City of Los Angeles Employee Reviews

Learning on the field
Engineering Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2018
Leaning from other co-workers the needs of the projects and learning AutoCad.
Learning voltage drops for the street light circuits of several projects.

Approving submittals.
Games like that is good, I like them, but only if everyone remains professional
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  City of Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2018
Pat attention to your employee when there is a request If employees having a problem, call him and check with him or her......sometimes city rules and regulations are to Strick in order to have a good employee to remain a good employee look and see if you’re rules are 99% fair very closely...thank you.
Pros
Working for the city of Los Angeles is a great opportunity .
Cons
Sometimes it can, depends on the work load
Awesome place to work
In Home Supportive Services (Former Employee) –  Clients Homes (Various locations)November 9, 2018
I enjoyed the 12+ years I worked for the City of Los Angeles. As an In-Hime Service Provides my job was rewarding. Although it can be stressful at times, but I learned to have a lot of patience with people with disabilities. I worked as an independent contractor, therefore there were no managers or supervisors overseeing my work. The hardest part of the job was ensuring the client could follow the protocol to keep him or herself safe in a moment of crisis.
Pros
The Ability to Help clients reach his or her highest potential.
Cons
Burnout
Productive place to work
Administrative Intern II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2018
The City of LA provides a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. In the two years that I've been with the company, I've done several different roles, all of which have taught me a new skill set and something I can use to grow in my career.
Everyday was interesting
Airport Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2018
Everyday was exciting and challenging, as you never knew what to expect. Worked with a great group of people. Teamwork is key to accomplishing daily goals.
Pros
Meeting new people, working alongside positive and energetic people.
Cons
Working during the summer heatwaves.....
good environment
TYPIST CLERK (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the City, specially Convention Center. I was able to use my knowledge in computer and record retention to mange and computerize the exhibitor services record from 2004 to 2013.
It was a relaxed, easy-going workplace
Poll Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAOctober 24, 2018
I liked the work because it was amazing working with so many different people. It allowed me to help many voters and it was great working with excited first time voters.
Special Projects Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2018
At this current time , the job is good if you are in school but it will not pay living costs as a part time job alone. It is a good part time job. Advancing is tough due to testing being on hold due to lack of fulltime positions.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Though neighborhoods
Fun place to work
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2018
Its a good place to work but finding set hours can be very difficult if you don't know someone that already works for the City. A lot of directors like to choose people that they know to work for them and they will give them hours instead of other people.
Great work envirement.
Class B Local Commercial Driver. Rubbish Truck (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2018
Very good equipment & Staff to work with. Great hours , with Good future work growth opportunities. Great running Equipment & well maintained. Many good classroom driving tips, as well as The Smith System Training. Out in the field , Safety Training was explained very well in full detail for better understanding.
Pros
Great start times with weekends off. Most route customers very respectfull, and Appreciative.
Cons
Can't think of any. But if needed info, guess it would have to be the bad smell on a monday morning, after rubbish sitting all weekend. But very much tolerable.
Outstanding place to work
Traffic Officer II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2018
The City of Los Angeles offers many opportunities for promotion and advancement city wide. Open positions are regularly posted on their website and benefits/salary are competitive with other government agencies.
Many ways to move up and promote
CLERK TYPIST (Former Employee) –  Dept. of Airports, City of LAOctober 1, 2018
I started with the City of LA as a Clerk Typist and kept taking promotional exams.
When I retired in 2001 I was number one on the Superintendents List.
Pros
Medical, Dental and Eye care was great. Paid sick time, holiday pay and Vacations
Alternating fast and slow pace work, accelerating as city elections took place.
Clerk/Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles City Center, CASeptember 18, 2018
Performed voter signature analysis, processed voter registration forms. Processed Election ballots and petition signature applications.
Daily prioritizing, staging, dispatching of Incoming bulk mail to clerk pool and Management desk.
Review of all work processed by clerks under my supervision.
Prior to start of Election Season was part of Team responsible for processing Election materials to Voting population in city of Los Angeles. This project required organized effort by Management-Supervisor group for a period of 2-3 weeks.
Pros
Great Management Team.
Cons
The fact that Job is over.
Great place for a career with promotional opportunities
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2018
Having a career with the City of Los Angeles is very rewarding and a service to the citiz ma of Los Angeles. The careers withbthe City have great benefits and plenty of opportunities to promote.
I wish I never left
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
I was just an intern but I loved my workplace. The networking events were amazing and the work was rewarding. However, many people there couldn't afford to live on their own in the city for work for which is pretty sad.
ok
Wastewater collection (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2018
People there is ok to work with to much favoritism when it comes to management don't always promote people according to experience don't always favorite people they don't like discriminate instead of correcting problems with employees they rather terminate them once they do like they will ignore any wrongdoing
Pros
pay lunch
Cons
good health care
It is a very good place to work
Feild Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 22, 2018
The city of Los Angeles is a very good place to work . There is a high standard of community service that everyone strives to work towards and is professional.
Great City System and Endless Promotion Opportunities
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2018
as a city employee there are plenty of job openings to City Of LA employees. i work as a recreation assistant. SO I can always go and check the employment website and see what's available
Fair
LA County Registrar Recorder (Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJune 29, 2018
The management were fair and business like. The hours were fairly long because I work during the elections. It's more than ten hours a day more than two weeks. The workplace where tolerable but the work were plenty. I wouldn't mind working here again.
Pros
adequate work and schedule
Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2018
Enjoyed working in the public sector. Nice opportunity to work for different departments in various positions while maintaining employment with the same employer.
Pros
Cons
Bureaucracy-Red Tape