City of Loveland, CO

City of Loveland, CO Employee Reviews

United States7 reviews
A typical day at work includes a meeting to in form us o the duties for the day. I usually start my day off doing pot home repair either with a spray patcher or use cold mix this can take all day. Depending on weather we are snow plowing or cleaning the trucks from the storm, in the spring through fall a also spray weeds through out the city.
I wore several hats - planning and project management. Hardest part of the job was implementing the traffic calming program. It was hard to find solutions that worked for every. Working on multiple projects helped me to grow professionally.
The City technology department is too tied to its history.

Old school monitoring and micro-management. The staff run things and run rough-shot over management with the help of HR.

Culture is only applicable if you are part of the old guard.
I Love this place. Ive become very close with almost everyone i have met here and it is so enjoyable. This is the first job that i can actually say i love coming to work for.
The city of Loveland was the best employer I ever had. I retired because I was 71 years old and a full time mechanic position was becoming difficult to do and I was having some problems with Planar Fasciitis.
Pros
wonderful environment
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I was able to build positive relationships with the community. It was very rewarding to work in the schools as an SRO. The department was ranked as one of the nations top mid-sized Police Departments based on various community satisfaction data.
Pros
flexible collateral assignments
Cons
sometimes very dangerous
I often attended functions beginning in the early morning and lasting throughout the day. Council meetings could run well past midnight. Management and City workers were exceptional. The hardest part of the job was juggling a law practice and duties as an elected official. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with City employees, serving the people of the City and the vast information connection.
Pros
Learning about local government and the City.
Cons
Time demands and compensation/benefits.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Loveland, CO. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3