City of Irvine Employee Reviews

help teach the next generation
Community leader (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 1, 2018
Love working and growing then kids within our programs at the City of Irvine. when I work and see how I can influence the next generation of the world It brings me great pleasure to be able to educate and elaborate or any to all situations children never understand or have yet to experience and learn. when I see the growth and the positive turn around from child to child through every year of learning that takes place within our programs my heart always becomes warmer and loving with hope for the planets and societies future.
exceptional people
community svc 2 Senior Center (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 5, 2018
Unfortunately there is no room for advancement, no full time work and no benefits. The people are exceptional, the work rewarding and that is the reason why I stay after more than 20 years.
Not impressed.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 13, 2018
Disagreements amongst management is all too common and if they make a mistake they point the finger at someone in a lower position. If you want a city job only accept a full time position as part time employees are treated horribly. "part time employees are employed "at will" and serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority". That appointing authority can be anyone even if they are not technically management or qualified to be a manager. Also, healthcare will run you nearly half your paycheck for decent coverage.
Cons
No breaks other than lunch.
Good co-workers
Disability Services Leader III (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 22, 2018
Great people to work with, good pay. Enjoyed working with participants. Management is open to ideas and suggestions, and give opportunities for leadership.
chesse table was sat for break and lunch break
CEO Pars Translation & Interpretation Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 11, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance: Perfect
Compensation/Benefits: outstanding benefits
Job Security/Advancement: Permanent which was wonderful
Management: Excellent Management
Job Culture: Multi environment a perfect place to work
Great work place
CS EPT Leader III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 10, 2017
Working for the city is not only rewarding but challenging. The people are genuine people who care for others and want to make you feel welcomed. Working for them was a rewarding experience.
Secure Job with excellent benefits
FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 28, 2017
This job was very fast paced but rewarding with working with the senior citizens of the City. Work place culture is business casual with high levels of expectations for excellent customer service
Pros
Free lunch in my department, great benefits, free gym
Cons
For me, long drive
Good job
William Woollett Jr (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA 92604June 26, 2017
Good job, difficult to get what you want done. Wish the staff was better, we hire high school kids with no work ethic and do not care. Management is good, I wish it could be better.
Flexible hours while in school
Lead III- Community Services (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 14, 2017
A good place to work while in school, unfortunately, there is little room for growth. Huge company so employees come and go, some stay for a long time and some do not.
Local Government
Human Resources Analyst II P-T (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 2, 2017
Excellent place to work. Close, friendly atmosphere in HR, good co-workers, managers and leaders; very public service oriented entity and very supportive of employees; great benefits and retirement plan.

Want to know more about City of Irvine?

Ask a question
Great College Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 15, 2017
The community services department is a great place to work while attending college. They are very flexible with hours, they often worked with me to find a work schedule which fit into my school and study schedule. In addition they provide a fun work culture.
reap what you sow
Community Service Leader II (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 17, 2017
lot of politics and schmoozing. You need to prove yourself quite quickly here if you want job advancement. many were set in their ways and upper management were untouchable.
Horrible work environment
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  City of Irvine, CAMarch 17, 2017
Very political and they only care for profit. City members are liars and are not held accountable for their actions. Scandals are kept quite by city officials to keep public unaware.
Great work place
Community service leader (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Individual responsibilities including; ensuring safety, allocating field use, field preparation, and closing duties. Time management and training are a part of the job too.
It is a great place to work considering that you are constantly moving and involved with your fellow co-workers along with the participants.
Team Leader I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 26, 2016
Everyday, my coworkers and I work with numerous kids (anywhere from 30-80) providing them with activities to do during school, after school, and during the summer. Since we are under the community service department, we tend to participate in many activities promoting social skills, physical activity, and learning outside of school.
Freindly Place to Work
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR/PUBLIC WORKS (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 28, 2015
Although this was a temporary position everyone made me feel like part of the team and where a great help to me. There was a lot of down time between projects. It was hard to find things to keep me busy.
Pros
Everyone was very helpful
Cons
No enough work-was hard to keep busy.
Cutting edge city
Community Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Irvine CASeptember 29, 2015
An amazing city to work for is established by the amazing people who keep the day to day operations and service above the standards followed by its neighboring counterparts.
Working at the City of Irvine
Administrative Secretary - Public Works (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 25, 2014
I typically start my day off with responding to emails/voicemails. I've learned a great deal about Public Works and working with a City council. Management is supportive and easy to talk to. The hardest part is fighting boredom and watching individuals around that are compensated more and do less while you also do their job. The most enjoyable part are the people.
Pros
I'm able to carpool and I've saved a ton on tolls and gas.
Cons
Not seeing much job advancement.
The City of Irvine is an extremely well managed organization.
Information Technology Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2014
Irvine stood by its employees through several economic challenges over its 40+ year organizational history. It's comforting to know your employer appreciates dedication, and chooses the path of both fiscal responsibility and loyalty to its workforce. Irvine is one of the few municipalities to make it through the recession with no reduction of public services, solid reserves, solid fiscal management, no forced staff reductions during the recession, and a clear plan for an even brighter future.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, strong loyalty to employees, solid financial status.
Cons
The organization is currently running very lean, with very high productivity demands on a reduced workforce.
Most ridiculous place I ever worked
Administrative (Former Employee) –  IrvineMay 8, 2014
I guess it's OK if you're just out of college or you're a fitness instructor, but my experience working as administrative staff at this entity was miserable. I and many others I know are glad to be out of there. : /
Benefits
Cons
Pretty much everything else