City of Manassas Employee Reviews

good people to work with
Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 12, 2018
Working 12 Hr Shifts all the time is hard with no full weekends off, I learned a lot about lab work, the management seemed fair, the work environment was ok, cold in the winter, the hardest part of the job was having to come in on days off for training, clean areas to work in and the staff were very friendly
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Shifts
Learned something new every day.
Permit Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 24, 2016
I loved working for the City of Manassas. Dealing with the public I had the advantage to learn something new every day, which kept the job from getting boring. I started my career as an admin in Community Development and through training I was able to advance. The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable and that was dealing with the citizens of Manassas, because I was in code enforcement and permits I often got yelled at until I was given the opportunity to educate them on the code.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Too far from home
Poor leadership.
Supervisor, Real Estate Assessments (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 6, 2016
The job description was totally misleading. A Supervisor should not be given clerical work to take up the majority of the work day.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Clerical/ admin. work takes up most of the work day.
Customer Service is a Strong point in this Business
Warehouse Technician II (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 23, 2015
Laid back place of business, some days are busy, some are slow,Very Nice place to work,I recently bought a house at Lake of the Woods and want a shorter commute. My knowledge of Warehouse/Logistics, is my strong point, through the Military till Today. Have made a lot of friends, Leadership is positive, and STRIVES to keep Moral up. The hardest part of my Job is fighting the Bee's when the weather gets hot.