City of Huntsville Employee Reviews

Its good job
Firefighter - Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 30, 2018
Its a good pay job in a great atmosphere. The pay is is very competitive for the job required. Training provides for great advancement to ones education.
Productive place to work at
Landscape Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 1, 2018
Learned how to manage crew members and operate in stressful heat conditions while cutting grass for the baseball fields and soccer fields that were managed by the City of Huntsville
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Lazy employees
Steady work
Paratransit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 28, 2017
Steady work, Employees take advantage. Good leaders in most departments. Great Healthcare, Outstanding clinic. Hard to move from your department if you are a good worker.
Awesome place to work.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 10, 2017
The City of Huntsville is an awesome place to work and reside in coupled with raise a family. Being a law enforcement officer, this job taught me many things daily and is constantly changing daily.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Very stressful atmosphere
Fun workplace
Landscape Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 28, 2017
Cutting grass, cleaning streets, planting, and working city events. I learned how to drive tractor riding mowers,management was very great. workplace was fun everyday. hardest part was making the time pass. best thing was working city events.
Great Training
Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXSeptember 7, 2017
You definently learn a lot here. great benefits. don't pay enough. good overtime. very stressful, political, and hostile. learn to lay low and don't ever make enemies.
Good Place to work
Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 26, 2017
I have worked for the city of Huntsville for over 25 years. Great place to work! The benefits are great and the R.S.A. retirement is second to none. Overall the pay is ok, but the benefits make up for it.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Hard to get rid of the dead weight
Valuable Public Tool
Public Transportation Driver (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2017
Working for the public has never been so much fun as it was working for the City of Huntsville. The management was very friendly, open, and well experienced. The training I received was the best of all the jobs I have held so far. The employees and their friendly, welcoming, and supportive personalities made coming to work enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
The occassional unhappy customer.
Public Assistant
Public Safety Communication Operator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 15, 2017
it is rewarding when we can help someone in a life changing situation. when we can make sure they get the help required and be there for them until help arrive.
Pros
Public Safety
Cons
work environment
Productive and friendly community center for people of all ages
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 8, 2017
Very beneficial place to inquire about swimming, football, basketball, baseball, futsal, soccer, room rentals, after school programs, summer programs, library, boxing, and other activities.
fairly fun workplace
fire fighter & EMT (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2017
Decent work environment, with a wide variety of things to learn on a daily basis. The city itself is a pleasure to work even though a lot of agencies do not get along with each other.
Gods house
Water Aerobics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 22, 2016
I worked for a church ans I enjoyed each day bc it was a chance to be around people who love God and show compassion, and understanding for all it was a beautiful place to be daily it was always warm and I wish it has better money I needed more money but I sure loved it there
Pros
Free food and love and hugs
Cons
Made ya feek bad about sinning
Wonderful environment and exciting job responsibilities and potential to grow
Zoning and Plans Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2016
I worked with the City of Huntsville for 14 years. I began my career with the City at 19 years old as a secretary. The City of Huntsville was accepting of my desire to pursue my college career; however, management always challenged me and fellow employees so we were always learning and growing. I was blessed throughout my entire career and am happy to carry on the knowledge and experienced I obtained during my 14 years of service with the City of Huntsville.
Pros
Great management; challenging, but fun environment; serving the public
Cons
As with any government entity, there were some politics that overruled procedures.
Company Fixed Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 11, 2016
The city of huntsville were a good place to work, A typical day at the city of huntsville were checking my truck before going out on my schedule route for that day. i drove a automated garbage truck on scheduled routes. I learned my way around the city very well. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, i also meet a lot of friends there too. The hardest part of that job were when i retired. The most enjoyable part were i meet a lot of good people.
Pros
The city of huntsville were a good place to work
Cons
no cons
Energetic job
Safety Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 30, 2016
A typical day with the City of Huntsville as a Safety Patrol Officer is very rewarding, I have the pleasure of assisting school age children K-12 wiith safely crossing through traffic. I love helping them to have a good start to their day
Pros
Only working for 1 hour in the Am and 1 hour in the PM
Cons
No pay during summer months
Productive and fun place to work.
Parking Cashier (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoy working for the City of Huntsville. The employees treat you fair and with respect and there is always something to do within the city. I would recommend working for the city.
Fun workplace if you're looking for a temporary job.
Lifeguard/Swim Lesson Instructor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 6, 2016
Working for the City of Huntsville as a part time employee in the parks and recreation department has its perks, but there aren't many opportunities to move up.
over all it was a good job
sweeper and truck driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 31, 2015
it was a good job in all but the people in charge didn't really no how to deal with their employees as a person and I feel they handled things in the wrong way anyway that suited and fit them
Pros
got a break when we wanted got long lunches didnt have no one looking over our shoulders
Cons
the supervisors working in all type of winter
Fun and exciting
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville,ALMay 27, 2015
I would definitely recommend employment at this company.The wages and benefits are competitive and worth striving for. The comrade is something that makes this experience worth having.
Good.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXMay 8, 2015
The city of Huntsville is a great place to work. It is a great city to work in. It is a great place to learn the job and to do the job well.