls, free gym, racquet ball, golfing, bicycles to ride, cafeteria and walking trail. They have monthly meetings and provide free lunch from Pandera. Very decent pay, and benefits. Work load is large but steady.
Pros
free gym, racquet ball, golfing, bicycles to ride, cafeteria and walking trail.
Cons
Heavy Workload
Productive workplace
Therapeutic Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 2, 2018
Great hospital, great benefits would definitely recommend to others seeking employment. Definitely very rewarding working with cancer patients, however it is tough when a patient loses their battle to cancer, you do become very close to patients.
Alright
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJune 14, 2018
Learned a lot of biology here being a chemist. Coworkers are friendly and willing to help. Great benefits.Learned ddPCR,ELISA,staining, qPCR. Was promoted after 2 years.
Great place
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAApril 15, 2018
City of Hope is an institution that cares about its employees and its patients and their families. The hours are great, the managers are great, the environment is great. Salary should be higher.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Pay and raises are not high enough
Great Company to work for.
EMR/EPIC Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 19, 2018
The department I was working for was very cooperative in helping each other out.

If you are fortunate enough to work directly with City of Hope, they offer great benefits to its employees.
Very poor management in the philanthropy office
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 1, 2018
Culture is that of favoritism; managers do not look out for their teams; bad behavior is allowed. Executives do not handle tough issues well. Good employees leaving.
Pros
Cancer Research - doing great work
Cons
Very poor management
Best ever loved it
Brahman Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CA 91010December 6, 2017
Great benefits, Pay, reasonable hours, training, growth opportunities and they are flexible with hours and allow you to work overtime if you need to. “Don't mind coming to work everyday”

This is one of very few places where I can honestly say I don't mind getting up in the morning to go to work! If I am tired. Great team environment Flexible work hours Work/life balance
Culture that may contain biases
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 20, 2018
I had fun working on a project in health education, but the management was not approachable or open to new ideas. I indicated that according to peer-reviewed literature that various methods can be improved, but they ignored my ideas. The department was not interested in evidence-based practice at the time I was there.
work culture
Medical Administrative (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 26, 2018
city of hope is a very hostile environment. too many many changes but no proper training. a lot of favoritism, politics and very poor management.

they micromanage your every move.
nice place to work
Sr. Protocol Content Administrator (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJune 24, 2018
Friendly environment
Great work life balance
Ability to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients. Diverse culture. I have learned a lot about how COH is contributing to curing cancer.
Pros
they celebrate their employees
Cons
Great place to work and grow!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 4, 2017
Very collaborative. Management and culture has to adjust in order to achieve the growth expectations. Love working with the front line caregivers. The Patients are always priority number one.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Culture is slow moving
Great Place to work
Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 18, 2018
Great advancement opportunities available for all. College like campus. Always made to feel like you were a part of something amazing going on in the Cancer Research Field.
A Good Place To Work
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CASeptember 13, 2018
I came from a salaried background so it was challenging to be hourly when the people in my office room were salaried and could take as much time as they pleased. The culture is nice. I came to want something more fulfilling for me.
Great pay
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CADecember 9, 2017
Great pay and benefits.
Great management.
Very tough due to the depressing nature of the enviroment, very hard to deal with.
Have to be able to deal with seeing cancer all day everyday.
A leader in research with hope for cancer patients
Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager, RN, MN, OCN (Current Employee) –  Duarte, CAJuly 19, 2018
City of Hope is a leader in research and has expanded in the number of studies being endorsed. Great place to advance nursing career with focus on new chemotherapy and biotherapy treatments.
Very Energetic and academic oriented research place
Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CANovember 29, 2017
I love the work culture the co workers are willing to share the knowledge. Very research oriented and fast driven to help the cancer patients. Could have improved benefits for employees.
Great place to work at
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 27, 2018
Great facility, amazing doctors and co-workers. It has always been an absolute dream to work for such an amazing facility. I am beyond grateful to have been given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Love what City of Hope stands for and what they offer to patients.
Cons
3hr drive home in the afternoons
raciest nurses, very bad management
unknown (Former Employee) –  DuarteJuly 7, 2018
like most you have RNS, AIDS that work hard then you have the regular lazy one's. RN's sit around talking and making raciest jokes about the aids, other RN's. Patients are not #1 no nothing like the commercials....
CDQ and HIMS managements are great
CDS (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAAugust 3, 2018
However, the HR and job description for the CDI are frighteningly out of date! The HR is not aware that ICD 9 is not in effect. The job qualifications and requirements are absolete. They absolutely need to look at ACDIS CDI job description and adjust. Otherwise, it is a great cancer hospital.
Pros
Is being managed with passion
Cons
Outdated job description and criteria

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Hope. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight