City of Jacksonville, FL Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Recording Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL CourthouseJune 11, 2017
I worked as a Recording Clerk which started off great but went down hill fast. When asking for a departmental transfer I was told that transfers happen on the Clerks time not when requested. Management was inexperience when dealing with people or should I say when dealing with me. I would not refer anyone to apply with the City of Jacksonville. There is not room for advancement unless you're in the click.
Pros
Location. I was working inside of the Courthouse
Cons
Management, Pay
Productive workplace
Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2017
I learned a lot more about electronics working here. It was very in depth and detailed. I also learned about traffic signal systems and how intricate they are. Management was awesome!
Pros
Co workers were the best
Cons
Pay could have been a lot better
Know what you're getting into
Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
With the recent changes to the pension, it means you will have Firefighters working shoulder to shoulder, one on a defined benefit and the other on a defined contribution. The department will become a stepping stone as employees will gain valuable experience and move to where there are better benefits. Again, do your homework and understand what you are coming into by accepting a job with JFRD.
Pros
Stable job, promotions ample and available.
Cons
No pension for new employees, family healthcare is expensive.
life saving
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2017
my job objective was to monitor swimmers and other lifeguards
to take preventatives measures to insure that no one drowns or get hurts
also keep pool and pool deck clean and safe
JDRC was a very rewarding place to work.
Program Director of JDRC (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
I was selected to develop the City of Jacksonville’s first Day Resource Center, (JDRC), served Jacksonville’s most vulnerable homeless population including Jacksonville’s homeless or nearly homeless veterans.
Pros
Assisted peoplein need on a daily basis
Cons
Primarily dependent upon Gov't funding
Very competitive atmosphere, great opportunity to move up in the company.
Electronic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2017
A great place to work for very laid back. Given monthly goals and opportunities to do extra work and implement growth. Higher ups care about the balance of work and family
Pros
little supervision
Cons
seasonal.
Comfortable working atmosphere
Part-time Clerical (Former Employee) –  Public Library, City of JacksonvilleFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at the Public Library is an enjoyable exchange between employees committed to serving the public and patrons who appreciated the available resource.
Library services must keep up with technology so its employees are constantly learning to use new software and equipment.
Management keeps focus on the work mission but also considers family commitments by offering sufficient time off in the benefits package.
Working in the public library system exposes employees to people who may have no other comfortable place to spend the day which can be emotionally draining to witness.
A diverse learning environment is the best way to describe the workplace culture.
As an adult educator the greatest reward is helping a student to achieve what they thought was an unattainable goal.
Pros
Vibrant location
Cons
Must pay for parking
Meeting new people
Frot desk assistant/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2016
There were days I've had long days an days that just went by so quickly and smooth, I learned how to file, use different computer technology and websites, scan, organize, etc. I worked in the City Hall building located Downtown of Jacksonville, Florida and everything in that building was covered through the Mayor of Jacksonville. I had nice co-workers but also had co-workers who were rude and can really be lazy and disrespect. The hardest part of the job was when it got really busy and co-workers left you to mostly do all the work, I mostly enjoyed most of my co-workers, helping the people outside the job services and the hours.
Pros
Calm work place
Cons
Short breaks, Rude co-workers
Performs EKG,holter,phlebotomy,vitals,urinalysis,ANSAR,metabolitic testing,CBC,PT/INR,glucometer.PFT
Phlebotomy and medicall assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonvill beachJuly 20, 2013
I am flexible and work with a team or individually..I am dependable,highly organized with excellent attention to detail and follow-through;able to develop positive rapport and empathize with patient and family,