CITY OF LAREDO

CITY OF LAREDO Employee Reviews

CITY OF LAREDO insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Poor management

Work is awesome but the management is not where it is suppose to be. People are being hired without any work related experience. Right now as of 5 years back from today workers are not certified and yet they are still there. I am certified and was let go for reasons not true.

Pros

Good job

Cons

Bad management

Patron System, benefits cancelled like tuition reimbursement, Health Insurance used to be free, now they charge you and every year the price goes higher.

Has the potential of being a great work place

Although the salary and benefits are competitive, the work place itself is toxic and advancement depends mostly on politics and who you know or are related to. Management professes to provide opportunities for staff, but the phrase has become cliche. Politics is deeply imbedded and the job depends on doing what is seemingly popular rather than what is right. I was very disappointed during my tenure.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No advancement opportunities, clicque oriented, toxic environment

Hate working there

They are all people from Mexico and they are different in the sense that nobody speaks English and they do not like people who do, they feel you need to adapt to them

Fun enviroment

Working for the City of Laredo was an awesome experience for a teenager. When looking to advance in the company, I would not recommend. They do work with school hours, so as a student it would be an awesome job.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Minor Growth opportunities.

The supervisors are a bit immature. They would both fight with each other and infront of customers. Its something that i considered "unprofessional". They would never agree and confuse us as associates.

I was forced to retire because I would report defective trucks, would document wrong doings and all I got were reprimands. I was told to choose to ret

I was forced to retire and I lost about half of my retirement benefits, I lost the chance to have The financial stability as a fully retired person. I feel they destroyed my future. All I was doing was following safety issues

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Unable to voice concerns without getting reprimended

Be you & causal

Just wear a t shirt some jeans & any type of shoes besides open toe . Ask as many questions as possible and pay attention to all advice giving from your manager.

Good job if you are single

No money here , just do your job almost for free , Just because you're working for city of laredo.. i was paid 11.25 an hr . Not enough for a truck driver. Come on . It is really ch6

Pros

Good management

Cons

Low pay, really low paid

Time with the City of Laredo. Met alot great people and learned varies of skills such as fill the walls of cement inside a sewer manhole to ensure walls don't cave-in

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Little pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CITY OF LAREDO?

Very challenging but exciting environment

Consistently planning and organizing work and projects for Transportation Departments. Work was very demanding but I included my assistants to assist

Pros

Excellent Benenfits.

Cons

Political environment.

Working with in coming clients or people from the city. You also work with alot of children. You work 40 a hours a week and some over ti,me in weekebds it depends if you would like to work.

Professional with great leadership

Working as a compliance Officer in the City of Laredo has been a tremendous experience for me. I have learned and develop my skills as well as met some very interesting people

productive

it was a great day always had something to do kept busy was able to communicate good with personal from other departments made a lot of friends. some in which i still have great communication with

Okay

This job is for people that are retired or young kids are starting to work it's okay you have to be tough and willing to work during any weather conditions and deal with a lot of BS

Pros

Ok poeple

Cons

Be on your toes

It was a slow job

This job was a laid back slow paced job. It was an entry level position and not very challenging at times. It was a great experience because of locating to Texas.

Pros

not stressful

Cons

boring

challenging and fun

On a typical day we would clean parks picking up trash, cut grass and trim trees and bushes as needed. Learned how to use and trouble shoot different types of sprinkler systems. Hardest part of my job was keeping safe as the heat in the city is very hot and unsafe so we had to keep safety as a priority.

ok

my cow-workes great to work with management just looking at what you do wrong but never of what u do good..every day you learn something new with the customers...

Pros

talk to co-workers

Cons

managements no good

Diverse

I am happy and grateful for the experience I acquired while working for the HR department at the City of Laredo. I learned how to multitask projects considering it was a very high paced environment. I had the opportunity to work with various departments and levels of management. The city also provided great health care benefits.

Pros

Great learning experience

Cons

salary

muy buena

Muy buena experiencia y trabajar para mí retiro y tener un trabajo igual o mejor y tener facilidad de progresar

Pros

seguro medico

Cons

retiro para mí tercera edad

Buen ambie te laboral

Horarios cambiantes cada 3 meses, un puente al año

Pros

Todos los veneficios y tus 40 horas seguras

Cons

Cambio de puesto cada año

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF LAREDO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

CITY OF LAREDO Reviews by Location