City of Kansas City, MO Employee Reviews

ok job
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 15, 2018
This job was ok. Good starting salary and benefits, however there is no where to rise in the company. Management was poor but other coworkers were nice enough.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Kansas City, Missouri
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 10, 2018
This job is wonderful, though it does have it's moments. Throughout your day you are answering phones, filling out paperwork and on occasion talking to your attorneys. It can be a very easy 8 hours if there isn't any cattiness that day, if there is.. good luck.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, pay
Cons
managers, stress
Customer Service
Consumer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2018
The work environment was stressful there was constant overtime and the supervisors do not listen to their employees. The benefits were the best part..
Stable work environment
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  KANSAS CITYSeptember 24, 2018
Good Benefits
Productive work environment
Culturally diverse
Centrally located
Hiring above the minimum offered to New hires
Located downtown with lots of upcoming residence
Cons
No parking
Accountant Ii
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2018
It's the most micro managed job I ever worked. Things constantly change as to what is expected of you on a daily bases. The pay is low and management could care less about you or what your trying to accomplish in your professional career. The training is horrible if you receive any at all. Training should be where get a grasp of the overall process not being told to do it exactly the way one person does it. Half your time will billing grants while the other half will be processing payroll and expect to be micro managed thru the whole process.They talk to like your a child and have no respect for their employees. If payroll is not completed on Friday plan to stay late no upward advancement and to be honest a dead end job

.WORST JOB I EVER HAD!!!!!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay and management is the worst
It is a life
Color Manager / Prepress (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108March 8, 2018
My last place of employment was the best in 35 years. I had great benefits, great management, and I was really happy with my day-to-day work.
My work/life balance was awesome as well as the whole environment.
Due to a corporate merger there were national lay-offs and my position was one of them.
I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Giant corporation with slow wheels of progress
Okay
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2018
It was okay for the first several years, now it's time to move on. If I were fairly compensated like a lot of other employees, I would have considered staying.
Pros
Pension, good health insurance
Cons
Not fairly compensated, unequal workload
great benefits, bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
I loved my coworkers and the benefits were the best I've ever had, but the management was also the worst I've ever had. We worked up to 12.5 hours a day by ourselves with out breaks and our managers knew about it, when I told the union, I got fired for "not meeting the terms of my probation"
Pros
great benefits and nice coworkers
Cons
no breaks for up to 12.5 hours and horrible bosses
Great Atmosphere
Kansas City (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 24, 2018
I love working for the City of KCMO. There are many opportunities to move up and countless new ideas and new things to learn from. I would always recommend the City of KCMO as a great place of employment.
Pros
Time off, lunches, events, discounts, insurance
Structure
General Supervisor/Pipeline Division (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2017
My job was very structured and detailed. Everyone had a job that was required to be performed at the end of the business day if one needed assistance as a whole we were team players
Pros
job advancement
benefits
Business
Missouri - Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2018
The company is for the most part laid back ,the employee get along for the most part but upper management and supervisors don't,,They don't really like to listen to employee problems with the job.
Pros
Your out in the field
Cons
Not comprehending with empolyee's
great experience
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
Overall a great company great benefits, paid leave, and people were very understanding, toward your life outside of the job but I had to leave for personal reasons.
Pros
easy paced work, team work, and great benefits
Satisfying work place
DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2018
The hardest part of my job is people calling in who don't have any idea or address where they are calling from. When they need help, which makes it very stressful to send the help they need.

My coworkers are great, made great friends.
Pros
Great friends.
Cons
People calling in who don't have an address where they are calling from
horrible workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2018
management is horrible from hr to call center manager they dont treat employees right and dont compensate enough for what you have to do as far as job description
Slippery foolishness
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2017
I've worked all over the United States, and the management here is on grade school level. Do not be fooled by thinking that becoming a city employee will mean something, you will probably receive better treatment at McDonald's.
Pros
Friendly co workers, decent benefits
Cons
Too many to list here
God Job
Revenue Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 17, 2017
This was a tax collection office. It was a good paying job with lots of benefits. It was very competitive. We received bonuses based on out collections.
Productive Enjoyed my team
Vehicle Inspection Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2018
I love working with my customers making sure they get the best customer service. Such as giving the customer a interchange which is resources to show the customer that other vehicle are compatible with other cars that can use the same parts. I have learned 300 engine part on the vehicle also that recycling is important. I feel the hardest part about the job is not having the vehicle nor the part
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
Pay
Typical day.
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  City HallJuly 9, 2018
Come in check my emails and calendar, check with co-workers about assignment. Then process along with task for the day. Usually eat lunch at my desk. Here by &:00am Leave by 3:30PM.
Pros
No good or bad. Just what things are.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
General Clerical (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriMarch 9, 2013
I performed multiple general clerical duties day to day. Examples: Filing, operated office machinery, received and sorted incoming and outgoing mail, received incoming payments, mailed out business license applications, received incoming guest, answered incoming calls and transfered to the appropriate persons, answered questions about employee benefits and put together employee benefit packets.
Pros
friendly management and a good work atmosphere
Cons
contract work
Productive Work place
Senior Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2018
A typical work day consist managing employees, analyzing budget, moving funds to various divisions, processing invoices, deposits, budget transfers, journal vouchers and managing day to day department operations