City of Long Beach, CA Employee Reviews

Friendly co-workers
COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 2, 2018
Friendly atmosphere, job duties vary from one day to the next. would recommend a friend to work with the city, however pay is low, have no medical after retirement.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
very little training
Best Airport of SoCal
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach AirportAugust 31, 2017
I learned so much from my supervisor, managers, and co-workers. The job culture that was cultivated from the managers on down, is like no other place I've worked before. I am grateful for the relationships I made, and the knowledge and skills I obtained here. The only downside was that there weren't many opportunities for you to grow career wise.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Secure Job values
Clerk Typist II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I worked for the City of Long Beach for 15 years and was offered a retirement package that was too good to pass up.
I have learned may useful skills such as customer service and different computer skills.
There are many levels of management within the city and they work well as a team to provide the community with needed events and opportunities.
Pros
Providing community with endless events and opportunities
Great City to work for
Law Enforcement (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 7, 2016
This is where I got my start in Law Enforcement. I started here as a Reserve Police Officer which carried me into being a Police Dispatcher. I then eventually became a Police Offficer.
Stable and sustaining career paths here.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 1, 2015
Working for the city of Long Beach has sustained my life for almost 10 years. I would recommend anyone applying to start young. There is great potential to start and finish your career here. I have learned many different department structures here that have allowed me to further advance myself and support my family.
Pros
PERS Retirement, Room for growth, City life
Cons
Traffic prone