City of Lewiston Employee Reviews

Love it
Empl (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, IDJanuary 18, 2019
I Love working here. The new city manager has made a huge improvement so far and I can not wait to see how much more he will accomplish in the future!
Excellent work place
Principal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 6, 2018
The City of Lewiston is the greatest work place on earth. I will recommend anybody to apply for an open position that they feel qualified. I had a good time while working at Lewiston City.
loved working in Human Resources
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 14, 2018
I loved my job especially with the interaction with employees. I was able to interpret labor contracts and administer benefit packages to a very diversified employee groups.
Pros
dealing with employees
Cons
political atmosphere
Fast paced and interesting
Receptionist at Community Development (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 6, 2018
Good place to work, get to deal with a lot of different people. Learn a lot about the city it's self and learn about all the different groups who want to better the city.
Great job and management
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDApril 2, 2018
Great place to work for and the director of parks and recreation and the park maintenance supervisor were very helpful and the staff in parks department were very supportive
Pros
Hours pay benefits
Cons
Very dependable source of income.
Water Distribution Shop Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lewiston IdahoSeptember 18, 2017
Work started at 6:30 am and ended at 5:00pm. I learned the working process of water treatment all the way through water distribution.My managment was very easy to work with because I stayed busy and did my job. Hardest part of the job was the physical labor, digging and jack hammering and so forth. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Friendly people
Good place to work, except in Community Development
Ambulance Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDOctober 12, 2015
I worked there for almost 12 years. 9 in Community development. VERY busy place, fast paced, I loved working with the customers & the mutitasking required. I switched over to Finance & it was just too quite & slow paced for me.
Pros
Paid very well, great benefits
Cons
Not always treated well
Interesting position, very fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewiston City HallJune 21, 2013
This was a temporary position in the general assistance office. I filled in while someone was out on medical leave.
good job
Class B Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEFebruary 21, 2013
Enjoy driving a Class B Truck . Great place to work if full time
Pros
good people
Cons
i was part time = seasonal
City Of Lewiston
Child Care provider. (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 16, 2012
I worked with children from ages kindegarten to sixth. I learned so many new things about different cultures and different people. It was such a rewarding job because these children looked forward to coming to see me every day at work and enjoyed spending their time with me. My only co-worker was my mom but we made a great team. The hardest part of my job was dealing with parents who didn't care about their children and never made an effort to help them, and chose drugs and alcohol over keeping their child safe. Most enjoyable part was seeing their smiling faces walking in every day!
Pros
working with kids, great environment.
Cons
seasonal.
Wonderful staff and working environment.
Computer Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEMay 15, 2012
A place where employees were encouraged to take initiative and perform to their potential. This municipal government did an excellent job of serving it's people.
Pros
opportunities to grow and excel.