City of Huntsville, AL Employee Reviews for Academic Services Officer

4.0Pay & Benefits
Wonderful management and great experience
Zoning and Plans Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 7, 2017
Working with the City of Huntsville was a wonderful, growing experience. Much of my leadership and confidence can be attributed to my previous management at the City. It was a wonderful environment and I was employed during a period of tremendous growth in the City. As an urban planner, my job was extremely exciting and diverse as I was in constant contact with developers, builders, contractors, business owners, and home owners. Serving the public was highly enjoyable and all aspects of my responsibilities made for a productive, fast-paced, and fulfilling work day.
Professional environment, but also a close team
Zoning and Plans Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2017
Diligence and dependability was expected and happily provided by all. Mostly everyone enjoyed the environment and worked well together. Management was friendly, worked closely with his employees, and easily accessible if needed. I was often awarded opportunities to learn skills beyond my job description. I was incredibly lucky to work with an amazing team.
Pros
Friendly staff and management, communication, well-managed environment
Cons
Prescription drug coverage
Wonderful environment and exciting job responsibilities and potential to grow
Zoning and Plans Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2016
I worked with the City of Huntsville for 14 years. I began my career with the City at 19 years old as a secretary. The City of Huntsville was accepting of my desire to pursue my college career; however, management always challenged me and fellow employees so we were always learning and growing. I was blessed throughout my entire career and am happy to carry on the knowledge and experienced I obtained during my 14 years of service with the City of Huntsville.
Pros
Great management; challenging, but fun environment; serving the public
Cons
As with any government entity, there were some politics that overruled procedures.