City of Lewisville Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Good People, great place to work
Facilities / ADA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 19, 2018
Great People, good place to work, had many great years, dedicated to public service and helping all who live here.
would change a thing about living or working there.
Fun place to work
Public Safety Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 18, 2018
I love working for the city of Lewisville. My only con is that I just don't get paid enough to make a living . You are lucky if you get a job for the city. They really care about their employees.
A wonderful place to learn a trade you have to study and work hard but you will learn a trade
Water Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 6, 2017
It a a wonderful environment with great people to work with. The learning opportunities are endless and you can reach whatever goals you set your mind to. There is not only the learning about Water Treatment and the use of chemicals to treat the water but why and what these chemicals are used for also Hazmat training the use of and SCBA or self contained breathing apparatus.
Pros
Great learning enviorment
Cons
Long work days no scheduled breaks or lunch
Animal Shelter Summer PT Attendant- Humbling role
Shelter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Great work that helps you feel good about the work you do. Wasn't a life time role for me. I had a sole summer position with minimal supervising, I was given my tasks and completed them in my time allotment.
Pros
Animals!
Cons
-"Dirty jobs" kind of job
Human Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 11, 2017
City of Lewisville is an excellent employer. Outstanding benefits and a positive upbeat environment. They treat employees fairly. Best place I have worked.
Media Tech / Social Meia (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 24, 2017
Good place to work. As with any place there were some things I wish could have been different. I wish some things about my favorite hang outs could be different, I wouldn't let that sway people (who are reading reviews about the place) away from the place. Friendly family atmosphere. The only thing I marked hash was the job work/life balance. There was not really a good balance in my department. My family was growing, but I had nobody to help me with my projects, and the project assignments were increasing pulling me away from my family days, nights, and weekends. Had I had 1 extra person in my department I might have stayed.
Pros
loyalty, security, friendly, fun, good benefits, good pay
Cons
There are none really except the lack of work/life balance. Other than that, do your job to the best of your ability and its a terrific place to be.
It is a great place to work!!
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 2, 2017
I was a police officer for 23 years and enjoyed working there most of that time. They like to promote from the ranks of employees already there. Free Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner.
Pros
Just do your job and they stay off your back.
Cons
short breaks, 12 hour shifts
Easy Going Fun Environment
Rec Leader - Herring Recreation Center (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 10, 2017
Working with the City of Lewisville is easy going yet thrilling and keeps you on your toes. Great co workers and lots of opportunities to grow in your position.
Great oppurtunity
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work. Ample opportunities to learn from senior management on a variety of topics in public finance. Learned accounting principles.
Productive workspace
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TxJanuary 6, 2015
* Worked along with a small group of other co workers to maintain and upkeep the City of Lewisville Parks and Recreations

* The upkeep of a park of the city and daily requirements

* A up to scale management

* A young group of guys that work together when it was required

* Working along side of a great group of guys
Enjoyable environment
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 1, 2014
Cash handling, customer interaction, answering customer questions, knowledge of department telephone numbers, knowledge of park policies and rules. Annual park passes and single day pass sales.End of shift paperwork. Can be slow, bring homework or a book and activities.
Great place to work there was alot of teamwork
Licensed "C" Surface Water (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 5, 2014
Prepares chemical solutions and calibrate process instruments
Performs calculations for chemical additions. Records hourly meter readings and backwash filters based on head loss readings
Fills and adjusts chemical feeders.
Learn the process of water production
Management were both very willing to work with individuals and teach them the proper procedure and processes.
All my co-workers were awesome to work with with the exception of two but I'd learned to get along.
The hardest part of the job was learning all the newer technology.
The best part of the job was that I was close to home and iI had great guys to work with.
Pros
Allowed time off when needed
Cons
Working Lunch
Productive and friendly working environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 23, 2014
Answered the phones, placed building inspections and permits. Scanned in plans and documents. Data entry
Lewisville's finest
Sanitation and Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, ArkansasAugust 19, 2014
A typical day would be to ride on the back of the trash truck and pick up all the trash in the City of Lewisville. However as resources began to dwindle my job duties increased to maintenance of city property as well.
Learned how to adapt to any type of weather.
Management was good to the city workers, they treated us fairly.
My co-workers were good to work with and never had a problem with any of them.
The hardest part of the job was being outside in the heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job was payday and going home to my family.
Largely a good place put with poor management.they have a tendancey to play favoratism by promoting un-qualified canidates.
Equipment Operator / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 25, 2014
Doing asphalt repair's removing. Removal and replacement of materials. Training a new equipment operater to help with the daily responibilities. Training of the three crew-leaders and one foreman in the past year in all aspects of asphalt repair plus supervice two mantinance work's and two temporary laborer's. My Crewleader and operator are new but seem to be fast learners. The two maintenance worker's are descent people but lean to the lazy side. It's hot and can be dirty and fisicaly demamding. I would not have been in this business for over 20 yrs. if I didn't love what I do. I love working out-doors.
Pros
They have some great lunch's at the shop and the lake / 4 day work week.
Cons
no morning break a 30 minute lunch and no afternoon break on a 10 hour day
Fun place to work
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TxNovember 8, 2013
Loved working there with kids. It was stressful but I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Fun
Cons
lots of kids
Good place to work!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TexasOctober 14, 2013
Great place to work!! City of Lewisville is a great professional place to work. They have ongoing training opprotunities and a Great HR Department.
Pros
Benefits!!
Cons
Low on man power.
Good production and good environment to work in
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 15, 2013
Work days started at 6:30am. I created work assignments for the crew members. Learned new skills about leadership. Enjoyed working with foreman and supervisors. I formed good working relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was being out in the heat and humidity all day. The most enjoyable part of my job was all the new things I got to learn and implement.
Pros
Free leadership classes
Cons
Healthcare
City of Lewisville - Aquatics
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 10, 2013
The PALS office ROCKED back in 2010. However, I haven't worked there in 3 years so I don't know what it's like now.
Pros
summer time and the living's easy
Cons
seasonal position
Good place to work.
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TexasApril 12, 2013
It was good to work with most of the people and not so good with a few.
Pros
operating heavy equipment