City of Lawrence, KS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Would never recommend working for the city
Loader (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 13, 2017
Once an employee gets hurt they completely treat you with no respect and no value. If you bring your concerns to them they retaliate and take away your raises and provide you with more workload. They do not care about their employees and have no respect for the loaders. Upper management chooses to turn their heads and ignore the major issues.
Do not work for the City...
Loader (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 24, 2017
workers do not get raises if they are injured on the job. I have never worked for an employer that cares less for their employees. the benefits are the ONLY positive and they are not enough to deal with the lack of leadership and poor management.
Pros
benefits
Cons
middle upper management
Tough but makes you have good work ethic
Forestry Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 5, 2016
Waking up really early before sun rises, going outside to move huge logs and rake up leaves, and direct traffic. It would be scorching hot while wearing jeans and long sleeve to cover the sun in the middle of my hours. I learned the safety measurements of huge machines that could be very dangerous for instance, the chipper machine and the job allowed me to see how hard I can work.