CITY OF ITHACA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor
Assistant City Attorney (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 1, 2018
My boss was unsupportive, dishonest, and sexist. I do not and did not like him or his secretary, who was cut throat. The attorneys are not paid fairly for the amount of work that they do. The boss would throw people under the bus and the mayor's secretary would assume more responsibility than what she was entitled to.
Pros
Worked with great people
Cons
My boss
Poor work experience is not worth the benefits.
civil (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The worst employment experience of my life. Lazy, unmotivated employees. Some departments do have a reputation of excellent work. Unfortunately, that was not my experience.
Very stressfull
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  108 E Greene StreetJuly 13, 2017
I would not recommend people working for the City of Ithaca because it was a very stressful place. I worked for the building department no one was hap
Customer Service Representative Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 27, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my work as a Customer Service Representative Trainee at the Chamberlain's Office for the City of Ithaca. I processed payments to the City both at the counter and through the mail. These varied from parking tickets to water/sewer bills to taxes. In my short stay I learned some accounting and cash handling skills. Co-workers were phenomenal. Management in the office was exceptional--friendly and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job for me was learning to use the City's database. The most enjoyable part of my work there was interacting with the public. Ithaca is a diverse city due to the student population of Cornell University and Ithaca College. This combined with the general population made for very interesting interactions daily. I was sad to leave when I moved away for my husband's job change
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and supervisors
Cons
Database can be difficult to navigate
Good Work Place
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 26, 2016
This is a good place to work and there is a great group of people to work with. they take very good care of there employess. This is deffintly a place I recommend to other people
Good place to work.
Mantenance (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYAugust 31, 2015
It was a smaller business and had only one boss, it was ran well and it was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. It was a god learning experience and team work was very good.
Pros
traveled to locations
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYFebruary 14, 2015
The City of Ithaca is an exciting place to work. There is always something to do and everyone is professional and kind. Being the HR intern here has taught me a loot of the human resource role and the critical role a human resource professional plays.