City of Jacksonville, FL Employee Reviews

is was fun place to work.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2018
City of Jacksonville gives a great opportunity for advancement. Also, learning opportunities. They can be flexible with your work schedule and school schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is working five days a week , and don't have too work in weekend,
Great Assignment
Supervisor of Elections (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2018
This job was seasonal I was just hoping that I would have been selected to be permanent employee. I received a great letter of recommendation from my manager whom became a city council person
people
Administration/Library/Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2018
I have met a lot of people in the years that I worked for the city. I have many years of experience with the library and have met wonderful people there.
Pros
library staf
Cons
public works staff
Avis
babysitter (Former Employee) –  jacksonvilleMarch 10, 2018
Un job étudiant qui n'a pas d'évolution possible mais très agréable.
No benefits-No Pay
Automotive and Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2018
Working for the City of Jacksonville is like walking on to another world. Horrible management, Unsafe-Dirty working conditions, Low pay, and only average benefits. Examples: Promotions are based solely on single written tests and tenure (not actual job performance, or experience). Health insurance is average BCBS and is NO cheaper than your average company. There is NO MORE PENSION plan, so now you are paying for your own retirement (like most everybody else). The shop and equipment is substandard. Have you a full set of tools (including specialty tools), and expect to work in a extremely dirty shop with equipment that is falling apart. Nothing gets repaired or replaced quickly here as it is put up for vendor bidding, then review. The only REAL benefit to working for the city, is paid time off (holidays). If you are only a parts changer (not a mechanic) and like working in a factory setting with management barking orders and cursing at you, then this job may be for you. Do your homework PRIOR to accepting employment with the City of Jacksonville. Good Luck.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management, Pay, Benefits, Working Conditions
Great opportunity
Revenue Collector Senior (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Being employed by the City of Jacksonville has been a great opportunity for the past 6 years. I am greatful for all the information I have learned working for the city, but I feel that it is time to branch out and grow.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of increased pay.
In transition
Dietitian Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 18, 2018
The City of Jacksonville was in transition at the time of my employment. The best part of the position was that it was flexible and the fulfilling. The culture was somewhat negative.
My review is mainly in regards to the Jacksonville Public Library
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Admin is extremely rude and condescending to "lower level" workers aka library clerks, when we are actually the reason the libraries are able to be up and running. Without library clerks there would be no JPL.
Pros
amazing coworkers, great benefits, easy access to library materials
Cons
micro managing, terrible customers, lack of respect from admin, low pay
The City of Jacksonville is an excellent public employer
Asst. Management Improvement Officer for HR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2018
I worked in the HR Department and Training Department during my time at this job. I found it to be very enjoyable because of the excellent staff. The opportunities were limitless at the City.
Pros
Great opportunity to advance and build a professional career.
Rigid work environment
Executive Council Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32202January 27, 2018
Work closely with the community which can be challenging at times. Sometimes the hardest thing is to want to help someone but unable to satisfy them due to policy and procedures
Pros
Networking opportunities, perks
Work environment
PM, ITD PMO (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Average work environment, lack of opportunity to advance, not the most open environment in terms of information sharing and very territory protective in terms of departments.
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2017
Very relaxing, routine work. Busiest time will be end of the month. It's easy because I've bee doing this for over 15 years. Free parking, close to home and school.

The only thing I dislike is poor management, no communication within the division. Division seems to be so disconnected and the bad part is management does seem to care.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Very low key even though it can be very physical work.
MAINTAINANCE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 26, 2017
Getting your job tickets in the morning was usually accompanied by a few snacks and a coffee to get you going which was very fun and . beneficial, especially towards the overall moral.
Pros
Cookout on Monday after payday
Cons
Sometimes over worked
preety good.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 16, 2017
it was a very good job if i could i would do it again, everyone who was their were really nice to me. overall it was a very good experience. their was very good hours
Very competitive
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 16, 2017
Very face paced but very competitive, nice and friendly workers. Good work days etc. must remain alerts at all times on the job though. Very cool seasonal job.
Pros
Break time
Cons
Weather
Driver also officer
Jacksonville (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleDecember 15, 2017
Retired with the city after 27yrs of service...plenty of warehouse experience with other employers from making plastic silver ware to cardboard boxes to pulling orders using folk lifts to working in a hardware warehouse..
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Dealth and lost of others
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2017
Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, equipment, claims, and reports problem areas Responsible for improving customer retention through programs and service provided to the customer Utilizes mechanized systems to initiate and complete service orders and handle customer requests Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services and promotions Made recommendations according to customer's needs on features, accessories, upgrades and rate plans Utilize operational systems to process purchases of AT&T products and services; i.e. collections, payments for Wireless bills and accessories
City of Jacksonville
Clerical Support Aide III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 11, 2017
The work load was very demanding, the pay and advancement was horrible. But loyal to the job and the company is was must. The city of Jacksonville have its own HR department instead of being connected to the State of Florida
Fun job with limited growth
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARDecember 11, 2017
Great job but not a career for me, never know what kind of call you will be answering amazing co workers and director loved working here. Just time for me to move on
Wasnt for md
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILNovember 13, 2017
It was a temporary job just summer help
No room for advancment it was slow pace and the wanted you to work hard even though you wasn't getting paid very good
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
All day