City of Kansas City, MO Employee Reviews

Typical day.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  City HallJuly 9, 2018
Come in check my emails and calendar, check with co-workers about assignment. Then process along with task for the day. Usually eat lunch at my desk. Here by &:00am Leave by 3:30PM.
Pros
No good or bad. Just what things are.
horrible workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
management is horrible from hr to call center manager they dont treat employees right and dont compensate enough for what you have to do as far as job description
Business
Missouri - Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2018
The company is for the most part laid back ,the employee get along for the most part but upper management and supervisors don't,,They don't really like to listen to employee problems with the job.
Pros
Your out in the field
Cons
Not comprehending with empolyee's
Productive Work place
Senior Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2018
A typical work day consist managing employees, analyzing budget, moving funds to various divisions, processing invoices, deposits, budget transfers, journal vouchers and managing day to day department operations
Large City
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2018
I worked in a call center. Very intense place to work. Learned a lot and the face of the City. Directed citizens calls to departments to resolve issues.
Pros
Quick pace
Cons
Mandatory limits on how long on calls
Productive Enjoyed my team
Vehicle Inspection Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2018
I love working with my customers making sure they get the best customer service. Such as giving the customer a interchange which is resources to show the customer that other vehicle are compatible with other cars that can use the same parts. I have learned 300 engine part on the vehicle also that recycling is important. I feel the hardest part about the job is not having the vehicle nor the part
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Pay
OK place to work
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 28, 2018
Wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The work is challenging and your co-workers are friendly. Upper management seems to overlook employee safety.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Upper management
It is a life
Color Manager / Prepress (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108March 8, 2018
My last place of employment was the best in 35 years. I had great benefits, great management, and I was really happy with my day-to-day work.
My work/life balance was awesome as well as the whole environment.
Due to a corporate merger there were national lay-offs and my position was one of them.
I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Giant corporation with slow wheels of progress
Accountant Ii
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2018
It's the most micro managed job I ever worked. Things constantly change as to what is expected of you on a daily bases. The pay is low and management could care less about you or what your trying to accomplish in your professional career. The training is horrible if you receive any at all. Training should be where get a grasp of the overall process not being told to do it exactly the way one person does it. Half your time will billing grants while the other half will be processing payroll and expect to be micro managed thru the whole process.They talk to like your a child and have no respect for their employees. If payroll is not completed on Friday plan to stay late no upward advancement and to be honest a dead end job

.WORST JOB I EVER HAD!!!!!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay and management is the worst
Great work inviroment
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Great place to work, very friendly work environment. Everyone there treats you like family. They also they take pride in their work and enjoy helping the community.
Fun atmosphere
Recreation Employee (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 18, 2018
Work schedule varies. I have learned all groups come in and use our facilities for all the different amenities that our centers offer. Our management staff needs to come out to the centers and work on the front line with staff to see what we encounter. Working in community centers was rewarding and fun.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Management/Department heads
KCMO Overview
IT Manager - Quality Management & Testing Office (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Once a routine is established the typical day/week/month will be the same. The organization is willing to change if needed based on regulations or required policy.
Pros
Fairly stable organization
Cons
Hard to move up in organization
Great work Life Balance
Program Manager (Administrative Officer) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64106January 23, 2018
Great place to work!

Great place to advance.

Great place for women with family and children

Great place for the sandwich generation.

Great place to build a career!
Pay is terrible
Code Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 17, 2018
You will have a lot of freedom at the job but most of the time you will be performing a job that is unfavorable with the citizens you deal with. You enforce ordinances that people feel oppress the public and put them in binds by writing tickets for violations that they cant afford to fix in the first place. Its a thankless job with management that talks to you in a condescending manner usually. You work in a uncontrolled environment that can be dangerous at times and you spend majority of the job looking a blighted neighborhoods with trash and other violations that will never go away until people care about their own property and environment.This job is usually a gateway into other positions and mostly everyone working there has two jobs to make ends meet (even supervisors). The work isn't hard but it can make your life hard dealing with negative circumstances that the job consist of and the pay. I wouldn't recommend working this job for longer than 6 months.
Pros
The hours are good
Cons
your take home earnings are not enough to survive
It was a great experience
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2018
It Was a great job, with great people. The Pay was good for the city of Kansas City. The hardest part of the job was studying and obtaining your license.
Pros
8 Hour Shifts
Cons
365 Days A Year, No Days Will The Plant Be Off
Health Department Review-
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2017
Great people, great place to work.The only reason I am leaving is to relocate back to where I grew up. 10/10 Would recommend working here. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time.
Structure
General Supervisor/Pipeline Division (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2017
My job was very structured and detailed. Everyone had a job that was required to be performed at the end of the business day if one needed assistance as a whole we were team players
Pros
job advancement
benefits
great experience
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
Overall a great company great benefits, paid leave, and people were very understanding, toward your life outside of the job but I had to leave for personal reasons.
Pros
easy paced work, team work, and great benefits
God Job
Revenue Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2017
This was a tax collection office. It was a good paying job with lots of benefits. It was very competitive. We received bonuses based on out collections.
great benefits, bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
I loved my coworkers and the benefits were the best I've ever had, but the management was also the worst I've ever had. We worked up to 12.5 hours a day by ourselves with out breaks and our managers knew about it, when I told the union, I got fired for "not meeting the terms of my probation"
Pros
great benefits and nice coworkers
Cons
no breaks for up to 12.5 hours and horrible bosses