City of Jonesboro Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Pretty good job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 1, 2018
The job was fantastic I learned a lot of good trade skills and have great people to teach me I just could not continue to work any the pay rate I was givin
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No pay
Productive Job
GROUNDSKEEPER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 19, 2018
A typically good job that needs a little work on pay and more advancements in the company This is a good place that people can work if they need a job
fast paced enviroment
E911 Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 19, 2017
The day goes by fast due to the fast paced nature of the job. Very supportive training staff that helps get you to a level that you will be able to handle the job tasks
Good place to work.
Planner (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work. Jonesboro is a great place to live. There are several benefits when it comes to working for local government. The hours are nice.
Benefits
Cons
Silos of information throughout several departments.
At the city of Jonesboro community centers you will meet a lot of different people.
Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  JonesboroMay 1, 2017
Working in the main center for Jonesboro you do a lot of work that is not actually part of your job, but you are expected to do it. Some supervisors will be a pleasure to work with, others will take credit for any good work you do while you will get accused of not doing your job.

It has its benefits such as more time with your family since your only part time but it also has its downfalls such as if you hire part time you can never move to a full time position.
Raises are not given no matter the length of time you are there if you are a part time employee.
Pros
Meet a lot of different people.
Cons
No chance of bettering your position or wage increases if you are part time.
I looked forward to going to work. The people I worked with were fun to be around
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 12, 2016
I drove my route and picked up trash . I learned people throw away some really neat stuff. My mangement team became some very close friends. The hardest part was working during the winter with ice and snow on the ground.
Pros
Driving around on my route I would find things thrown away that I could use
Cons
Winter
working in the parks department
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 21, 2015
A typical day was painting soccer fields and typing registration forms in. I learned how to line up and paint foot ball and soccer fields. The management was great and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the Job was taking up money at the games because the parents were not happy about giving money. I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
Fun
Cons
short breaks
Great learning curve
Accouting Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, AROctober 19, 2014
My seven years here have been a wonderful estuary in which to expand my experience base. I have cross-trained in Payroll, Accounts Payable, Permits, Reception, Collections, and assisted with upper management in their research.
Pros
Benefits, hours, Pto
Cons
Conflict resolution, advancement
No typical days at work
CITY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 22, 2014
I, as the City Clerk wore many hats. In fact whatever came to the City I dealt with - related to the City overall. I learned so many things. I have learned more from this position then I had in any prior positions. I put forth a lot of time on weekends working to make the office function, taking work home. I now know about blueprints, Conditional Use, Zoning, Planning, GDOT, ARC, DCA, State and local Government and on and on. It was an enormous undertaking. That being said, from the first day I was there I dug in, learning as I go, and did it. I dealt with many personalities and felt I was very successful at it. My focus was following the City's Codes and Ordinances and foremost the Charter. I would not deviate from its requirements unless the Mayor chose to approve it. This made dealing with different individuals sometimes difficult but I stuck to what was right and what I was hired to do.
Pros
Never ever bored.
Cons
Could have used more support. Small staff.
good place to work with good atmosphere
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 30, 2012
A typical day is working on whatever project I may me doing at the time or helping others complete their projects.I have learned a tremendous amount of knowledge while being employed here.I have excellent co workers who are hard workers and genuinely nice people.