CITY OF MILPITAS Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
fun and relax with good support from supervisor
GIS Specialist (Former Employee) –  1265 n milpitas blvd, milpitas, caFebruary 20, 2018
the divisions that I worked with are really friendly and flexible and that was why I love working here , hardest part of the job is when the due dates are coming.
Planning Commissioner (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 15, 2017
Very exciting and innovated place to work! The people are enjoyable as well as helpful. You will be joining a community of 328 professional employees as diverse as the city they support. We are privileged to have such a unique workforce and to foster an environment that encourages those differences. We believe in supporting our employees’ abilities and desires for professional growth, to better support retention and commitment throughout all career stages. Milpitas employees are proud and know that their contributions make a difference to the community as well as to their own career
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Informative and Rewarding Work Experience
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 17, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time working for the City of Milpitas. The City residents are highly diversified which results in a beneficial and educational work experience. Perhaps the most fulfilling job opportunity is to work for a local government and non-profit organization due to the common goal of benefiting the residents.
Pros
Education
Cons
Temporary positions and their hour limitations
Productive, fun
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJune 7, 2017
If you're looking to grow within working with people and kids, also stay within working in a school district I would recommend working here. This was my first job and I couldn't be happier I started here. I've grown so much working with the individuals I have. I've taken many things with me as I moved on to another job. The knowledge you learn and the skills that come along with this job are unbeatable, it will help you in your day to day life as well as when you move on to a full time job. This job is something new each day, you never do the same things continuously.
Pros
Good management, building skills
Cons
Low pay rate
Great Workplace
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 30, 2017
Everyone was nice and helpful. The work environment was really friendly and it felt like a family. Work was shown how to be done and was flexible on hours and availability.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Fun workplace with interactions with people of all ages
Milpitas - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAJuly 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be to put on a lot of sunblock, get in the water to teach adults and children how to swim, check the chemicals and locker rooms, clean up vomit in the pool, guarding on the stands and while roving, making sure patrons know the rules and water safety of the pool, etc.

This was my first job and I have learned a lot about customer service and being professional. I have also learned to have patience with those that don't learn as fast as others, and find different ways to teach different kinds of people. I had to learn how to communicate with everyone on a proper and professional manner instead of casual.

Management was great and was always there to offer help if needed. They kept me up to date with everything going on with the pool and would offer guidance when I was uncertain of what actions I should take regarding some problems.

My co-workers are great as well. This job brings everyone closer together for some reason, and the bond that we have by the end of the summer is long lasting.

I think the hardest part of the job would be the conditioning and teaching in the water. Teaching in the water is hard, because I have to carry kids all day. I have gotten sun burned so many times as well.

The most enjoyable part of this job is being friends with everyone and teaching. For example, when I go out grocery shopping, one of my students will recognize me and greet me. Since I work closely with kids, their parents are also on familiar terms with me.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
low pay, sun burn, majority of the uniform is self bought (only shirt was provided when we needed packs, whistles, etc.), major changes that happened too fast
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
Pool Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 16, 2014
It was a good first job. I enjoyed it a lot and met amazing people that helped improve my people skills.
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 20, 2013
Attending everyday promptly as scheduled, kids of different age groups are managed under my care. With different activities, watching out for a safe environment, and creating age appropriate games, being a recreational leader was not difficult at all. I was happy where I was and motivated to teach kids different things everyday.
productive
Administration Assistance (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 14, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is no stress. I have been with the department for 2 years and everyone is friendly.